Voter discussion

Sunrise Samurai

Voter discussion

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I'm trying something here, so bear with me. Looking at the votes for the past while, I've noticed a lot of disparate votes with few rallying points. Last week, for example, many of us put our 3rd vote to some form of undead unit, but none of them were really agreed upon. This topic is for discussion on what should be voted on and why. Feel free to campaign for votes. If this works out, we should be able to reach a general consensus on what areas need development and then find the best units and upgrades for the job, rather than 5 votes for similar areas, but none win because nobody agreed on which specific one should make it.

Edit: including a link to the list

Let the campaigns begin!
Last edited by Sunrise Samurai on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The glorious sun rises again
samuelch

Re: Voter discussion

Post by samuelch »

I agree. What do you think we need?
Sunrise Samurai

Not entirely sure. I see that puss in boots has devoted his current votes to orcish stuff, while Lord of Ales seems to want undead to get some help. I'd like to see one of them give a good argument and try to convince me. I'm feeling like humans might need some love right now myself, but I'm very much open to suggestions right now.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

I am going for gryphon rider and inquisitor. I do think human need more stuff.
Sunrise Samurai

So why those particular ones?
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

The reason i vote for undead is because i think they lack some units with new effects(eg.forest skeleton),because the main strategy of undead(vs living) is to kill a bunch of enemy units and then reanimate them.I thought it would be better to have some other strategies than this one,which is currently the only one for them.Some of upgrades are really cool too(eg. Armored undead knight)
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I wanted to vote heavily for goblins because of their most recently discussed ability, they should be able to make more use of it. Otherwise it won't give people a different strategy because if it is not as effective you might still see people spamming ettins, cave trolls, and orc leaders very often.
OLÉ
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Ohhh spamming orc king is a RIP
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Guys, to begin with, every race will have a winner every 4 votes.

Before starting the votes I asked Daniel and we agreed that the amount of new units/techs put in would have been the same.

The only thing that changes is just the voting order and it mostly depends on the race that everyone prefer to use and what he think is most needed (for example the dodge techs for elves won easily since an improvement for elven infantry was needed).

I think it was important to make that clear.
Age of Fantasy design leader
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Thanks for making it clear
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Puss_in_Boots wrote:I wanted to vote heavily for goblins because of their most recently discussed ability, they should be able to make more use of it. Otherwise it won't give people a different strategy because if it is not as effective you might still see people spamming ettins, cave trolls, and orc leaders very often.
I agree
Sunrise Samurai

Good to know. So we're more deciding on the order the races get new stuff here, and then inside that, what that new stuff is.

@ puss: you may have a point. A lot has been suggested for goblins lately, and it provides a whole separate line of play from big unit spamming.

@ LordOfAles: I can understand that.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

about votes I have just asked Alexander too about this:
- Please consider "ACCEPTED" ones as votables, since the rest are the ones i have not yet checked if they even implementable. (to avoid cases if a vote winner can not get in)
- "DISCUSSING" ones are the ones i have seen and found problems or i might have not understand something i need to discuss with Alexander, so dont vote them until gets ACCEPTED.

thanks!
Sunrise Samurai

I'm guessing anything on the list is accepted already?
Sunrise Samurai

New week, new votes. I suppose congratulations are in order for the goblin spearman. Definitely a good bonus for the goblin theme we've been looking to get going. I've noticed playing humans vs orcs against Alexander that humans are a little slower at the early rush for tcs than orcs are, thanks to raptor riders. Compared to elves.....yeah....not even going there. Thus, I would have to say light cavalry is something they desperately need. In undead, I have to say spirit tower is an interesting idea I want to see played out, for it's ability to preserve bone/flesh golems, as well as any skeleton archers you raise.
Sunrise Samurai

So many good options this week. I almost don't know what I want to see most. At least, that would be the case if I didn't see goblin grenade on the list. That should be suitably game changing to be able to use goblins as micro-nukes. Anyone else have any favorites?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I would stick with something that requires few coding.

Lately Daniel has less time and it has still some heavy coding units to put in (e.g. ranger) so we might just stick with something I can easily put my hands on (This is especially true for units that don't require the coding of new spells)
Sunrise Samurai

Okay. Anything you suggest avoiding? I think goblin grenade is only halfway new, being just a reskin of fireball, but some others like treetop archery are actually effects we haven't tried yet.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think treetop archery might be ok since we just make a tech that add +1 to a slot (it is basically something we can do by jsons)
Sunrise Samurai

Am I correct in guessing that spirit tower, although it won last week, might take a while to make it in for this reason? Also do the dodge techs fall subject to that as well? Just wondering if I should expect a delay with those two.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I hope the dodge techs to be faster while the spirit tower will require some coding. Also the ranger is still pending.
Sunrise Samurai

Ok. Wish we had known last week. I would have voted for things easier to put in than spirit tower. Could you please edit the list to include a warning for anything hard to add? Admittedly, dodge techs would probably have been voted in anyway, for the sheer necessity of it.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Isnt vote list a bit outdated?, or is it ok?
Sunrise Samurai

It could use an update. It should be fine for a little while though.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

It is just that between units that need finalization and acceptance the process became a little slower
Sunrise Samurai

Pretty much. I've seen a lot of topics leave off in a place where it's hard to tell if it's ready to vote or not.
Sunrise Samurai

Alexander82 wrote:Ales please stop telling other people what to vote this way...
LordOfAles wrote:Hint: Sunrise started it :)
I think he means we both should have been having it out in here.

My apologies Alexander​, I should have begun that discussion here instead of at the polls.

Anyway.
I should point out that improved shields would help a lot more people in the tournament, as most players are humans. :D
Sunrise Samurai

I have removed my campaigning from the votes topic. LOA could you please do the same.

And everyone, a vote for improved shields with phantom unit pack as the second only nets +1 point for improved shields, not +3 like it should.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Guys no need to worry, the next race to win will be left out from the next vote as always. The one who won't win now can win the next vote.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:I have removed my campaigning from the votes topic. LOA could you please do the same.

And everyone, a vote for improved shields with phantom unit pack as the second only nets +1 point for improved shields, not +3 like it should.
I would like to buut...too late :?

Return to “Archived - Other”