It is better to start Castles instead of Walls - ANSWERED

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

It is better to start Castles instead of Walls - ANSWERED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Eddy Wong's suggestion:
3 turns's castle is more tough than 3 turns's wall, because 3 turns castle's hp is more than 3 turns's wall...
I think the wall should decrease the cost to 2 or increase more hp
So he says that starting a Castle and unfinishing it at 3dr you get a better "wall" than a normal 3 turn wall.

It is true, if anyone have suggestion how to resolve it (if it is even necessary to fix) then please write here.
Mairon

Re: It is better to start Castles instead of Walls

Post by Mairon »

Even more armor for walls. I know that could become overpowered after getting even more armor, but it is
a) logical-castles have windows etc., while walls are pure stone
b) practical-really, a catapult can destroy wall in 3 turns and ram in two and you can make a ram in 5 turns and it can destroy any number of walls (which each cost 3 turns, so it even pays off to make a ram to destroy only two walls) and will last near infinitely long (180 pierce armor, lots of hp). Seriously, I think that walls are now useless without troops and even with them, since you removed the possibility to place units in your walls and to attack with garrisoned units.Yes, you can shoot over walls with archers, but they are plain useless against the typical siege units (catapults, rams, spartans and elephants).
Cheers, everything will go well! Yes, ask the other person to lend you something/go on a date/do anything else! They ain't gonna bite your head off!

Tar-Mairon, The Excellent in vanyarin is the name of Sauron [The Abominable] before his fall.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I think i have solved the problem: this will be on the next update:
"if a structure/unit is under construction then it reveives extra damage when attacked"

and the value will be: "mending bonus when constructing".

what is that?

see:
you build a castle with 1 worker and you will see that it does not mend only 15 HP (as the default mend rate a worker can do) but there is extra bonus on it: +*4.5 exactly: 15*4,5 so approx. +67 HP. if i am right.
this extra bonus is: "mending bonus when constructing"

And from now the damage a structure (that is under construction) receives will be: DAMAGE * "mending bonus when constructing". so it is worthy to finish walls and buldings because they are more vunerable from now.
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

What about changing the pace at which the castle is built? Same final hp, same number of turns, but making the hp at the 3rd turn be less than walls hp. Hope it's easy to understand...

For example, right now, a castle is built (without ambidextria technology) following this pace: 1-46-91-136......-1000
I am suggesting making it: 1-25-50-75...-1000, accelerating the rhythm at the latest turns.

With his you could avoid changing more rules and adding complexity to the game
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Can you define the equation? :)
Here are the variables :
- +hp at worker default rate (including the building bonus eg. at castle 4.5)
- structure current hp
- structure max hp

We are looking for x: what hp value should be added on this mend/build action

An equation that is good for any build process(structure/unit)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

So is the current is ok? or should we turn to pepe's direction?

Return to “Implementeds”