Ai-Assasins

Put here any discussion that does not fit to the specific forums.
balint

Ai-Assasins

Post by balint »

Can the Ai use assassins?
because I played quite much recebtly, and the Ai didn't used a single assassin.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Ai-Assasins

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes, it can be.

AI uses only those units that is defined as "best against me", so an archer have eg. the skirmisher defined to skirmi will be produced against archer.
i think assassin whould be good against hard to defeat targets like elephants, hoplite, so i could define that - what do you think?

(and of course there is a default production list too - but i did not wanted to produce assassins by default..

... actually i think ai would not use assassins wisely, it would even kill a simple scout dog with its assassin if it can reach it - and that would be waste of 4 turns assassin production - so i better make it a little more clever before activating the assassin in the AI.
balint

Post by balint »

Ok.

What do you think, how much time does the Ai.need, before it can start use assassins wiseluy?
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Well it is time you made ai expert category which has all freedoms the player have(access to all units, structures, upgrades, techs, etc) alongwith additional benefits(know where the player is and so on ) and also increased intelligence
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

The AI is pretty stupidn :lol:

I can hold my own with 1 tc against an AI with 5 and come back to beat them. (Not actually joking). :P
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Yes. The key to win with ai is just give some time-within 30 turns you would have upgraded units, sige units, etc while the ai would still be building walls :oops:
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Exactly. The three steps to surviving the AI:

1. Fortify
2. Upgrade
3. Rush
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

Return to “Other discussions about the game”