The Emperor Dragon, Cold Steel

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
Puss_in_Boots

The Emperor Dragon, Cold Steel

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I published this new map, and I assume it's on dev version right now. I would really appreciate if you tested it, and gave some feedback on it.

Story:
It is about civilizations becoming starved and they have to take very desperate measures for food. These civilizations used to aggressively fight the undead like brothers. The Emperor Dragon was also very hateful towards the undead, and he did the best he could to make them weak, to make them miserable, and to make them wither away slowly. The undead were miserable, and they were dying out.
The Emperor Dragon's son, Arsony Darth, was the Keeper of hell. His father had him suffer a life in Hell only because he looked like an undead and seemed to show favor to the undead. The original keeper of Hell, Serrath Gordon, was his torturer, but he was quickly able to take him out and became the new warden of Hell as a young child. He was compact, but very fast and intelligent. He received the nickname, "The Overthrower," and was very well respected by his undead prisoners.
The undeads got the idea of using him to improve the lives of themselves their fellow undeads who rose above ground. Darth liked this plan, he got to help out his only friends and get a well deserved vengeance on his father. Darth' s plan was to drag out the battle to tire out his aged father. This battle plan worked, and then he killed every other Dragon that may get in the way, however some were able to avoid their deaths.
The Dragon them sets out a plan to reward the undeads for their unwieldy support. This plan was to kill off every thing that isn't undead (even the trees). Then this plan caused the starvation of all civilizations of every race.

Sorry for spelling errors, it's hard for me typing this on a phone.

I need to know if the story sounds good, the gameplay is fun, or if it even has potential for a storyline (not that I have plans to make one), Thanks!
OLÉ
Puss_in_Boots

Re: The Emperor Dragon, Cold Steel

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Kinda forgot to post this a little earlier:
This map has been tested thanks to TamTam12345

I will take your tips into consideration when constructing future, and current maps.

Thank you!

If there was something I would change in the story, it would be the repetitive council thing that adds nothing to the story. :P
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

very nice map! i suggest fixes on terrain , see on my sample image the snow-cliff borders are a bit obfuscated by a few decoration tiles, also the cliff-grass part is made smooth blending (by turnin off autotiling and placing there tiles manually)
Attachments
ssmini.png
ssmini.png (169.44 KiB) Viewed 3104 times
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Ah, alright thanks Daniel,
I will be more careful next time with my maps, but I do not remember puting those decorations in...

(Did you put those decorations in? They don't look very nice, at least not in such quantity).
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

no they are not in.
i just suggested you to do something similat, there is too much edgy tiles - so needs some smoothing.
so please, and resend me the map
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Okay, I shall redo it, and make some modifications to the triggering.
OLÉ

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”