Intro To Modding And Editing JSONs (On Mobile)

Here are posted guides on json editing, image creation, and all aspects of helping with the game
Puss_in_Boots

Intro To Modding And Editing JSONs (On Mobile)

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

The most preferred tool for editing JSONs or an entire asset pack is Total Commander, because it makes no changes to format so that the file structure remains consistent.

It can be downloaded here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lCommander
Resources to begin can be derived from the dev, via email. These are .apk downloads or just unit.json files for each game (that you want to edit for). After they are downloaded; you can boot Total Commander and find them in the "download" shortcut. From .apk you can long tap the apps and open them as zip. From there you can copy "assests" or a folder/file from there to "unpack" zipped files.
From the quoted. If you plan to make changes to a pack and give them to Stratego, ask him for the asset pack and unpack that instead.

Once unpacked, you can change: unit stat values, unit bonuses, unit race, image address, and unit ID from unit.json.

To run modded version, ask the dev for modding permission on your account. This will allow you to run edited game versions, once you put an entire assest folder on: Android>data>Age_of_[Strategy/Fantasy/WW2/etc..]zts.com

After adding an assest folder there from inside systems or sdcard, you can hit button, others: (modding) from there hit: total commander: Assests: bottom most file

If this doesn't explain enough, add or ask for some details and I will edit this.
Last edited by Puss_in_Boots on Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OLÉ
L4cus

Re: Intro To Modding And Editing JSONs (On Mobile)

Post by L4cus »

I am not engmish speaker but i understood prettty well
Thanks puss :D
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Awesome I am glad to hear it! :)

I will use easy English to help others understand. Most of the forum members aren't native speakers, not even the dev. It is important to work through language problems.
OLÉ
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

There should be a forum for native spanish speakers...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

And some Russian speakers.

Return to “How-to's”