On burning and skeletons

Sunrise Samurai

On burning and skeletons

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

It's been mentioned that there are too many sources of burning to keep undead basic units useful. I rather agree with this, as burning should counter powerful units like trolls more than units that dont need such a large scale counter.

I suggest burning be removed from skeletons (as well as poison) but all canine units be given a bonus against them instead. This means wolves will be the elven response to basic units with really high pierce armor and have a 100% bonus, while the canine scout will have some use for once and get a much larger bonus so it deals some damage to them as well.
The glorious sun rises again
Typhoon

Re: On burning and skeletons

Post by Typhoon »

I really appreciate someone finally noticed how bad fire is against undeads right now
Skeletons are spine of undead army when fighting against vulcano tower you dont even have chance to hit it because it will burn you to ashes before you will reach it we also have to remember fire stacks which means you can deal 12 or 16 damage per turn at some point
Im not coming. Im impending
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

More than canine units I'd go with a bonus for blunt weapon's users
Age of Fantasy design leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

I agree with no burning on skeletons but zombies can keep their burning since there isn't much of them.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Maybe both. The point of fire was supposed to save elves from the high pierce armor in early game. Elves don't have blunt weapons right now, so they need something to get past the pierce armor before they can research magic arrows.
The glorious sun rises again
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Agree with Alexander, anything heavy engoun that can crush bones should have bonus against sceletons for elfs etns, demolishers (will it actually made them useful?) dragons (?), for humans those holy knights with hammers (double bonus, because both crush bones and holy weapons) maybe also axe throwers (and put them in as bulidable), orcs have crushers and giants (maybe besides orc leader and upgrades, since they use sword, but given it's size it's blunt weapon anyway) and axe throwers again, also dragon, for undeads... We can add some hammer sceleton, phantom crusher and maybe fire skull thrower but, doesn't give fire effect, counter part of axe throwers, dwarfs can have hammer warrior and riflemen, Scaledfolks can have dragons and maybe slingers, also turtlemens.
I've ensure every race has an ranged way to deal with sceletons.
Actually it didn't make a lot of sense that bones burn like wood, right?
Also undeads should be immune to posion, yes.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

It doesn't have to be a blunt weapon. It has to be just something that can bash things. And ents do that.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Midonik wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:25 pm anything heavy engoun that can crush bones should have bonus against sceletons for elfs etns, demolishers (will it actually made them useful?) dragons (?), for humans those holy knights with hammers (double bonus, because both crush bones and holy weapons) maybe also axe throwers (and put them in as bulidable), orcs have crushers and giants (maybe besides orc leader and upgrades, since they use sword, but given it's size it's blunt weapon anyway) and axe throwers again, also dragon, for undeads... We can add some hammer sceleton, phantom crusher and maybe fire skull thrower but, doesn't give fire effect, counter part of axe throwers, dwarfs can have hammer warrior and riflemen, Scaledfolks can have dragons and maybe slingers, also turtlemens.
I completely didn't write that, LoA.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Remove poison, yes, remove fire... Probably not the best idea, maybe for some of them...
The undead phantoms can tank defenses with caster support. I've done it! :twisted:
But crushing weapons bonuses, excellent idea, they where the weapons known to be good vs undead.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that the powerbase should help a lot against undeads (a fast archer dealing 8 guaranteed damages is perfect against skeleton infantry units).

Ent warrior bonus might help too but I think it is not such a problem since it is a melee unit anyway, so no problem against high pierce armor.

I understand the dog reference (since in cartoons that's what they seems to love) but it totally unrealistic.

We might create an elven staff fighter that wield a reinforced quarter staff and it is specialized in killing skeletons (even tough it would be cool to make it rising sun)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I really support this one.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

@Alexander82 seriously better put it in or everyone will eat you alive, basing on what's happening on Discord.
Mine suggestion:
Midonik wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:23 pm anything heavy engoun that can crush bones should have bonus against sceletons for elfs etns, demolishers (will it actually made them useful?) dragons (?), for humans those holy knights with hammers (double bonus, because both crush bones and holy weapons) maybe also axe throwers (and put them in as bulidable), orcs have crushers and giants (maybe besides orc leader and upgrades, since they use sword, but given it's size it's blunt weapon anyway) and axe throwers again, also dragon, for undeads... We can add some hammer sceleton, phantom crusher and maybe fire skull thrower but, doesn't give fire effect, counter part of axe throwers, dwarfs can have hammer warrior and riflemen, Scaledfolks can have dragons and maybe slingers, also turtlemens.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I disagree with this still.
Instead of removing something better to add some more hard hitters.

