Modding

Follow this forum if u are a modder (having the modded version)
Contains announcements and how-to guides
Useful for forumers who want to learn how to help out in the game
ethanking5

Modding

Post by ethanking5 »

I recently entered modding but it won't let me activate my modded version or use mode or make mod packs so I can make my own varient idea can someone explain stratego was helpful but I need everything from beginning step by step anyone good at instructions
Embrace the darkness
Midonik

Re: Modding

Post by Midonik »

But you have, like, the "modded version" button?
Get yourself a total commander, open the Dev version as .zip with it, get the assets from it (unless Stratego sent you them already) and then start reading the JSON tutorials to know what the heck are you doing. Then try to do something until you are capable of actually doing something.
If there is a crash, use this thing: https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com to check if you didn't miss and coma or something. If it says JSON is vaild, then you need to check if you didn't write something incorrectly. Highly recommend to copy and past as much as you can you avoid that.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

ethanking5 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:09 am I recently entered modding but it won't let me activate my modded version or use mode or make mod packs so I can make my own varient idea can someone explain stratego was helpful but I need everything from beginning step by step anyone good at instructions
Wait, you can mode, could you help me with modding Age of discovery, go here viewtopic.php?f=233&t=7900#p99149
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Midonik wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:12 pm But you have, like, the "modded version" button?
Get yourself a total commander, open the Dev version as .zip with it, get the assets from it (unless Stratego sent you them already) and then start reading the JSON tutorials to know what the heck are you doing. Then try to do something until you are capable of actually doing something.
If there is a crash, use this thing: https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com to check if you didn't miss and coma or something. If it says JSON is vaild, then you need to check if you didn't write something incorrectly. Highly recommend to copy and past as much as you can you avoid that.
nonononno!

never get the assets from the apk.
there are timestamps ruined!

ask me fort assetpacks!

thanks!
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

Hello @Stratego (dev) , Im begginer and I want to learn how to add units so that I can try it in the game and to help with you guys. Please notice my message. Thank you.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Awesome!Which game r u interested in?
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

In age of World Wars
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Godd! @Harchie Hirondo : do u need a helping hand in AOW?
Harchie Hirondo

Post by Harchie Hirondo »

Yes. Also, I have sent you an email. :(
The war is inevitable! But what if....
Sultan Suleiman Khan

Post by Sultan Suleiman Khan »

Hi there @Sratego(Dev) I also wanna help in the game! I am newbie at modding. I also need to start from very beginning like the others.I'm very much interested in AOMW.But that does not mean I don't like other variants.Since I found AOS,I am a big fan of it...is there any group of newbies/beginners???I wanna work with them.Maybe in the discord or any other social media???Well,Idk from where to start.And I don't have computer. So I need to work on Android phone. My Android ver. is 7.Can I get started with that???
Sultan Abdul Hamid Khan 2
brave,kind,and worthy than all the Ottoman Sultans,,,
Know history,,,N love history,,,,

Return to “Modders lounge”