Neutral 'Barracks' - Mercenary - adventurer's guild MERGED

Here talk about units and structures.
IMPORTANT!: Every unit type and structure type should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new unit idea than open a new topic for it!
dust-n-steel

Neutral 'Barracks' - Mercenary - adventurer's guild MERGED

Post by dust-n-steel »

Let's add some random spawning barracks for recruiting units from 'neutral' races in the game. The player who captures the building is able to recruit (like in the TCs).
This feature should be enable in the 'new game' settings.

I would suggest following neutral races with 2 for each:

The Natives:
Special Building: Tent
Special Units: native american like units with special wood-and-trap abilities
The Sect:
Special Building: Burned Church
Special Units: a dark magic damage dealer and a unit with a special hide abilitie
The Barbarians:
Special Building: Longhouse
Special Units: Wiking-like
What color is your flag when it's burning?!
patroid

Re: Neutral 'Barracks'

Post by patroid »

To be true i love the idea.
But ot should also be unaktivateable.

Patroid
balint

Post by balint »

barbarians
maybe mead-hall <-viking barbarians
maybe tent camp <-nomad barbarians
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
dust-n-steel

Post by dust-n-steel »

Better the nomads as 4th idea :)
What color is your flag when it's burning?!
balint

Post by balint »

then the unit would ve a horse archer, or a light raider
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
The Pendulum

Post by The Pendulum »

I strongly dislike this idea; though, I'd be ok with it as long as it were de-activatable.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

These barracks should be somthing like a modified tc (Where you can realize only some units) and you shouldn't be able to destroy it

I would also suggest that structure to be not random, but they should be placed there from builders (if they mean to use it)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

From the idea i VERY like the new kind of TC-s, what work exactly like TC-s, but they have different units to build (maybe only restricts, or merges other factory unit types: like a special TC that is a TC but also can build castle units, or a stable+archery range combination and so on)

if u also like these ideas please drop images for them and they can be easily implemented!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

This might work like the mercs from warcraft.
Let's say you are playing with a human race and you conquer an "horde mercenaries headquarter" you might have the chance to "recruit" orcs, goblin, gnoll, bugbears, trolls... special units (different from basic units for both stats and look).
If an elven player conquer the same headquarter he will produce the same unit that the human player produced there.

We might also think about a series of these buildings.

Unique units building:
Horde mercs HQ: recruit orcs, goblins and such special units
Church of the holy order: Recruit Mostly human paladins (we might use the crusaders units reskins) some elven knight, dwarven priests and templars ecc
Catacombs: You can recruit special undeads, mummies, human necromancers, elven dark priests, bad people :D
Tavern of the adventurers: you might recruit here dwarven badass warriors, human fighters, thieves, elven sword dancers, some strong mages, ecc...

Mixed buildings:
Military camp: You can recruit unit from your basic military factories (i.e. stables, barracks, archery range you are human)
Tower of magic: You can recruit a selection of magic units from your race
Master Workshop: You can research any tech and build siege weapons and, if near water, naval units of your race
Citadel: You can recruit here any unit of your race
Last edited by Alexander82 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Interesting idea to have these give the same units to anyone, though it gives me another idea too. The starting TC for each player is determined by race, and produces any unit that doesn't require a castle for that particular race, regardless of the race that owns it later. Example: orc player captures human starting TC, gets rewarded by being able to make mages, catapults, ornithoptors, archers, or any other basic human unit there. This gives obvious benefits to defend and capture starting locations, as they are much more valuable than normal TCs.
The glorious sun rises again
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Interesting idea to have these give the same units to anyone, though it gives me another idea too. The starting TC for each player is determined by race, and produces any unit that doesn't require a castle for that particular race, regardless of the race that owns it later. Example: orc player captures human starting TC, gets rewarded by being able to make mages, catapults, ornithoptors, archers, or any other basic human unit there. This gives obvious benefits to defend and capture starting locations, as they are much more valuable than normal TCs.
that reminds me of "heroes of might and magic"
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Yes it does, but I doubt we will be sprinkling ways to produce every type of unit into as easy access as that. Most TCs would still be TCs, producing units based on the owning player.
The glorious sun rises again
The Pendulum

Post by The Pendulum »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:From the idea i VERY like the new kind of TC-s, what work exactly like TC-s, but they have different units to build (maybe only restricts, or merges other factory unit types: like a special TC that is a TC but also can build castle units, or a stable+archery range combination and so on)

if u also like these ideas please drop images for them and they can be easily implemented!
Images for..factory combinations like a stable & archer range together? Or what samurai suggested with human/elven/orcish starting TCs?
The Pendulum

