Dwarf concept

Tankhead

Dwarf concept

Post by Tankhead »

Something needs to change with dwarves concept wise.

Dwarves have been downgraded in this fantasy for some odd reason majorly and you can't even give ideas Out to what that usually have because
"Its too advance".
Then you think outside the box its "too weird"

For some reason we keep throwing anything good that dwarves normally have towards dwarves to gnomes but lets get real
1) other subs aren't getting in until balance to main races and at no point has that ever happen even with the 4 main races. In afterwords subs aren't getting in for some years especially at the pace everything going

2) Dwarves have been weak for a literal year
(Like wtf is that???)
They are even weaker than undeads
Atleast undeads have that stupid dragon spam tactic that eventually beats dwarves 1 v 1.
Only time dwarves ever been strong is when they were out the first month because dwarven units weren't on the bonus list

3) no priority to them at all.
I feel its just me and honestly feel like im talking to thin air when speaking on this matter.

I ask to reconsider dwarves to either
- give them so of their usual advancements
( guns, golems, automations )
Or
- start thinking of our own concept if dwarves

Cause the stuff happening now ridiculous
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Midonik

Re: Dwarf concept

Post by Midonik »

Didn't Alex want to like completely revamp that? Cause well dwarves are screwed up completely (why the heck they are rushing towers race they were supposed to be slow but very strong or something like this).
The reason they are kinda ignored is that two new races came out in a short period of time and this race was a bit more decent than scaledfolks that were so op so focus went to them...
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Alex wants a full revamp on dwarves cause they are gonna have similar upgrade system like humans only difference dwarves will have runes system too, which means alot of stats figuring out

- Unit tier upgrades
- Blacksmith
- Runesmith

Mithrils will no longer be elites due to the fact basic units are mithrils already

Dwarven Defender will have expansion and will be new elites

Dwarves that wield axe weapons will have the ability to throw axe with CD ( research required )

This is all I know but I honestly don't wanna go another year with them beta and trash.
Also doesn't explain what units to suggest for them since everything keeps getting rejected normally for them
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

I also really hope people put in their input this time.
And on the side note its kinda annoying to see races that are doing well get love and attention
( Orcs, humans, Elves )
While others are progressively getting worse and left behind
( dwarves, Undeads )

Idk how many times I see the word balance and the first thing im thinking of is this.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

About undeads alex likes my ideas of expansion for death knights and monster skeletons.

We need now for them images and jsoning to get implemented (few additional abilities as well).

About dwarves:
1. Moderate cannons (in terms of size) and hand guns (exept of shotguns, too modern).
2. More infantry types. I for example would like to see basic shielder unit for dwarves with high armor and p.armor for a bit reduced damage and higher cost.
3. I have suggested several gunpowder units and several melee units which need better images and json. Just bump them.
4. More explosives. Maybe dwarves are a bit limited at usage of gunpowder for range but they can use it for mines, gunpowder barrels, grenades, burning oil...

They are still most advanced race so just think out of the box.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Guys I'm opening another topic so I'm locking that one.
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Subraces”