What are the best units for you?

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
Pepe

What are the best units for you?

Post by Pepe »

Hi guys, what are the best units for you?
Longinus

Re: What are the best units for you?

Post by Longinus »

The horse archers, knights, and catapults inside wagons have been my best and most favored units due to their high mobility, decent stats and reliable survivability. I would also consider the missionaries. :D
SLIT!
Im'maKiRk
kon

Post by kon »

замки - самые лучшие. 1020 здоровья - не пробьешь)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

kon: this forum is english, please write in english. thanks!
Mairon

Post by Mairon »

Well, in multiplayer the units are very unbalanced.
I prefer catapults, because they're undefeatable, hordes of missionaries w/persuasion because your opponent doesn't even get to fight and -TONS- of workers, because they can build a catapult/three towers each turn. :twisted: Opponents, anbadon all hope!
Cheers, everything will go well! Yes, ask the other person to lend you something/go on a date/do anything else! They ain't gonna bite your head off!

Tar-Mairon, The Excellent in vanyarin is the name of Sauron [The Abominable] before his fall.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Well, in multiplayer the units are very unbalanced.
which ones are unbalanced? do you have suggestion how to modify the stats of these units to be balanced?
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

I think the best are the knight and the longbowman. Also the ornithopter and the tie fighter. Yes, you are right, a ton of workers is unbeatable.

In regards of the unbalanced units, I would say:
- Ornithopter: with the 10 movements now, it is clearly overpowered. It can be used to destroy almost any unit
- Tie fighter: idem
- The skirmisher and the swordman are really weak
Longinus

Post by Longinus »

Pepe wrote:I think the best are the knight and the longbowman. Also the ornithopter and the tie fighter. Yes, you are right, a ton of workers is unbeatable.

In regards of the unbalanced units, I would say:
- Ornithopter: with the 10 movements now, it is clearly overpowered. It can be used to destroy almost any unit
- Tie fighter: idem
- The skirmisher and the swordman are really weak
Swordsmen are good starting units for defenses and early attack for enemy bases. They have decent survivability and deal enough damage to towers. Mid-game, they will start to become useless, as knights and heavy infantry will start to take over.
SLIT!
Im'maKiRk
kon

Post by kon »

the best thing - locks. who said that catapults cool?castles to be shot. but those soldiers that in the castles are built... here they are under cover can easily destroy them. about airplanes - Yes ,they are steep, the tower is well worn,but the walls of their well stop. . translate through Yandex translator. if there are error-sorry!
THagen

Post by THagen »

My best units would have to be knights, ornithopters, templars, missionaries, and catapults. If you use them right you can counter almost anything. From my experiences at least.
kon

Post by kon »

airplanes good against public groups without luchnickovychi they become... suicides.
kon

Post by kon »

airplanes good against public groups without luchnickovychi they become... suicides. and if defense right here .... need to look for a hole in defence.
DooM223

Post by DooM223 »

Knight, longbow archer, wagons, tie fighter, catapults, castle, fortress, templar, missioners,war elephant. The and, epta
:ugeek:
balint

Post by balint »

well I like to us all units, and build a varied army. But my favourite is an army of tie-foghters :)
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
kon

Post by kon »

in the storm of good units from the castle. they are easy to take down defense
Mairon

Post by Mairon »

Samurai are waaay better than any other classic melee unit (swordsmen, templars, pikemen, skirmishers etc.)
Cheers, everything will go well! Yes, ask the other person to lend you something/go on a date/do anything else! They ain't gonna bite your head off!

Tar-Mairon, The Excellent in vanyarin is the name of Sauron [The Abominable] before his fall.
Longinus

Post by Longinus »

Made my first samurai army... just discovered that they can attack twice in one turn..
SLIT!
Im'maKiRk
Mairon

Post by Mairon »

Yup, and blacksmith gives +1 to each attack!

Dgkfadomo777

Post by Dgkfadomo777 »

Just remember every unit has a weakness and for the samurai that is knights
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Definitely a large worker force. But then I prefer to attempt to gain a small advantage and then let attrition take effect. I really enjoy using catapults/trebuchets with wagons for a devastating effect.
Thanks!
Josh
casman

Post by casman »

I'd love to use the wagons, but it seems that I can't get them to move... am I missing something?

I can highlight them, I can put units in them, but when I touch them, I don't get a move range to show... What's going on ?
draakjee

Post by draakjee »

Wagons cannot move through the forest,
Maybe that's the problem...
rudhek

Post by rudhek »

Wagon, Longbowman, pikeman
The Dragon Squad Will Rise!
ollie444

Post by ollie444 »

I play a defensive game- walls surrounding a big area with workers and archers and ballistae raining death on the enemy. Nobody is getting past any time soon... Build up an army while the enemies units are getting slaughtered, and then CHARGE!!!
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

1. LOTS of workers. The only way to counter this strategy is workers of your own or rush.
2. Pikemen/halberdeirs. They prevent a cavalry rush in the above strategy, and they are dirt cheap.
3. A wagon with 3 catapults. This alone can defeat an entire army. Not much strategy to this one.
4. Horse archers. Best all around archer unit. Period. Best thing to do is hit and run, and outmanuever their pikemen.
5. Skirmishers. People make fun of me for this one, but I am a beast with them... I got a few strats up my sleeve with this one.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Alex486

Post by Alex486 »

My go to units are:
Crossbow Men, Heavy Knights, Light Cavalry, Skimisher Masters, the Ortho thingy magig, wagon, workers, cats, trebuchets , Missionary, rams, and upgraded pike men.

Most worthless units: Samari, Skimisher, slinger, Chariot units, Axe Thrower, Lancer, Hussar, Hungarian Hussar, Elephants (too slow), Hoplite (too costly), Mage (too slow and not enough range).
Anything is feasible with enough money and power.

Get ready to get your teeth kicked in, it will make for a good education.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I cannot believe you bashed the Hussars and lancer. :cry:

Cavalry FTW!!! :twisted:
Thanks!
Josh
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

They won't bash the heavy lancer U_U

Anyway my favourite units are those that you can upgrade, like crossbow archer, heavy knight, man at arms and so on
Age of Fantasy design leader
Ness

Post by Ness »

Spartans+templars supported by knights, poison archers and catapults
pocketninja

Post by pocketninja »

I found that a row of templars with a row of spartans quite good they cant be defeated unless there are catapults. But I build mostly heavy cavalry, cavalry archers and catepults. I hide them in
the trail of fortresses left behind by my builders :D

Return to “Other discussions about the game”