how do u like dragons orign campaign? :)

Skelegonsans

how do u like dragons orign campaign? :)

Post by Skelegonsans »

For those who don't know, i made it. I really wanna know what everyone thinks about plot, gameplay, difficulty, etc. Oh, also pls tell me if u find any bugs.
I hope u like it, i put a lot of effort in it! :)
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
samuelch

Re: how do u like dragons orign campaign? :)

Post by samuelch »

Interesting story and the levels are moderate. Very good :) .
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Its not bad or good, its in between.
Epic Gamer Moment!
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Amazing Missions Nice Map!
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

:D thx!
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Constantin

Post by Constantin »

Very good campaign!In this campaign, a lot of missions and it's good! :) :D But at 10 the map is impossible to win in three stars behind 7 turns.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

No its not, the map turn limit for 3 stars fit exactaly the turn when the map ends, so any player that completes the map automatically gets 3 stars. I played it as soon as it was ready and got 3 stars... maybe theres a bug in the triggers?
Anyways, ill check it out
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I just played it again and got 3 stars. The map ends exactaly at turn 6. Is it ending in turn 7 for u?
Wormtongue

Post by Wormtongue »

Hi creator,
I cannot produce any units in the first two maps so i cannot win them.
Production and tech lines in all the huts oft both maps are empty - maybe a nasty bug that only affects my jelly bean tablet? for no one else reported that problem and i got several weird little bugs like that with AoF -quite the opposite of AoS, which runs perfect.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

You need to unlock humans dragon to produce it.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

@Midonik Yes after that you will be able to produce dragons but needs a extra turns so It will be hard to get a 3 Star by the Turns
Wormtongue

Post by Wormtongue »

thx for the quick answer - haven´t got that update yet, so I first have to farm some descent gems :oops:
Wormtongue

Post by Wormtongue »

thx for the very witty campaign - I like it basically. Very creative maps, tasks, unit-selection and really unique!!!

But just for me Its a little too fussy, because of two small problems (just a matter of opinion of course):

1. It seems to me, that the range of the dragon fireball explosion differs. I may be wrong, but I tried so hard to keep distance, but the fireball range itself is very short so I often struck my own men, even if they stand two or even three fields away.

2. That childish king I have to protect is surely suffering from ADHS. He always runs directly in the fattest crowd of enemies, where he gets killed quickly. If he just would do nothing, the maps were quite easier. Now my only task in some maps is to stop and guard him or run after him with all my men to prevent that the king of fools jumps into the abyss.

In the consequence I constantly loose either because of that bloody idiot or because of my own fireballs.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Wormtongue wrote:thx for the very witty campaign - I like it basically. Very creative maps, tasks, unit-selection and really unique!!!

But just for me Its a little too fussy, because of two small problems (just a matter of opinion of course):

1. It seems to me, that the range of the dragon fireball explosion differs. I may be wrong, but I tried so hard to keep distance, but the fireball range itself is very short so I often struck my own men, even if they stand two or even three fields away
Dragons fireballs got 3 range and arena of attack. I use it like stupid just see how they destroy opponents units. Thats for what I like this campaing. ;)
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

1- Indeed, the short range of the fireball IS a problem. The only way around that is careful aiming and positioning of the dragons. ;)

2- :lol: Yeah... when i tested the maps before publishing, i noticed this problem... i wanted to make his speed 0 or 1, but it would be a bit weird, so i put it at 2... unfortunately he is quite idiot and throws himself in the biggest group of enemies he can spot. Im afraid there is no way around that, sorry. My only advice is to always make sure to have a few dragons around him to avoid having him suicide. :lol:
Wormtongue

Post by Wormtongue »

Skelegonsans wrote:1- Indeed, the short range of the fireball IS a problem. The only way around that is careful aiming and positioning of the dragons. ;)

2- :lol: Yeah... when i tested the maps before publishing, i noticed this problem... i wanted to make his speed 0 or 1, but it would be a bit weird, so i put it at 2... unfortunately he is quite idiot and throws himself in the biggest group of enemies he can spot. Im afraid there is no way around that, sorry. My only advice is to always make sure to have a few dragons around him to avoid having him suicide. :lol:
the problem is, that sometimes I can´t place any units beside him, cause he is surrounded by his own troops - and they move forward as a block to confront the enemy. But because these kings troops are so weak, the enemy can kill them and surround the king of idiots (or "King Trump", as I used to call him ) very quickly. Because of the mentioned fireball-distance-problems I am not able to free or protect Trump without hurting him or his men. So the tactic is sometimes, to kill the kings men by myself with some fireballs before I can place my troops around him and hopefully before he is dead. But thats very difficult, mostly Trump is vaporized before I get in contact with him.

An easy solution might be to position Trump with some more distance to the enemy troops so that he needs more turns to shout "horray" and commit suicide - or alternatively place more of his troops in front of him and not behind him, so that they block him in some way to storm forward? Another method might be to place some obstacles in the direct line between Trump and the enemy to slow him a bit down. For example some little wall-pieces, trees or mountains placed just before him might do the trick.
Or give one of my units some kind of a friendly freeze-spell, so I can stop Trump temporarily - wish I could do that in reality . :mrgreen:
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

:lol: ok, i will see if i can change the maps where King Trump is to make him less annoying ;)
The main solution i'm thinking of is to make him WAY more powerful (but keep his speed at 2!). That way, he will be the opposite of a bother: he will be a big help (which was actually the first plan :mrgreen: )
Vaknuva

Post by Vaknuva »

Hello everyone, I recently beat the first level in this campaign, got 1 star.

Oh yeah, and I did it WITHOUT REINFORCEMENTS. :mrgreen:

Yes you read that right, I won the first level with only the 3 dragons I was given! :lol:
Basically I split them into 2 groups:
Easternmost dragon I sent to the lesser base
Remaining 2 launched their assault on the main base.
Fireball into the middle of the camp took out most of their buildings :twisted: , then spent many, many turns fighting orcs for town centers.
And all 3 dragons survived :D .
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

bravo...
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

You, my friend, are a genious. :geek:
(or maybe I'm just too stupid to realize that was a choice-)
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I got 3 Stars on all of the dragons origin campaigns.

Use shock & awe combined with gurella tactics.
It works out for me!

Can do with or without Reinforcements.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I've been gone from the AoS community for a while, but now that I'm back Imma start working on this campaign again. ;)
I don't have the old maps tho... so fixes are basically impossible at this point unless I get them back somehow.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

You can ask Daniel (now he us Stratego,did you notice?) to make you able to edit maps that are in game thought.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Oh, alright then. I guess I'll check old maps before making new ones. (and yeah, I noticed)
But I guess I'll stick mostly to playing rather than editing for now, both because I miss playing this game and because I've forgotten some things about the gameplay. Not that I was ever a good player anyway. :mrgreen:
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It could be worked on a bit, but it's not the worst for dialogue or plot points. All you missing is the love triangle and irredeemable villains who wish nothing but the destruction of the human race. Okay not really it's better than nothing.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I would say your story is the best one so far out of the rest.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Woa, thanks for that! I focused more on the story than the gameplay TBH. :,)
But it's really cool to shower fireballs down on a horde of orcs, don'tcha think? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Archived - Other”