TC Generation - Fairness

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
patroid

TC Generation - Fairness

Post by patroid »

Hi,

I plan to rewrite the TC generation to make it more fair.
But before i can do it i have to ask you guys, what is fair.

To make it fair:

-Each player should be able to reach a certain percentage of all overall possible TCs first?
-Each Player Should be able to conquer the same amount of TCs in the same amount of turns?
-Each Player Should have like MaxTcs/Playercount number of TCs in a close area of his starting TC?
-Tc generation should only effect a percentage of all TCs the rest is random?

What are your thoughts?

My opinion is that the Players gain One starting TC from the old generation spot system (so 1-4 playergame use corners and more then 4 player adds generation spots in the middle) and then the rest of the TCs is equally splitted to all players im will be randomly placed in a 20% of the total map circle around the starting TC ignoring Terrain disadvantages on TC getting (like bridges or Hills).

Do you guys think we need to calculate the terrain advantages like rivers or rocks that block a Path to the next TCs? If yes the Map generation will take a little longer caus we would need to add the waypoint calculation to all the adjanced TCs to get a good position.

Patroid
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: TC Generation - Fairness

Post by DoomCarrot »

Honestly, I think option 1 is best, but I could see debate points for other options
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

The obstacles need to be factored in. Sometimes a map will wall off a players starting tc from the others intended for them, leaving them several turns behind as they have to rush around a wall or river to reach their second tc, while their opponent has 3 within a turn or two. Now, this could be averted by simply making the nearby tcs intended for a start location to be automatically controlled, and it would skip that slow period at the game's start with little to really do.
The glorious sun rises again

Return to “Other discussions about the game”