Unit Compilations: What we have currently?

The Pendulum

Unit Compilations: What we have currently?

Post by The Pendulum »

I noticed in the introduction page, you have a compilation of many units, armors, and general designs that you've been using for AOS and AOF, and I was wondering if anyone might be able to upload any compilations of the current units (and their alterations from their original designs, if any) in the game (namely for the Elves) so that I could have something to "physically" work off of on the computer.

I have an extremely limited artistic ability, and while I'm confident with enough practice, I would be able to replicate the Elves in the game (for a new unit idea I'd like to suggest) I think it would be better (for my own time, as well as for the style of the game currently) if I could have (even just a couple) units to work with as a base. I'm not looking to rip anyone off or anything, truly, I just want the Elf I create to look like what y'all have created.

I tried searching for current unit compilations, and couldnt find any. If ive missed a post somewhere showcasing them, my mistake. Thanks in advance!

Also, when creating a new image (Im using Gimp 2.8), I read somewhere the size limit is 32 x 32, is that the total max size, as in from border to border? Sorry for all the newbie questions, just trying to make sure I do this right. I've clearly never done this before, but these games have made me want to try at least.

Edit 2: Also, I noticed after making my own (not quite completed) creation, that the outlines for the design look quite shallow; when you all create your own designs, do you "double down" on the borders to accentuate them in the game (since we're so zoomed out in comparison to the size of the image)?

Regards,

Chris
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Unit Compilations: What we have currently?

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i can send u all images we have - please email me asking it- thanks.

32x32: no, it can be 32x64 like a fortress in AOS, or bigger like the great castle what is 96x96, and can be 64x64 too (we dont have such yet) these are the common sizings that is bigger than 32x32

outline: i did not get the question.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Outline: no, the black contour should only be 1 pixel thick. It is simply to contrast between the unit and background.

There is a 64x64 in SWS, and also a 64x64 boss unit in AoS. :D

Daniel: actually I have sent them to him already. :)
Thanks!
Josh
The Pendulum

Post by The Pendulum »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:i can send u all images we have - please email me asking it- thanks.

32x32: no, it can be 32x64 like a fortress in AOS, or bigger like the great castle what is 96x96, and can be 64x64 too (we dont have such yet) these are the common sizings that is bigger than 32x32

outline: i did not get the question.
Sorry, I "fixed" my outline problem. By outline, i was referring to the border of units. It was just my first attempt, so everything still looked quite strange. Got it all sorted out now though! Thanks!

Return to “Archived - Units and Buildings - General Forum”