Quick or Kick games.

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
phoenixffyrnig

Quick or Kick games.

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Hey folks - I'm starting various games called Quick or Kick. The intention is to let active players to play more and wait less, but without excluding newer players who have not gained high badge level yet. Just to explain how they will work...

I always go for 24 hr turns, gives plenty of time to take your go, and normally a small bet of 1 or 2 pieces of shiny.

These will be open games of varying nature and maps, but some things always stay the same due to my personal preferences, eg, FoW, no magic, no start techs, but upgrades enabled.

My take on skipping/kicking is as follows...
If you have signed up to a new game, and then failed to take your first two turns (that's 48 hours plus of holding everyone back) - then goodbye.
If you are normally a quick turn taker, but then miss a go, I will personally give you a bit of leeway and encourage everyone else to do the same.
If you know you are away for a couple of days, or otherwise unable to make a turn, please give an ingame message to all letting us know when we can expect you back, and again, I encourage people to be understanding.

That sounds reasonable to me, would love to hear the thoughts of others, and let me know if you are interested please.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
makazuwr32

Re: Quick or Kick games.

Post by makazuwr32 »

I accept this but for AoF if you want.

I am not that good as before in AoS and do not plan to return any time soon, sorry.

But i always happy to play in AoF with someone.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Sorry Mak, I just have AoS at the mo - I'll seek you out if that changes anytime soon.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

No prob.
I am rather active on forum and that won't be changed anytime soon.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

This series of games has officially been rebranded as Quork.

The initial run has been a great success, allowing me to meet many interesting and committed players. Quorks will continue, normally low bet low badge, so as to be open to all. Through these games, reliable players make it to my friends list, noobs and vets alike, which grants access to my Quork VIP matches.

It is my hope that the VIPs can become a meeting ground between the well established players and our newer comrades, because we certainly have some interesting new talent coming through.

Thanks for the fun, everyone. Long may it continue :)
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Very nice :D
AOD Team - Join Us!
ProtectorLordGarmin

Post by ProtectorLordGarmin »

I would like to join this kind of game. Do you mind If I join the next "Quork" game?
Leader of the Aegis Protectorate, the proud Defenders of Ambidia! If you would like some heavy protection, we can do some mercenary work... but such elite warriors come with an elite price.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

ProtectorLordGarmin wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:52 pm I would like to join this kind of game. Do you mind If I join the next "Quork" game?
Jump right in. Next one is up now

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”