Molten Stone/Lava

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Molten Stone/Lava

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, so the other netherworld topic made me post this. :)

I think a molten rock and lava terrain would actually be very cool for age of fantasy map makers. Molten rock could be a simple broken rock texture, blackened and with red hot seams in it. Most flesh and blood units that end their move on molten rock suffer some damage, wood units suffer catching on fire, but you can run over it without harm.

Lava is just impassible, but looks cool, especially for some campaign maps. I will whip up some images today. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Molten Stone/Lava

Post by DoomCarrot »

Here is the idea for molten rock. Don't know if this is how I'm supposed to make tiles, so I just altered a few mats.

Imagescreen capture tool

Imageimage upload no registration

Imagetake a screenshot

Imagefree image host
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

good concept, when the images are ready i will put it in - tell me when - thanks.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Are the above images ok? If not, what is wrong with them? I will work on a lava image later, because I'm not really sure how to do it.... :)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

they are good for startets, now they seems a bit not natural, maybe some blurring - i dont know, coolguy might have some ideas. thanks!
(i want to put all new terrains to both AOS and AOF - as they can be are on same terraincollection)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, I'll try to work on them some more later to make it look more realistic. Also, I think this would be nice in AoS as well. :)

EDIT: I tried to darken it to make it look more realistic, but I do not like how it came out, so I only did one of the mats. Is this as bad as I think it is?

Imageupload a picture
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i like it, and i would like to put it in.
do you want to do any of these?
a) editing the tileset image by putting them in nicely - i can give hints.
b) also setting the json for the tiles - i can help you in learning it.
c) also setting the json for the autotiling - i can help you in learning it.

?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, I just left for a 5 week trip and I have no access to the computer I did this on, so I have no way of doing the other mats/adding them to the tileset image. However, I will try to do it when I get back.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok! cool!

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”