Reason why many players want to remove burning from undeads is that tehy have nearly nothing non-burnable and pretty powerful for training in tc's and graveyards.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Midonik wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:54 pm @Alexander82 seriously better put it in or everyone will eat you alive, basing on what's happening on Discord.
Mine suggestion:
Midonik wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:23 pm anything heavy engoun that can crush bones should have bonus against sceletons for elfs etns, demolishers (will it actually made them useful?) dragons (?), for humans those holy knights with hammers (double bonus, because both crush bones and holy weapons) maybe also axe throwers (and put them in as bulidable), orcs have crushers and giants (maybe besides orc leader and upgrades, since they use sword, but given it's size it's blunt weapon anyway) and axe throwers again, also dragon, for undeads... We can add some hammer sceleton, phantom crusher and maybe fire skull thrower but, doesn't give fire effect, counter part of axe throwers, dwarfs can have hammer warrior and riflemen, Scaledfolks can have dragons and maybe slingers, also turtlemens.
We have Cannibals in are midst
But honestly I'm kinda with makazuwru on this one, maybe add some Undead that can't burn or something and that should fix the problem. E.g. Fire skull thrower (Its literally holding flaming skulls.) And maybe it's counterpart the armoured skeleton, who we could give flame immunity to as well as maybe a flaming weapon. This would solve your problem simply.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Sceletons need more hp (may via tech) and less fire dmg(but should remain)

Adding bonuse to blunts weapons and giants won't help the sceletons position cos some have hight dmg or armor ignore already, making sceletons more vulnerable agains all races - mostly orcs and humans with too many holy units (4 templars - why?!) - double bonus - completely disagree,

etc.

Also removing burning from banshee!!
And adding mid cost ghost (4-5cost. ghost dwarf, wraith, spectre) would help much.

Wither sceleton will be immune to burning.

Some giants too(hopefully get in soon)

And the veil or main race!! healer caster will help a lot.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

What exactly i want about undeads:
1. Exept of skeleton based units all units must be immune to fire and poison.
2. I want to add second set of base units - zombies with weapons and upgrades for them.
Skeletons also will get update.
Skeletons will be more damaging, also with some spell resistance after upgrades.
Zombies will be more tanky without spell resistance and with worse damage.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

You mean with spell resist? Skeletons don't have spell resist and zombies have 100% resist.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Yea I agree with maka also
Don't remove burning just remove poison
( undead shouldn't be affected by poison )
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

That depends on poison tipe and unit.
(yes right now we have only one)

May if get 2 more variants, can remove the current from sceletons.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I mean only current poison.
Newest variants must be discussed each.

For example acid i think must affect skeletons.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Nah. That stats is pretty useless, since it will keep skeletons useless. Listen,

BURNING SKELETONS ARE A TERRIBLE IDEA

First things first
Skeletons are spine of undead army
they are first ones to be made
(of course not only they are flammable)

Fire is the worst enemy
Fire is very overused effect that can very easily destroy barracks towers and mega buildings... so whats happening to undeads then? Stacking burning effect can be multiplied and deal twice or more damage than it already does one burning shot with standard fire duration 5
(need confirmation) will deal 20 damage which is enough to kill most skeletal units

Oh no there comes fireball...
Fireball is also very overused spell
(humans have 3 units with them already)
Its very deadly to buildings and ... undeads fireballs deal (???) damage and additionaly burning effect which is easily enough to kill 9 skeletons with one hit...
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

1. No more bonuses to them. At all.
2. Skeletons must not be ONLY spine of undead army. For that you also have zombies (i am working on some techs for them that will make them even deadlier and fearsome than skellies)

What i want to achieve here is to make zombies as normal spine of undead army and skeletons as support for zombies in terms of damage.
Zombies will become tough walking walls (for their costs) and skellies will become a bit more weak but more powerful units than zombies.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

1. Exactly. A terrible idea also.
2. Stupid. Not only zombies are worse in flavor but it will make undeads ultimately weaker. I mean seriously, splitting basic into 2 groups, ones with higher hp and ones with higher attack. I am completely against this.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I meant only by fire-based units, archer-based units and by fire itself.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - FAQ”