Map design - TRIGGERS (eg. if the hero dies)

COOLguy

Re: Map design - TRIGGERS (eg. if the hero dies)

Post by COOLguy »

Maybe I told you wrong. :) Sorry.

Here is how it should look:

-condition:
Screenshot_2016-01-01-08-52-05.png
-effect:
Screenshot_2016-01-01-08-52-18.png
Thanks!
Josh
kurt278

Post by kurt278 »

Ow, thanks!

Well, it didn't work... :(
I even deleted the trigger and built it again from scratch according to your screenshots. Nothing happens. I tried making the zones bigger, just in case, nothing happens...
I think my map might be broken somehow, I'll try that trigger again on a new map some time later today. Thanks again.
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

kurt278 wrote:Ow, thanks!

Well, it didn't work... :(
I even deleted the trigger and built it again from scratch according to your screenshots. Nothing happens. I tried making the zones bigger, just in case, nothing happens...
I think my map might be broken somehow, I'll try that trigger again on a new map some time later today. Thanks again.
Wait, make sure your obj change owner in, rect. Is not over where the units will be in the match.... that does not work, you must place it OVER the units current position in the mapeditor. Therefore those brought in by triggers will not be affected
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

I have a question but I'm not sure if this is the place to ask it. You see, I was playing around with the trigger editor and decided to make a unit that is impervious to affecting effects. The stone statue seemed like a good choice so I used the triggers to change owner, attack, movement, actions, range, area effect, and sight but the attack trigger would not work. I'm not sure why. Does anyone have a solution to make this work? I want him to be a bad bad man that must be defeated.
kurt278

Post by kurt278 »

Got it finally to work. :D
Don't ask what I did differently, I don't know, but it is working now consistently.
Thanks to all who spent their time trying to help me!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ok i have again started map making and am having the following problem.
I have a trigger creating an object at turn 5 which when killed is supposed to trigger another effect.the problem is that that object is not there actually in the starting. This gives me an error and the trigger shows missing, however if it is used it should work fine.
Any solution?
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

No unfortunately, the object MUST be there to begin....
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

But this is a logical error and if this is somehow excluded and the map is allowed to be generated in own maps section then i think it would work perfectly fine
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

No that trigger references objects that are already present in the map upon launching the game.

But there are two ways for a 'workaround' of this.

1) Having the unit already in place somewhere and instead of the first trigger 'creating' him, have that trigger move him where you want him to be.

2) Having the first trigger that makes the unit activate a second trigger that is 'Objs in area' setting the obj to the certain unit that you are creating, the nr to 0, and the area to the whole map. This basically makes a logical test of whether any of that specific unit is on the map.
Thanks!
Josh
mroziu

Post by mroziu »

Hi guys!
Sory about this question but is there a possibility while "triggering" for example effect: change units stats to select a bunch of units. I ask because I'm trying to make my map and making those triggers for every single unit is really exhausting.
Thanks.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Yes, you can use thr area to definr a rectangle and all units in it will change stats.
mroziu

Post by mroziu »

Thanks for reply but if those units change their position out of a rectangle will it also work?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

no, the rectangle will be "observed" for units right when the trigger fires.

only "objXY" marked units are "remembered" on any time during the gameplay.
mroziu

Post by mroziu »

Ok i understand now. And the last question: is there any possibility that in future there will be added functions of selecting multiple objects in those effects?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

mroziu wrote:Ok i understand now. And the last question: is there any possibility that in future there will be added functions of selecting multiple objects in those effects?
It is already added for most effects ( thanks to my nagging to do them and dev obliging to do so :D :D )

mroziu

Post by mroziu »

That's good but I guess it isn't in most of effects
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

mroziu wrote:That's good but I guess it isn't in most of effects
And they are for instance.. ?

mroziu

Post by mroziu »

I don't know if you know what i mean becouse of my English but i meant selecting multiple units and the trigger will "follow" those units all the time. I don't know which triggers have this possibility.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I know what you mean .
And the answer to your question is simple - try experimenting with triggers yourself. I learnt it that way

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

mroziu wrote:I don't know if you know what i mean becouse of my English but i meant selecting multiple units and the trigger will "follow" those units all the time. I don't know which triggers have this possibility.
currently all triggers have only a few (objxy, objxy2) registers what can store "units" and can "follow" them if they moved on the map (like the hero that must not die).
So the answer is: "currently none".

And yes it can be implemented, but we are lack of space on the mapeditor screen, and i am not yet convinced it is very much necessary -> please open a topic about the request, and how that should work if implemented, and why it is important for mapdesigners.

thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

new: on "declare victory" you can add optionally a message to be shown to the player with the "you win" or you "lose" dialog.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

new effect possibility:
Eff: Exec Command the command effect is an effect that is fired by a command, in the Message field, available commands
ADDSPEC Adds a spec unit action to Unit1/Area of units, usage: ADDSPEC:IS_INATTACKABLE
using this u can set to any unit to have eg. "IS_GAIA_AI_ANIMAL_HOSTILE" AI by deafult meaning it will attack enemy within its sight.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Cool!
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:28 pm new effect possibility:
Eff: Exec Command the command effect is an effect that is fired by a command, in the Message field, available commands
ADDSPEC Adds a spec unit action to Unit1/Area of units, usage: ADDSPEC:IS_INATTACKABLE
using this u can set to any unit to have eg. "IS_GAIA_AI_ANIMAL_HOSTILE" AI by deafult meaning it will attack enemy within its sight.
I don't understand how it works...Which part I really need to fill in? :?:
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

in to "Message" field.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

I know how to use this command now. :)
I tried some of them (e.g. ADDSPEC:IS_INCONVERTIBLE,ADDSPEC:CAN_SPY_ENEMY_CARRIER) ,and they works. However, I don't know why some command not works,such as CAN_HIT_FLYING. :?: Another question is can I make enemy peaceful?
Stratego (dev) wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:52 amUsable specActions in datasheet

