Unit Value Remake

Things that did not fit to the other parts
dust-n-steel

Unit Value Remake

Post by dust-n-steel »

Can reset the speacial values for the units (attack power, strenght, sight, move, ...) to the principles set for Age of World Wars here? http://androidutils.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=911
What color is your flag when it's burning?!
balint

Re: Unit Value Remake

Post by balint »

Yes.
I am curently workibg on that. but I am kinda sick so it has to wait.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

If we ever get back to this, here's some thoughts I have.

This game is fine with everything having range, in my opinion. The big problem I've seen in my recent space battles with midonik is that spaceships have absurdly high attack for comparatively​ low health, and no real bonus system. Currently, two equal fleets battling will always be won by the first player to shoot. Since advancing almost always puts you in range before you can get a shot off, this means the one who attacks is usually the loser.

AoUFO will have the AoWW system. Let's try to adjust this game to have the same range system as AoS and AoF. Maybe give some thought to melee fighters, with vibroblades and personal shields. Wookies and​ droids make good candidates for melee roles, alongside the obvious Jedi and sith. Melee starships might also help ease the "all ranged" issue.

Again, I know this project is on indefinite hiatus, but I thought I would share my observations for the (hopefully) possible future.
The glorious sun rises again
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I doubt we will continue this project because of this:

New unit from film=Pay money for it
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Stratego (dev) wrote:not yet, i am waiting for someone to find a way to legalize it :)
Daniel seems to be holding out hope. I don't know if it will ever happen myself, but it can't hurt to make suggestions for if things work out
The glorious sun rises again

Return to “Others”