Kobra king

Post by ethanking5 »

Cost 9
Hp 42
Attack 8
Speed 3
Sight 4
Recruitment: tc
Special abitities: consume another skaledfolk and gain half it's stats 4 turn cooldown, frenzy: must attack each turn or lose hp
Embrace the darkness
ethanking5

Re: Kobra king

Post by ethanking5 »

I'm thinking like the king cobra cause it eats other snakes and maybe a dark brown color but I haven't decided on a weapon yet any ideas
Embrace the darkness
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Not bad ideas for spell abilities, but how long does consume last? Permanent or temporary buff that can only be used until the timer is over? Also which stats does it take half of?
OLÉ
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I think it is not possible currently to make ability that gives +stats from eaten unit and basing on them.

It will require big core changes for this so instead i suggest to improve stats of this unit (attack and action/turn amount, i suggest 12 attack and 2 actions) and as for ability to give for 3 turns +50% to attack, 30% of max hp heal and some dodges. Cooldown of abikity must be 5 or 6 turns.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

we can give effect based on damage amount or based on kill and not remember what else - see the modding section for more info

eg. if it has an attack of 30 and target unit is hp=23 than target will be killed and the attacker can have +23 in its abilities if u like, eg: power.
but this is a permanent addition not an effect that can vanish - see how veteraning effect works on ork helmsmaster.

------------

oh i just see we talk about sacrifice not attack, for this we have Lich's "hell of pain by sacrifice"
that inflicts a damabe based on sacrifices unit HP using SACRIFICE_HP_AMOUNT in speccost (or SACRIFICE_POWER_AMOUNT)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

The thing, @Stratego (dev), is that you sacrifice allied unit and gain (in initial variant) temporary some stats of sacrificed unit (for example 50% of sacrifice's attack and max hp which is added to unit's stats).

The problems here are 3:
1. It is not attacking spell;
2. Range of sacrifices could vary between scout bird (2 hp, 2 attack which results in +1 max hp and +1 attack buff) and olog hai (140 hp, 40 attack which results in +70 max hp and +20 attack buff in my example) — we don't have yet varying effects. Only effects with preset unchangeable stats;
3. Buff is temporary, so they must vanish after.

I think it is not possible to make such ability currently.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
ethanking5

Post by ethanking5 »

What if instead of gaining 50 percent of allies stats when he consumes Ally gains 50 percent of own stats for 2-3 turns how's that sound better
Embrace the darkness
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:55 am The thing, @Stratego (dev), is that you sacrifice allied unit and gain (in initial variant) temporary some stats of sacrificed unit (for example 50% of sacrifice's attack and max hp which is added to unit's stats).

The problems here are 3:
1. It is not attacking spell;
2. Range of sacrifices could vary between scout bird (2 hp, 2 attack which results in +1 max hp and +1 attack buff) and olog hai (140 hp, 40 attack which results in +70 max hp and +20 attack buff in my example) — we don't have yet varying effects. Only effects with preset unchangeable stats;
3. Buff is temporary, so they must vanish after.

I think it is not possible to make such ability currently.
as i wrote we have such effect
a) with one time effect (no vanishing - will remain) - this surely works.
b) also we can set to be an enchantment with vanishing - but this need to be tried - please a modder try it.

so i think both can work.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

So buffing caster itself when sacrificing allied unit by some % of sacrifice's stats is possible, right?
@Stratego (dev)?

Oh. And by the way.
Did you receive another mail with map from me?
And also, your turn in our game.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes, possible.

i go check the rest, sorry, i am on holiday so i have limited time to so things.
ethanking5

Post by ethanking5 »

So does it work
Embrace the darkness

Return to “Archived - Units and Buildings - General Forum”