Collecting ideas

Here u see a list of coding related suggestions to be priorized - we can tell what the community needs the most to be coded
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Collecting ideas

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Collecting.

first 2 is from Alexander

Mapeditor related idea1:
I was thinking: why don't we add more production options?
For example basic is 1 factory for 1 tc
I propose to make tcx2, tcx3 and so on.

Gameplay related idea2:
A chance of adding another building counter for mini mega buildings (2x2 tiles)
So every tc will provide
1 factory
1 mega
1 mini mega
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Collecting ideas

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I've got one, that I think would go great for AoWW, AoG variants especially.

Unit Modifications
Producable in typically one turn it can be used to change only one unit from order of left to right down inside of a building. Found in tech selections tab. It's like self upgrading church, but it changes the units inside building.

This is great for fitting rocket pods, bombs, torpedoes, or other extra armament onto plane models that used them instead of making entirely different units. Rockets can also be fixed onto tanks, for example: M4s, Cromwells, M26s, and bt-7s I do believe. This can be used to replace integrated mgs with flamethrowers for M4s, T-26s, Churchills, and P IVs (gives permanent flamethrowering effect).

@Midonik, this could be used for reptilian hovercrafts instead of giving players dozens of different type of whole units to pick from, when they can instead choose what they need in one turn if they already have a hovercraft model. Sure it may be more work, but it's more convenient afterwards.

This can also be used to buff some units in AoS/AOF by replacing their weapons or armor for more protection/ damage output.
OLÉ
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Idea probably Gameplay related:
Making json way to configure AI behaviour - "difficulty"

I am basing it on numerous requests:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3634&sid=57b5580a14 ... 4088c47e27
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5198&sid=57b5580a14 ... 4088c47e27
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5544&sid=57b5580a14 ... 4088c47e27
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7254&sid=57b5580a14 ... 4088c47e27
my own reflections about game progression:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7261&p=89700&hilit= ... e27#p89700
and idea sounding similar (but actually about something else):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4445&sid=57b5580a14 ... 4088c47e27

The idea:
making engine read json files for AI-difficulty settings, so basically on start we would have 2 jsons:
AI-easy.json and AI-hard.json
In each of them we would have:
listBuild
listTech
listNotBuild
buildTargets
otherSettings
(it's from buildlist.json)

and additionally
AllTechResearched - boolean identyfing if AI already has techs which has IS_ALL_TECH_MEMBER=true
listResearchedTech - a list of techs AI already has in the start (without the need to copy any ALL_TECH_MEMBER techs)

Of course any desired setting could be added later to make configuring this better.
Some sort of AI bonuses for example.

It could be set in some assets folder and mapmakers or players starting skirmish/multiplayer game could assign any AI read from json files to each of AI players.
My idea is to let people make their own AI setting if they desire (without the need to change it globally ).
Age of Strategy design leader
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Multiplayer related, decided to put this here in hopes for it to be implemented in my vision:

Resign changes player to AI

Very Important Rules for player to become AI:

Code: Select all

/*
1. Resigning player must not be in a team with > than one non lost members.
2. Resigning player is in a match with > 2 human players.
3. Resigning player is not the only playing member of the last remaining team.
4. If all players were originally human, All AI of not = team to only human player become lost when every other player has resigned.
*/
Reason for 3 being the only member of the ONLY other remaining team, and not the last member of a given team is because team 3 can give the closest team a huge advantage via assest takeover if it becomes (lost) in all of its entirety instead of AI.
OLÉ

Return to “Needs, priorities - Which way would you like the roadmap?”