Unit: Diplomats - ANSWERED

gabrielbr

Unit: Diplomats - ANSWERED

Post by gabrielbr »

Unit: Diplomats
Would be used to make alliances, or PNAs (non-aggression pact) during the game, but would have to go with a power of war, for if the application is refused, he dies.
It would work like this: the diplomat is sent, and have to get a house of any team. As you enter, you are offered the option to NAP or alliance, being mandatory choosing one of the options. If alliance, just the other side accept, if PNA, have to ETRIEVE by how many turns it will be worth.
If the other side refuses, the diplomat dies.
If accepted the request ally, they become allies, normally. If one of the two sides want to cancel the alliance, just send a diplomat (or the same as was sent first) and declare guerrra. However, the side that declared war had been three rounds without being able to attack the other hand, while the other side will be able to attack immediately.
and that is, what do you think, has more ideal to complete this ??
Calibear

Not all changes starts with units...

Post by Calibear »

I liked the idea, but that would make the game more complicated. Most of these sources come from PCs coz they made the strategy games with much complications and varieties. Here on mobile, we think it different and less complications. We can't spend much time on mobile (coz we run deez on batteries) unlike the plugged PCs.

I would prefer the diplomacy as to be part of the game functions instead to put it as indirect unit.
Let's say we started on a multiplayer game of 4 and they decided to put bet.
Playes are A, B, C, and D.
They all started as free for all (which means they all enemy to each other)
Here, the "DIPLOMACY" Function will play.
Player A offered truce (ally contract) to Player B
If Player B accepts it, the prize they won will be split among them..
After the turn of Player B in which he accepts it, it will notify other players that a truce is formed.
Strategy...Strategy.. I want your strategy! Wait, did you just only used tactics!?
Darkknight

Re: Not all changes starts with units...

Post by Darkknight »

Calibear wrote:I liked the idea, but that would make the game more complicated. Most of these sources come from PCs coz they made the strategy games with much complications and varieties. Here on mobile, we think it different and less complications. We can't spend much time on mobile (coz we run deez on batteries) unlike the plugged PCs.

I would prefer the diplomacy as to be part of the game functions instead to put it as indirect unit.
Let's say we started on a multiplayer game of 4 and they decided to put bet.
Playes are A, B, C, and D.
They all started as free for all (which means they all enemy to each other)
Here, the "DIPLOMACY" Function will play.
Player A offered truce (ally contract) to Player B
If Player B accepts it, the prize they won will be split among them..
After the turn of Player B in which he accepts it, it will notify other players that a truce is formed.
This idea is very good. But DIPLOMACY should be able to turn off so there could be games with Diplomacy off for people who does not like that idea. If Diplomacy is on every player/AI cant be teams from the start and can only be teams during the game using the diplomacy.
TheBluePhoenix

Re: Unit: Diplomats

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Good thought. I would suggest a minimum of turns depending on map size after which it can be implemented. Also there is no need of any option to set it off . those who donot approve of it may well reject the truce offering. I dont think there is requirement of any unit to implement it (eventhough it will make it more interesting surely) but a option in the dialogue box is more than enough i think
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

But if you cannot turn it off some players might not want 5 players all allied together and he needs to fight them all by himself.
gabrielbr

Post by gabrielbr »

Exact, must have an option for disabled it in the dialog box, I think would rather ...
and must have a maximum number of diplomats to be built on the map.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I suggest only max 3 players to become allies
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I like the idea of diplomacy, (though it has been discussed before) but im not keen on the "diplomat" idea so much, for a few reasons. One being that towers would auto fire on the diplomat way before he reached the TC. Another being that you would easily be able to scout the enemy base with the diplomat before he arrived at the TC.
The diplomacy function sounds great though! As long as there is an option to turn it off. :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Yes the diplomacy function is being discussed in another thread.
Thanks!
Josh
Calibear

Post by Calibear »

Since others request the turn off option, we could just decline the truce offer.
To balance the diplomacy function, here we go!

If anyone wants to play outnumbered, they will have to start with teams assigned (Like team 1 is you only and team 2 is 5 players if you masochist enough).

The diplomacy function limits at half of the total players.
Say we have players A, B, C, D, E and F (6 Players)
If a truce is formed by A, B and C, that is the maximum (half of total is 3)
Its up to D, E and F if they want to form their own (Big boys do it their own way).
Strategy...Strategy.. I want your strategy! Wait, did you just only used tactics!?
Calibear

Post by Calibear »

So if we have a mutiplayer of 3, diplomacy won't work (Hah! odd numbers!)
If we have a multiplayer of 5, truce can be at 2 players max.
And so on, let the tacticians steal the pot of gems of leprechaun!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I agree

gabrielbr

Post by gabrielbr »

Anyone have ideas to improve this unit?
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

Perhaps You create a diplomacy button that allows a pact in game ( # of allies depend on players due to circumstances some may be ganged up on) but instead of the "Diplomat" being used to accept or refuse an offer The "Diplomat" is a unit created to send to an allied T.C. or Castle and upon using "diplomat skill" against the T.C. or castle it ends the truce declaring war and ending all future Negotiations. ( that way it's easy to make a pact but gives the game a more. War like feel. ( ex. Two brother princes are at war against some evil enemy. After the enemy is weakened one brother sent his diplomat to deliver an axe to a T.C. owned by his brother. Attacking the town and declaring war. (Even more intense feature when the diplomat attacks the t.c. to declare war it kills all allied units inside) I hope my suggestion is clear and understanding. I've been up all night creating maps.
Normal is an illusion.
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

And scratch the # of allowed allies it would help take out enemy players who are no longer in game and easier to take out A.I.s being able to work together gaining strength and power leading to a big war between the last two of the best.
Normal is an illusion.
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

And for the fact of being auto targeted say for example the diplomat cannot be harmed unless done so specifically by player. Therefore the auto system would simply "ignore the diplomat" almost considering it a neutral unit. Allowing movement of diplomat to be unhindered unless specifically stopped.
Normal is an illusion.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I rather like the current diplomacy system though.... If you know what I mean :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

No yeah it works. The forum was open so I thought I'd comment
Normal is an illusion.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I think that if diplomacy is implemented it will not be with this unit, so I am marking this topic as ANSWERED
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “ARCHIVED - Answered suggestions”