Scammer/Cheater

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
Ravancloak

Scammer/Cheater

Post by Ravancloak »

A player promised 999,999,999 gems if I gave them my multiplayer password. Said something about going into gem settings? Any way I see it, we either have a scammer or a cheater.
**EDIT** Said player will "use 3rd party program utilizing [their] rooted phone to modify the game settings to change gem count." I will provide player's username on request.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Scammer/Cheater

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please tell me username, also tell him i to contact me about it to tell me how he does it.
Ravancloak

Post by Ravancloak »

BossDaddy is the username. I'll ask them to tell you how
A new age will dawn. Ravens will be the herald angels, the stars will shine cold, for from the Star's End, I, THE ADORABLE RAVANCLOAK, HAVE AWOKEN. -- That's why I and my Vespa wanted to say こんにちは!
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

That is some serious case here, they can't just cheat. :/
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
patroid

Post by patroid »

Every kiddy with some internet can change his gem amount in about 10 minutes and then any time again in like 1 minute. But this issue cant be solved alsong as it is possible to obtain gems offline. So Just ignore those guys.

Patroid

(I did a plently a few times.)
Ravancloak

Post by Ravancloak »

I was more concerned about the fact that he wanted people's passwords. Not that the password is really all that important, but still.
A new age will dawn. Ravens will be the herald angels, the stars will shine cold, for from the Star's End, I, THE ADORABLE RAVANCLOAK, HAVE AWOKEN. -- That's why I and my Vespa wanted to say こんにちは!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

patroid wrote:Every kiddy with some internet can change his gem amount in about 10 minutes and then any time again in like 1 minute. But this issue cant be solved alsong as it is possible to obtain gems offline. So Just ignore those guys.

Patroid

A few month earlier i made a protection so u can not write your gem count.
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
You fixed one special way but a pretty standard offline "hack" i ever use works.
I just tried it a second ago and gave my AOS account 100 000 gems
And saved it to the server. And loaded it to another device. Works pretty fine and took me
10 seconds. ( i directly search for the amount of gems i own in the phones active memory and then change it and search in the last found results again and get like 1-3 specific memory address that i can ezely change when my device is rooted.

Patroid
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, i see.
the thing is not good against this.
Ravancloak

Post by Ravancloak »

patroid wrote:Every kiddy with some internet can change his gem amount in about 10 minutes and then any time again in like 1 minute. But this issue cant be solved alsong as it is possible to obtain gems offline. So Just ignore those guys.

Patroid

This guy was offering to change other people's amount of gems, but if he was using the password, I guess it would be the same exact thing.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

There really isn't much point in trying to prevent it. Any protections can be bypassed unless you tie in online protections to keep count of how many gems a player bought, spent, earned, won, and was gifted by the dev.

What I can't figure out is why they want other people's accounts, when they can just make more accounts with infinite gems.
The glorious sun rises again
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

It might just be to impersonate other players.
OLÉ
xXGen.ZeroXx

Post by xXGen.ZeroXx »

Never give you password away ... they may be trying to hack other areas that you use same password!! A rooted phone is illigal in America ...but people still root and hack...only a few protections to prevent this but in a free to play mmo ...bots and hacking is something unpreventable ... unless go paid gems only...I don't cheat and would never...but reading code is all it takes!!!
xXGen.ZeroXx
Just remember what I said, 'Cause it isn't over yet!!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i made a possible protection, Patroid please contact me and try to hack it.

Return to “Other discussions about the game”