Gunpowder? - IMPLEMENTED

Lancer

Gunpowder? - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Lancer »

How about theres gunpowder upgrade that cost 9 turns and allows you to train rennaisance rifleman who costs 3 turns and is better then longbowman or crossbowman but can only attack only once in 2 turns due to reloading.
COOLguy

Re: Gunpowder?

Post by COOLguy »

Better. But just so you know, the English longbowman was FAR superior to such primitive firearms.

How about a string of technologies, each unlocking a slightly better gunman, so that if a player spends most of the game researching it they will have advantage.
Thanks!
Josh
K00

Post by K00 »

I like the idea of rifles, and yes the English longbow was superior to the musket by leaps and bounds.

We can make like ages in the game:
*Medieval
*Gunpowder
Dgkfadomo777

Post by Dgkfadomo777 »

It was superior but you have to remember if it dod hit 30% chance it killed or would cause lead poisoning. Even though it wouldn't work great when it did hit an enemy they would die instantly so maybe make 30% chance to hit but has a lot of damage
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Lol
Like new poison shooter. :P
Thanks!
Josh
Dgkfadomo777

Post by Dgkfadomo777 »

Yeah :D
silentz27

Post by silentz27 »

I think its better idea the gunpowder can access to cannon and musketeers and it only create in the castle to not easily create right because I think the castle is best structure for creating this tech and the castle is the only structure that have a minimal producer their only produce loyalty and trebuchet so I think its a time to create a more advancement for the castle
Have a nice day everyone
balint

Post by balint »

Okay. But in the medoeval times, gunpowder was only used in some parts of china and the first usable gun was made around the 14th century.
I suggest:
Gunpowder can only be researched after a certain number of turns
Inaccurate
penetrate armor (no matter how much armor is on, it will deal the same amount of damage.
Self damage has a chance that the gun explodes killing the unit instantly and maybe damaging units next to it.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
Ness

Post by Ness »

Gunpowder wasnt used only in china on medieval time.
balint

Post by balint »

Medieval times lasted until the 14th century and the gunpowder was only used by the eastern countries, because as mentioned before it wasn't as deadly as the longbow. It's first appearance in Europe, (massively) was bx the Turks who used several cannons and equiped their infantry with muskets. But that was later than the medieval times.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I believe that is correct; the Age of Exploration is very often confused with the Medieval period.
Thanks!
Josh
Ness

Post by Ness »

Cannons were used in europe in 14th century first time and it made sieges much shorter
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Yes, it is interesting to note that cannons were developed first. Muskets followed as a "miniaturization", contrary to popular belief.
Thanks!
Josh
silentz27

Post by silentz27 »

This is interesting I suggest that we must have a limit a 15- 20 turns times after to access this kind of tech and its turn is 5 turns to create
Have a nice day everyone
balint

Post by balint »

What about if it would turn catapults into primitive cannons?
With higher innacurancy and no area damage, But improved power
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

why this got so popular? i was big newbie when i posted this suggestion X)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

balint wrote:What about if it would turn catapults into primitive cannons?
With higher innacurancy and no area damage, But improved power
No I think we should still be able to build catapults as well. Let's keep cannons as a new unit, because catapults are a "theoretical ancestor" and not a "physical" one. Meaning people modified the idea of catapults to invent cannons, but not actually modifying a catapult.
Thanks!
Josh
Ness

Post by Ness »

Gunpowder tech: research time 12 (or something like that), unlocks cannon, musket and cannon ship techs
Muskets tech: research time 6, unlocks musketeer
Cannon ship tech: research time 4, unlocks cannon ship

Cannon: cost 6, hp 25, power 40, armour 0/6, speed 1, low accuracy, even better than trebuchet againist buildings
Musketeer: cost 2, hp 11, power 7, armour 0/0, speed 3, low accuracy
Cannon ship: cost 7, hp 35, power 40, armour 0/6, speed 3, low accuracy
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

take a look at this
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=1467
Age of Fantasy design leader
silentz27

Post by silentz27 »

Hello its my suggestion time to access this tech is 20 turns as the medieval age discoveries after that it will create in 10 turns
Have a nice day everyone
RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

I believe those that want guns have downloaded the wrong game, I just don't get it? This is Age Of Strategy not Age Of Technology :?: I mean you don't go to an apple tree looking for an orange. Maybe Daniel can implement a 15 upgrade like the 0,5 or 10 upgrade for those that want to play that type of game :?: Just making friends and influencing people :?
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
silentz27

Post by silentz27 »

Just add this for who wants fun only like tie fighter what the heck unit I mean what is the significant of that in history maybe change it in dragon because in history their are a popular dragon slayer the name is saint George the dragon slayer
Have a nice day everyone
RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

Noted, I don't play 5, 10 upgrade games for this reason never understood the big bird either but I use the heck out of them. The same thing will happen with guns the more they are upgraded (and they will) the less bowman will be used eventually taking the role of the slingers and axe throwers which will make these units obsolete?..powder is coming along with the planes, tanks, and 7th fleet :lol:....oh yeah I don't believe in dragons but there is one coming beware? (Spiritual that is)
silentz27

Post by silentz27 »

Nope why this idea not implemented but the unit ashigaru are implemented but they have guns with no gun powder :( by the way somebody requesting a cannon in the play store
Have a nice day everyone
eren61

Post by eren61 »

Yea ı think we should research gunpowder to make this ashigaru. İt can be more realistic. And ı think its a good idea to age up ;)
If you can see this, this mean you are reading it...
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

This might be an improvement for the advancement center then
eren61

Post by eren61 »

Yea
If you can see this, this mean you are reading it...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

eren61 wrote:Yea ı think we should research gunpowder to make this ashigaru. İt can be more realistic.
Alexander82 wrote:This might be an improvement for the advancement center then
:) Yes. This is a good idea.

My suggestion (combining above): A gunpowder tech to allow research of the ashigaru (and any other future gunpowder units) that costs 6 turns and is researched in the advancement center.

This makes sense and will help many things, like give the advancement center some usefulness and prevent early op spawning of gunpowder units. What do you all think of this?
Thanks!
Josh
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

That might work
The only problem of the advancement center is that in some maps where you have few tc's you might never have the oine you need for the advance center.
We might think about not giving the advance center (and maybe the smith too) the same limit of other factories, just like castles already are.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Oh duh! an image: how is this one? :)
Attachments
32_gunpowder.png
32_gunpowder.png (2.26 KiB) Viewed 12156 times
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “IMPLEMENTED - Technologies”