Turn Retry Fail IMPLEMENTED

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
Lekkerhoor

Turn Retry Fail IMPLEMENTED

Post by Lekkerhoor »

Everyone thinks there is no turn retry.... Wrong, there is... :shock:
But, first I will say.. it is unfair, unfair becouse it is limetless. :roll:

I think it must cost gems for try again the turn.. or only just 3 times eatch map/ turn.

How can you get your turn back from beginning:
> While you are playing your turn there is a possibilety to leave the game by press back (android button), also you can leave game by close the app by using the home button (android galexy note 3-s have) and close the app. The game will be saved, but that is no problem, i like that (the way of saving can fix this problem too).
> Press [Multiplayer game]
> select a map by holding a map under selection (list with selections shows up)
> Delete map
> Press [Join] button left under
> select: Games you already joined
> Press [Search] button
> Select deleted map/ press on it
> Press [download my game]
.... now you can find the map in list of your multiplayer game.... :lol: :o :shock: :twisted:

So far so good... I find it out 7 days ago and tested it limmetles... .. and more... and more.. :geek:
Priest wil have a Spell posibility of 100% if you try it over and over again... The more priest th more time it cost to have all a 100% spell but.. you have 24 hours... :twisted:
Trbuchet will hit Always, or if you want to have a hit close to the target unit you can hit 11 fields of distance.... it cost time. :evil:
And here we have the most killing thing: Katapults... if missed... try again, if missed, try again... etc. etc. Also you van try to hit a unit 8 field in distance, it missed, and hit a object with 9 fields distance, there it wil explode (if max upgraded) and you try for the best explosion. :cry: 8-)

This "tacktic" is lame, but good that I find out, now the makers have to fix this or make it legal...

Greets,

Lekkerhoor
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Turn Retry Fail

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, this has kind of been brought up before, but I think it was ultimately decided that people who are willing to waste so much time doing this may deserve the rewards, or something along those lines :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Lekkerhoor

Post by Lekkerhoor »

So it is legal?
I thinkt it is better to have a retry button in that case ;) :P
If eatch retry (download game) cost 1 gem, there wil be a more serious use of the retry function and the gems will be more usefull.
Also becouse the gems are more used tehre will be on Facebook more activety of people who like the age of strategie page.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, by legal, as in.... Yes, you CAN explot this if you try, but it is not encouraged, and it is most cetainly a great waste of your life to spend 3 hours reloading the game and retaking your turn 15 times before everything goes right.

And even then, you may still lose. :lol:

However, I am 99.99% sure that this will never be supported. You aren't really supposed to be able to retake turns. :roll:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok i made a protection against this, from now all retries will result the same no matter how many you try.
(it will work only 1. with the new version (on both mupltiplayers) 2. and with newly created units)

up on server in 20 minutes.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please test these because i might have ruined it:
- occupying building (chance to steal)
- on success of stealing (on occupying too) the determination of the tech to steal
- converting possibility
- inaccuracy of inaccurate weapons, spells.
Lekkerhoor

Re: Turn Retry Fail IMPLEMENTED

Post by Lekkerhoor »

Thanks
Lekkerhoor

Post by Lekkerhoor »

It wont work this way, I can still can get a other target to have that 100% spell or hit posebilety, please make the download game based on turn only 3x possible or just dont make it possible annymore to retry.... Serious this must been fix. I still can try as manny as I like to have a perfect position in game. Also... you can buld a tower to see were are the spys. After you know the spys, you dont have to buld a tower next download...... fix it please! I wont be the cheater becouse it is not even fun. But if you know how easy to use this bug.... try it please yourself to see how katapults still can operate for max killing. Sorry for the players those losing becouse this bug.

Schouting with a dog... also easy firt look arround 4x.... sorry I give to much bad ideas, but others use it long before I know I guess... becouse I los manny times on the most weart way too.

