What are the best units for you?

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: What are the best units for you?

Post by DoomCarrot »

WORKER1212 wrote:Axe Knight
These guys seem utterly useless to me. :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I don't like the Light Cav. as much so I prefer the Axe Knight
Epic Gamer Moment!
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

i like light cavalry best for scouting and capturing base but i wish the attack will increase or make an upgrade like elite cavalry; faster and increase attack power
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

AXE KNIGHT FOR THE WIN!
Epic Gamer Moment!
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

i like axe knight also
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

MightyGuy wrote:i like light cavalry best for scouting and capturing base but i wish the attack will increase or make an upgrade like elite cavalry; faster and increase attack power
agree, give suggestion for upgrade it!
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

In my opinion, problem with axe knight: which I knew was not ready but Infowars pushed it through the vote anyway

It is a mix between light cavalry and knight. Although it bears the strengths of neither.

Light cavalry outperform it completely in scouting. That extra 1 move is big in early game land grabs. Also, the light cavalry needs its speed and sight to avoid threats that could easily kill it, speed and sight which the axe knight lacks, so it is super easy to catch it in a pike or lancer trap.

Knights outperform axe knights in their class as well. Yes, axe knights are cheaper, but only by one turn, and 2-3 knights could easily dispatch 5-6 and maybe even more axe knights. And heavy knights are even more effective. Thus, the axe knight is not nearly strong enough to compensate not just building a knight.

I think the way to make this effective is to make it more like a useful alternative to a knight, since we already have alternatives to light cavalry (hussars). give it a noticeable attack buff, or at least a little more HP.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
zteven2

Post by zteven2 »

Me personally Knights , Lancers , Legionairs , Longbowmen , Catapults and Spies
“If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.”- Gaius Julius Caesar
Viva La Silesia
http://7thjagerbattalionaufsilesia.my-free.website

Return to “Other discussions about the game”