Russian 57mm anti tank gun ZiS-2 +IMG (img needs fixes)

Hyacintho

Re: 57mm anti tank gun ZiS-2

Post by Hyacintho »

Looks like all that needs discussing is the range.

I reckon 2 range ain't too bad, if every tile is considered 1000 meters, this unit does exceed that in real war characterisitcs. I also tested it, and this way it did seem rather useful.

Or we just give it 80% or 90%, maybe 100% dodge counter, and maybe that would work as well. At least it can last a little while longer against a tank.

Regardless, I find AT guns to be around useless. I never use them, and I find that no one else uses them too, because all they do is take up space for more efficient tank killers, like bombers and others tanks, and they get destroyed before they can even be used.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Russian 57mm anti tank gun ZiS-2 +IMG

Post by Stratego (dev) »

here we need image it point horizontally (as all AT guns in game)
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I don't see anything wrong with the last image, pointed just a few degrees off a perfect horizontal angle it's kinda hard to mistake it for long distance artillery. The cannon was last discussed to have range, a slight angle conveys that well. What I'm most worried about is if the image follows the recently defined real life length to pixel dimensions
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:46 am I don't see anything wrong with the last image, pointed just a few degrees off a perfect horizontal angle it's kinda hard to mistake it for long distance artillery. The cannon was last discussed to have range, a slight angle conveys that well. What I'm most worried about is if the image follows the recently defined real life length to pixel dimensions
yes, it is totally ok in general.

i just mentioned because recently Drejade started to make AT gun barrel positions to total horizontal and artilleries/AA guns pointing to any angle upwards.
(so looking at image player instantly kknow if that is AT gun or artillery gun)
is this an approach you do not agree with?

+yes pixel sizes needs checking on all new images.

Return to “Russian Guns”