Unit design - Upgrade listing

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Unit design - Upgrade listing

Post by Stratego (dev) »

You can make you unit to appear in the upgrades section by defining it in shopconfig.json

here is the json file where you can set it (with AOW example with 2 shopitems, there can be any):

Code: Select all

{
"shopConfigItems":
  [
    {"shopItemId":300, "columnNr":1, "unitTypeName":"UNIT_US_INF_BAZOOKA", "gemCost":4},
    {"shopItemId":301, "columnNr":2, "unitTypeName":"UNIT_GER_INF_PANZERSCHRECK", "gemCost":4}    
  ]
}
where
shopItemId: is an ID sequence.
columnNr: which column to have the upgrade (position within the column will be in listing order in json file). 1 based list to value 2 means column 2.
unitTypeName: which unit/tech you want to be this upgrade item
gemCost: how much gem should it cost.
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Unit design - Upgrade listing

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

This json file seems easy to master, however I do have some questions.

1)Would I have to rewrite the entire list of shop items before I add a unit to the list?

2) This is going to be hard to explain... Do I have to count the amount of units in the shop and add by 300, or do I have to start with 300, and count up to a blank slot in which I would intend for the unit to be?
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

you can send me only one item line, i will put it into the json, and updating the id to next available
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Its quite hard to understand what id is correct. I can't find any key. Does it matter or I can put there any number?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

you can not use existing number.

i tend to make "groups" so in a "column" in upgrades we have eg. 10200 and all other units there will be every second value like: 10200, 10202, 10204, 10206, 10208, 10209

but technically it can be any number that is unique among these numbers.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Ok,great.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.

Return to “Unit Design”