Post by The Pendulum »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Interesting idea to have these give the same units to anyone, though it gives me another idea too. The starting TC for each player is determined by race, and produces any unit that doesn't require a castle for that particular race, regardless of the race that owns it later. Example: orc player captures human starting TC, gets rewarded by being able to make mages, catapults, ornithoptors, archers, or any other basic human unit there. This gives obvious benefits to defend and capture starting locations, as they are much more valuable than normal TCs.
I LOVE this idea; i strongly dislike the mercenary camps idea. Would still prefer checkboxes to enable/disable either.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

here i am no sure: i think an orc race should not "train" elf units...
Calibear

Post by Calibear »

Yeah, Admin is right from here. It is not to be racist but we need the "race barrier". We can't put races together but instead we can put allies. I would like to prefer the mercernary building though. Even in other games or stories, we can't put humans with undead. Same goes with elves and orcs. Unless its Shrek...
Strategy...Strategy.. I want your strategy! Wait, did you just only used tactics!?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think we should stick with the mercenaries idea. We might also add a cooldown for recruiting a certain merc.
The tavern could also be a good way to use the extra arts we produce for the game but it's not accepted as a standard unit because it overlaps with existing units or don't stick well with the normal "flavor" of the canonical races
Let's say we can put here the renegade dark elf, the elven assassins, DWARVES, a human necromancer, goblin thinkers (that might be able to build special buildings or siege units), an orc paladin who wants tho show his honor, and so on...
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

This is a first merc: Orc Templar
Found during an attack to an orc village, he has been raised by a templar and show no less honor than any other human templar. He wander for the land to show his valor to his comrades

He should be stronger and with much more hp than a normal templar. He should be affected from orc skinn skill but not from weapon poisoning (wich his a disonorable act)
I'd give him some sort of rage ability that makes him hit more enemies at once (also thanks to his bigger sword)
Attachments
Orc Templar.png
Orc Templar.png (20.9 KiB) Viewed 17021 times
Last edited by Alexander82 on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

here is a dark elf:
Exiled from the underworld, this dark elv is trying to set a new life in a world that hates his kind

It has a melee attack and have an ability to throw his knives
Attachments
Dark Elf.png
Dark Elf.png (20.4 KiB) Viewed 17008 times
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

A maged that has been kicked out from the academy of magic cause of his studies of the dark arts. Now seek to improve his knowledge of dark magic and is willing to lend his services for the right price.

That unit should have a mix of abilities of a human mage and a lich, he should be able to summon skeletons and ghosts. He should also have the skill to sacrifice friendly units to recover his health
Attachments
Necromancer.png
Necromancer.png (20.84 KiB) Viewed 17007 times
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Raised in a druidic circle he learned how to control the nature's will. He now lives as a keeper of the balance between the different races and nature itself

He should have a mix of ability from a mage a cleric and a elven druid, he might be able to summon ents (or to transform into an ent and then revert back to its original form), heal with his healing herbs and magic, or give a regenerating status (heal over time)
Attachments
Human Druid.png
Human Druid.png (20.97 KiB) Viewed 17006 times
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I loved the whole idea and alex's images . But some abilities and concepts do need more 'improvements'
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yes, let's support the idea, if we need to work on it, let's do it :)
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ill do the stats. How about 2 more units- centaurs and minotaurs In new structure 'caves'? sane logic as previous ones
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Nice idea
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Here is a centaur.

It should be a very fast horse archer with double (or triple) attack
Attachments
Centaur.png
Centaur.png (20.63 KiB) Viewed 16987 times
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Here is a minotaur
Attachments
Minotaur.png
Minotaur.png (21.6 KiB) Viewed 16986 times
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Super cool. But why cant we make a centaur do both- use either a bow or a sword? Actually there is already a centaur like unit with poison arrows so i was suggesting that the centaur have a broad long sword

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

In that varian he has both a sword and a bow, and he might switch in both stances.
I've made both images for when the centaur is in sword stance and for when is in bow stance
Attachments
Centaur Archer.png
Centaur Archer.png (21.2 KiB) Viewed 16974 times
Centaur Swordman.png
Centaur Swordman.png (21.96 KiB) Viewed 16974 times
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

The sword one kinda looks messy and conjusted. Try to loosen him a bit. Otherwise he is perfect

Return to “Units & Structures (See Races for accepted Unit Races)”