Succes with de-bugging
Lekkerhoor

Post by Lekkerhoor »

And please dont leave game with me, else I can not try to find other bugs like this....
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Do you have the newest dev version of the game?
Lekkerhoor wrote:Schouting with a dog... also easy firt look arround 4x.... sorry I give to much bad ideas, but others use it long before I know I guess... becouse I los manny times on the most weart way too.
And I can assure you that there is not a lot of this happening - no one in their right mind would waste that much time. It would literally take less time to learn to actually hack the game itself
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Right? That's kind of my stance on it as well.

If someone is that dedicated to winning... Then they deserve the win honestly. :lol:
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

DoomCarrot wrote:Right? That's kind of my stance on it as well.

If someone is that dedicated to winning... Then they deserve the win honestly. :lol:
lol if they would just spend all that time actually learning to play the game well :lol:
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

It wont work this way, I can still can get a other target to have that 100% spell or hit posebilety,
so you have the latest DEV version ?

please make the download game based on turn only 3x possible or just dont make it possible annymore to retry
i try to avoid this restriction, it is needed for phone migrations.

I still can try as manny as I like to have a perfect position in game.
i dont understand this part
you can buld a tower to see were are the spys. After you know the spys, you dont have to buld a tower next download + Schouting with a dog... also easy firt look arround 4x
yes you can do this :) if someone hassles with this - than let it be :)

try it please yourself to see how katapults still can operate for max killing.
in the latest DEV version? if you surely have that i will check (this one i have not tested, i tried the convert only and that worked fine)
Lekkerhoor

Post by Lekkerhoor »

- How to get the last DEV?

-Oke, no problem that it needs for Phone migrations, but you can make it blokked after 3 turns retry

-If you retry you can repositon to look what is the best way to do, for example you brakedown a transport car, in the car is a heavy knight, but the closes lance is already moved to a other position withs has les profit, than retry and use the lancer. Or oter; Attact the TC, look how much it hurts to the unit you used, with that information you know what is defending in TC, mabe you can better use a oter unit to atack, so retry. This cost time... but gaming is Always waste of time... I dot see that point :D
A other thing is if you make a mistake like select a buld command while 1 turn left to have a great unit... you may better be retry.

- alright... I will still have a game with: 1) a retry button or 2) dont make it possible to retry annymore...or 3) make a retry counter which shows how manny other gamers retryed.

- I cant test it becouse no one like to play a retry test map... and I have to prommise other gamers I wont retry... (I try be honestly)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Lekkerhoor wrote:- How to get the last DEV?
Email Daniel, and he send you the link.
Lekkerhoor wrote:This cost time... but gaming is Always waste of time... I dot see that point
There is a difference between wasting your life playing a quick game and wasting your life redoing every little move, which might let you lose anyway. The difference is 15 minutes vs. 5 hours.
Lekkerhoor wrote:-Oke, no problem that it needs for Phone migrations, but you can make it blokked after 3 turns retry
Already answered:
Daniel (the dev) wrote:
please make the download game based on turn only 3x possible or just dont make it possible annymore to retry
i try to avoid this restriction, it is needed for phone migrations.
Lekkerhoor wrote:- alright... I will still have a game with:
Also already answered:
Lekkerhoor wrote: 2) dont make it possible to retry annymore...
Daniel (the dev) wrote:ok i made a protection against this, from now all retries will result the same no matter how many you try.
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Actually i figured out the solution:
a multi-game will not be able to be deleted unless you have resigned from it (or the game is over).

so the player will need to uninstall/reinstall AOS to do the "flip" that is much more effort.

opinions?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

That makes sense
Thanks!
Josh
Lekkerhoor

Post by Lekkerhoor »

It is a good option I think, i hope it will work
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, than it is implemented.
up on server in 5 minutes.

you can not delete a game wherer you are still an active player. (maybe it solves "some" of the cases when rookies delete a game accidentally lefting others to skip and kick him and force them to wait and ruin the game)
Lekkerhoor

Post by Lekkerhoor »

In this update I see it is Implemted, thanks, this makes the game prrfect!

I guess manny lags and bugs will be fix becouse this!

Return to “Other discussions about the game”