Unit Stats - Accuracy

If you find false or unclear or totally missing information in the built in help, than please put it here.
thanks.
Sethington

Unit Stats - Accuracy

Post by Sethington »

So I was using the Tanegashima Ashigaru the other day and noticed that it's accuracy was TERRIBLE! It missed nearly 3/4 or the time which got me thinking about the times that the catapult, TIE fighter, and other units missed their target. A nice feature I think would be to show the accuracy of units like this in their stats as a percentage. For example, Tanegashima Ashigaru - 30% accuracy, Catapult - 70% accuracy, etc. Also, along this same thought is to have an upgrade in either the Advancement Center or Blacksmith to increase accuracy of these units. Example, Increase Accuracy Lv. 1 - increases the accuracy or ranged units by 10%. If implemented you might could balance by decreasing archer accuracy to 85 or 90%.
TheBluePhoenix

Re: Accuracy

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I agree with you. Though siege weapons with bad accuracy is not a big problem , bad accuracy makes some units like slinger completely worthless. There should be a tech to increase the same
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Re: Accuracy

Post by COOLguy »

Use units with bad accuracy against units in a large group, against structures/slow moving units, or against (especially!) units garrisoned in tc's.

Slinger: there is a topic somewhere about an upgrade unit for the slinger with increased accuracy.
Thanks!
Josh
Sethington

Re: Accuracy - ANSWERED

Post by Sethington »

Your advice is sound, however I've used a Tanegashima Ashigaru to attack a fortress and it missed. :| I still would like to see the accuracy in the stats so to have a more complete strategy on units, where they would be best suited, and their cost/effectiveness.
Alexander82

Re: Unit Stats - Accuracy

Post by Alexander82 »

I don't think is possible. It should have 0 chance to fail against speed 0
Age of Fantasy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

no.
as i remember : sum inaccuracy = inaccuracy * (movementspeed + 1)
except if he has bonus against anything - that removes all inaccuracy (like siege weapons against builkdingS)
Detros

Post by Detros »

Catapult is currently in the Help described with inaccuracy of "15 % per speed point of target".
- So it is not so for all inaccurate units?
- Do they just use other coefficient than 15 %, do they have plain inaccuracy (say, always 30%) or what function do they use for their inaccuracy?
- So which unit has which amount of inaccuracy?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

It is determined for each unit in the stats - I believe 15% for most, but not certain.
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Documentation”