Tactical Pen and Paper style gameplay

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
Longinus

Tactical Pen and Paper style gameplay

Post by Longinus »

It is a one-map level in a game where RPG-like mechanics are applied. There are quests, dungeons, towns, normal people, etc done can be made through triggers. Im gonna need more map tileset and villager units so i sent an email to Enterbrain to borrow their village and dungeon tilesets but they didnt reply yet. Its gonna need a lot of time to finish the triggers and events in this level. If there will be a category in the game "SRPG", i would gladly volunteer to make some rpg levels. Usually rpgs are mostly fantasy but this style can also be implented to other versions.

A few suggestions:

-a trigger that disables a structure to produce units and technologies but can still be entered and heal units like churches and TCs.
-a trigger that allows teleportation from one map to another (this way, i wont make a very big map and dungeon maps are separated from the main map)
-currency system
-level-up system ( my lord units can have upto 100 level ups, regular ones can only reach 60)
-same units but can have different stats.
-unit-recruitment (do a task for a person and he/she will join, but this can be done with triggers that creates units)
-a spawn-system where a unit or groups of units has a chance to spawn per turn. This would make a great in-game rpg event like THE GOBLIN INVASION, DRAGON RAMPAGE, etc then disappears after a number of turns. If units or the main boss of the event is killed, it will disappear and never return again)
-a take-note system that appears with the "show information" trigger. This way players will remember or take note of their current quests. A note panel will also be added that can be viewed anytime and inside it is the current quest or objective. If an objective is done, the note about the objective will be erased in the Note Panel.
-if its possible to cnstantly change the map with each update without affecting the player's progress, then i can create more dungeons each update, each with unique units aquired and gem prizes.
-i would also plan to make the map level endless if possible.
-with currency system, Reviving a dead character can be done.
-if possible, i could put an arena in the level where your characters can fight another player's characters. Prizes will usually be a new unique unit or gems.
-in this map, there will be a gem shop. Gems can be used to purchase upgrades for the Lord Units only (regular ones can be upgraded in the blacksmith)
-upgrading in the blacksmith will also cost coins.
-coins are obtained as prizes, rewards or enemy drops.

Notes:
-the main characters are the Lord units and if all of them die, its game over and u have to start ALL over again
-the map tiles are Not revealed except for some parts like villages.

Just some suggestions :) if something is confusing, i could explain with more details.
SLIT!
Im'maKiRk
Longinus

Re: Tactical Pen and Paper style gameplay

Post by Longinus »

And another thing...

If possible, a party system, where players can have any insane amount of units but can only use 10 each time and the rest are kept in some tavern in a village. One can also dismiss a unit.
SLIT!
Im'maKiRk
balint

Re: Tactical Pen and Paper style gameplay

Post by balint »

I like the idea. Some of the mentioned triggers are already implemented in AoS.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”