Multiplayer quitters - IMPLEMENTED v0.9993

Storgar

Multiplayer quitters - IMPLEMENTED v0.9993

Post by Storgar »

In games where there are no teams it would be good if an AI took over players who get booted for missing 2 turns.

In games where there are teams it would be nice when a player who gets booted, all troops towns etc are given to another player on his team - maybe a team captain is assigned based on 1st player to join that team when waiting for joiners. I am finding quit a bit that I am getting left on my own in games where other teams are still in the game making very hard.
James.v

Re: Multiplayer quitters

Post by James.v »

I think the AI SOLUTION could work very well, in teams match too, easy solution to many problems
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Multiplayer quitters

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Multiplayer: if someone gets kicked than AI will control its play further (AOF and AOS are having the update)

The first version of this is up on the server.

We need here a little more extensive testing since i modified the upload to server mechanics, preventing re-joining after being kicked (what you can do now...).
These scenarios are needed to be tested, please tell me if you can test them, thanks!
S1:
- multi player A,B
- A creates,
- B joins
- B does not respond for days
- A kicks B - having the play with 1 AI.
- B must not be able to rejoin (taking his turn) - even if he did not refreshed the game (eg. was offline) so he sees that it is still his turn

S2:
- multi player A,B, C
- A creates,
- B joins
- C joins
- (few turn playing)
- B does not respond for days
- A kicks B - having an AI instead of B.
- B must not be able to rejoin (taking his turn) - even if he did not refreshed the game (eg. was offline) so he sees that it is still his turn
- A and C can easily play the game.

Return to “Implementeds”