Potential Cheater?

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
scottieblueeyes

Potential Cheater?

Post by scottieblueeyes »

So something funny I've been noticing. There's two people I keep ending up in games with that I've found very suspicious. Not only do they end up in the same games as each other, but their turns are always one after the other, and they're always either on the same team, or if it's all vs all they never attack each other even when spawning nearby. I noticed this about a week ago, and then you really raise my eyebrows, every time I'm waiting on the first guy, he'll take his turn and almost immediately the other guy will then take his turn EVERY TIME. For some reason the first guy usually waits until the last hour to take their turn, so I started getting on about any hour or so before his turn and would play a random solo game so I could get instant notification of turns taken. Yep, the two always take their turns within seconds of each other every time. It happened just now like clockwork. Is there any way to check like a similar IP address or something, because it's not very fun when one person can have two teams in the same game. Waaaayyyyyyy too many coincidences for these two to not be the same person.
scottieblueeyes

Re: Potential Cheater?

By the way, we're in two separate games right now, and he just took his turn in one game, but still has 4 hours left in his next game. I don't know why but he always takes his turns for both teams with just minutes left. I suspect he'll make his move sometime between midnight and 1 tonight, and then the "other guy" will take his move seconds after.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, sometimes people will make multiple accounts and use this to win gem bet games. The best thing you can do is just to avoid the player, report his name in forums and in chat to warn others not to play him.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i suggest contacting him and asking if he does this or not.
try asking stopping it,
and maybe threatening him by reporting it to me - that can result in banning.

i am very tough against actions that can ruin the gameplay - the basic reason i started to make thegames to make a good gameplay type game - ruining this is a crime! :)
scottieblueeyes

I wanted to be sure before I mentioned any names, but now it's pretty much confirmed. One mentioned in the multiplayer lobby chat that he had to go to the doctor and ended up missing his turn in both games. Wouldn't ya know that the second guy also missed his turn in both games. Way too many coincidences for me. General-Brave and King-Edgewood.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

General-Brave is banned since approx. friday.
i wait his email to discuss the terms of capitulation :)
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

The felon has been brought to justice. :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

*thumbs up*
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Other discussions about the game”