Code: Select all

PROD_SPEEDUP, // if unit is in a TC than it will be used for any other unit production
		TRANSPORTING_VEIN, // if unit basic task is a transporter (not an attacker) than this is set.
		STEALTH_UNIT, //this is the new definition for stealth units (instead of isStealthUnit)
		STEALTH_ONLY_UNIT, //this is a indicator of a unit that is not an ASSASSIN but onlya stealth/invisible unit.
		STEALTH_EXPLODES_ON_STEP, //ise this to make damaging units, that damages on step (like a trap, or landmine)
		STEALTH_CAN_SEE_STEALTH, //this is the new definition for stealth units (instead of canSeeStealthUnits)
		CAN_STEAL_TECH_FROM_TC, //this is a indicator of a unit that is not an ASSASSIN but only a stealth/invisible unit.
		CAN_SPY_ENEMY_CARRIER, //can see the internals of enemy carriers
		CAN_GO_TRU_ENEMY_OBJECTS, //a shade that can go tru even on enemy objects.
		IS_STEPPABLE, //anyone can step on it (like it was terrain) but immediately vanishes
		IS_INATTACKABLE, //can be targeted or not (not used yet)
		IS_MIRROR_UNIT, //enemy sees it like it would be a normal unit, but allies sees it as a mirror unit (something changed on image...), if attacked than vanishes.
		IS_REANIMATABLE, //is it a corpse to be reanimated
		IS_INCONVERTIBLE, //can not be converted, ever.
		IS_TERRAIN_ENTITY, //considered as terrain entity (if the map has only these units than it is still only a terrain (random) map
		IS_GAIA_AI_ANIMAL_PEACEFUL, //the unit is a gaia animal and its ai is peaceful like a deer
		IS_GAIA_AI_ANIMAL_HOSTILE, //the unit is a gaia animal and its ai is hostile, attacks if you get in its sight range
		IS_GAIA_AI_ANIMAL_HOSTILE_IF_WOUNDED, //the unit is a gaia animal and its ai is hostile, attacks if it is wounded and you get in its sight range

IS_GAIA_ANIMAL, //the unit is a gaia animal (at least it was on game start)
		CAN_NOT_COUNTERATTACK, //the unit can not counterattack
		NO_PLAYER_CONTROLLED, // such unit is not controllable by the player, only AI will control it in the name of the player.
		CAN_FLY, //in the new terrain era we lost the info that a unit can fly or not, so this spec action will indicate flying.
		CAN_HIT_FLYING, // if set the unit can attack and hit flying as it were "arrowed" in AOS/AOF, if not set it can hit only 1 hit.
		AI_FACTORY_SINGLE, //AI information: means only one factory must be built for an AI player from this in one game (eg. blacksmith)
		IS_BUILD_IMMEDIATE, //this case the building (eg. palisade) will not have an 1hp construction site and you can build further, but it builds immediately to the hp where the builder can build it.
	    IS_EFFECT_NOT_FOR_UNDERCONSTR, // if the prop changetr or tech is not for under constuction things.
	    BYPASS_ARMOR, //if the unit damage is reduced by the armor
	    BYPASS_PARMOR, //if the unit damage is reduced by the parmor
            NO_CONSTRUCT, //if a mending unit can not construct under construction units/buildings (like mending ship should not)
            NO_MEND_HIMSELF //if a mending unit can not mend himself, only garrisoned units (eg. airport shoiuld not mend himself but garrisoneds)
	    IS_ALL_TECH_MEMBER, //if a tech a techs to be in "all techs" section - meaning the DEFAULT techs
	    CAN_BE_FLOWN_TRU // if this unit is so low on ground and has no armament to reach - so flyers van fly over it (like caltrops in AOW)
	    IS_EFFECT_REDUCED_BY_ARMOR, // if the prop changer effect (that is HP changing one!) will be reduced by NORMAL armor
	    IS_EFFECT_REDUCED_BY_PARMOR, // if the prop changer effect (that is HP changing one!) will be reduced by PIERCE armor
            IS_OCCUPIABLE, // - occupiable like the TC but means only occupiable and internal units get damaged(nothing else that "isoccupiablebuilding=true" means like no pop limit, visible on explored terrain and so on)
            IS_CARRIED_DAMAGABLE, //if the carried units are receiving damage or not (like on TC-s) - combine lthis with IS_INATTACKABLE to work like a TC
	    IS_LEGENDARY, //on the game area only one can exists, the second will not be produced (stops production)
	    IS_UNIQUE, //for the player only one can exists, the second will not be produced (stops production)
	    ATTACK_FIRST_STRIKE, // it deals counter attack first before attacker can damage, only if attacker has no first strike.
	    ATTACK_FULL_COUNTER, // means the unit has a counter damage  without penalty
STEALTH_FORCES_STEP_ON, // unit can not go tru it, it will stop on it, destroying stealth unit (for land/sea mines)
STEALTH_FORCES_STEP_BLOCKED, // unit can not go tru it, it will stop right before it, not destroying stealth unit (for submarines)
            TECH_AGE // the tech is a AGE tech.
	    ATTACK_RANGE_DODGED //set this if the attacked is not arrow type (eg. throwing axe) but you want to use ranged dodge to deflect it.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

can hit flying is in my version, on next dev update will be out.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

If you do not understand how triggers work then read this http://aok.heavengames.com/university/d ... -tutorial/ - i have implemented the same engine.
i mention this again - if u need any of the trigger conditions under that link that is not yet implemented in game - tell me, i can quickly implement new trigger conditions or effects.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

It just says "file not found."
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i have fixed the link

Return to “Map Design”