Money Courier Revamp?

Dagravian

Money Courier Revamp?

Post by Dagravian »

So i had noticed one thing... I don't see people using the "Money Courier" on the AoF really often on the matches (at least i don't use it...), so i thought about a revamp on it to be more useful, also why we don't make one Money Courier for each race? I searched for something that could fit all the races and i think the answer would be a "Treasure Transport" or a "Supply Transport"! (Using the transport unit as base, it would not carry units, but would make the money courier role... The image could be a transport filled with treasures/weapons/food/gold/corpses... and ofc, one for each race!)

But also in order to make this unit more effective in battle, the Treasure/Supply Transport WILL ONLY BE SPAWNABLE through a special unit and the summon will be diferent for each race. But as any other spawnable, it would vanish after 2 or 3 turns.

Here my sugestions:

Alladin - for humans (Jinn/genius/genie/gênio???... Dunno how the lamp guy is called on english so Alladin for short)
A guy that flies on a magic carpet and make your wishes come true (or no)
he could spawn it from a set amount of time! (every 3 or 4 rounds) or by sacrifice one allied unit (still thinking wich could fit)...

Treasure goblin - for orcs
For each kill made by this goblin, it spawns a transport

Elf alchemist - for elves
He can transform through alchemy the dead corpses in gold! (one treasure transport for each 2 or 3 corpses, but instant cooldown)

Golden Skeleton - for undead
He can revive corpses as undead transport - something like zombie reaper, but instead of zombie, he spawns the transport (2~3 rounds cooldown)

As always, leave what do you think about :)
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Alexander82

Re: Money Courier Revamp?

Post by Alexander82 »

I like the idea of revamping the courier. I would make different rules for races not necessarily tied to a unit. For example orcs mighy "raze" cities, so when they conquer a tc or destroy a building they might earn their courier.

Undeads should aim at the souls and bodies od the living (well... They already raise the deads) and might have the chance to obtain couriers from corpses in some way.

Elves might do something more nature related (like a unit that might generate couriers from forests or something similar)

Humans might make couriers the old way or with markets (we might need 2 markets and a caravan that gives couriers based on distance)
Age of Fantasy design leader
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

How about rogue for humans?
1st:
Rogue can steal from enemy or neutral tc to add 1 turn to the product that the tc create. Rogue becomes a rogue with bounty after stealing that can be send to your tcs as money courier, but the rogue will not be consumed and return to normal.
2nd:
Rogue need to be adjacent to a unit and use the ability called "do quest" with cooldown of 3 turns. The unit adjacent to the rogue will transform into a money courier.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Alexander82 wrote:Humans might make couriers the old way or with markets (we might need 2 markets and a caravan that gives couriers based on distance)
My initial idea for this was to receive them as battle rewards (capturing TC, killing units and buildings...), but when you think on different rules for each race, you do become tied to an unit (or some). For humans i don't think if we keep producing them would change anything... I mean a grafical change would not make it more useful from what we have now, so the way of how it can be obtained must change. Also i don't think that market idea would work on that way (at least on AOF, but can be really good on AOS as a team play building...). We would have to spend 2 building slots just to grab the couriers... Maybe if it gives some free couriers every 2 or 3 turns for each TC do you own on its range and allows us to hire bounty hunters or if it allows us to produce something to capture the dead corpses with some kind of transport or a colector and trade these corpses for couriers or other bounty hunter units on the market. But again we would be tied to a few units to make it.
samuelch wrote:How about rogue for humans?
I liked the first idea for him, it sounds like a rewarded version of the sabotage from the Assassin without consuming him.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I like the idea of free couriers from market. Like a 3 turn worth courier every 2 turns (this way it would be worth making markets)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

My idea:
it could be building let's call it supply center there they will be generated
you can fill wagon or boat with supplies and then transport them to recruit building
Im not coming. Im impending

Return to “Archived - Units and Buildings - General Forum”