Power-ups

whoisyourdaddy

Power-ups

Post by whoisyourdaddy »

Hey, new to the forum here (been playing AOS for awhile already though). So i was thing of creating a RPG map for AOF but i realized i didnt have any reward to offer for killing stuff which led me to the idea of power-ups. Basically power-ups are items on the ground that offer bonuses to any unit that picks it up. Examples:

Essence of agility:
A unit that picks it up gains +1 movement square for 3 turns (or permanently, we could implement both permanent and temporary power-ups if possible)

Essence of rage:
A unit that picks it up gains +2 attack power [for 3 turns](temporary/permanent)

Essence of defence:
A unit that picks it up gains +1 armor [for 3 turns]

So basically any unit that steps on a square with a essence on it becomes a "level-up" version of the orignal unit. This creates ideas for new maps e.g 1 powered-up unit vs a whole army or more strategic options. Also these essences can be created by any race by

Alchemy Lab (structure, 5 turns to build)
Creates essences that randomly drop around this building and can be picked up by any unit (essences produced are only temporary and take 2 turns to create)
whoisyourdaddy

Re: Power-ups

Post by whoisyourdaddy »

Interested in knowing what the devs think of this idea since i would really like for this to be implemented. It can create lots of new strategy oppurtunities imo
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Power-ups

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sounds nice to me specially for campaign maps (not on random and multiplayer maps)

Return to “Archived - Units and Buildings - General Forum”