Carrot Cup 2017!

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Detros

Re: Carrot Cup 2017! --Ongoing--

Post by Detros »

Turns are slow due to Christmas time. I should get to playing my one in next 24 hours...
Detros

Post by Detros »

Our score is 758/907 at the start of COOLguy's 8th turn. So I have 20 % more points than him.
I think I have more economy but COOLguy has three easy to capture TCs in the west while those three on my side are much more spread. He is also sending three light cavalries to the south where are the last neutral TCs while I have just one light cavalry down there. We haven't clashed yet.
Oh, and while posting I noted it is my turn again so this report is already outdated :D

P.S.: COOLguy, can you try to post a screenshot in few turns? My images are quite low quality at this zoom level, maybe your ones will be better.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Looks like you will both end up with 11 tcs after scouting phase is over. However, you look much more developed, and COOLguy might have to spend some turns setting up defenses to prevent a rush.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It would have been nice it we were participating. But the others would do.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think detros has a better chance getting all four towns below, cool guy might actually b in trouble
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Detros

Post by Detros »

My phone may be broken. It kept on randomly restarting for few weeks. I was going to do few finishing touches to my turn 10 and upload it this evening but now my phone just doesn't want to start, even when plugged in. =_=
Wait please few more days (or hopefully just hours) while I look into revive or replacement options.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Dang sorry to hear that, hopefully you can get it replaced/fixed easily
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Revive via Safe Mode has been actually successful, after lots of unsuccessful attempts. I will try to finish my turn during the day.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Our score is 1041/1113 at the start of COOLguy's 10th turn. So I have only 7 % more points than him. (I am putting this second sentence here to both indicate which score is whose and to show how close to or far from we are to/from double-points victory condition).

There was first battle in the North. I lost my light cavalry but killed one of COOLguy's pikemen, killed his worker and rooted freshly founded guard tower.
COOLguy is slowly building more factories in his corner while my wagons keep moving west. He has build his first blacksmith two turns ago while I am finishing my 3rd one.

I have captured one TC in south while COOLguy is grabbing all those west ones.
South is still calm. For now.
This has happened actually three days ago so I am will now write the next report.
I will try to keep posting these reports every other turn but post some reports of yours, too, COOLguy.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Our score is 1404/1468 at the start of COOLguy's 12th turn. So I have only 5 % more points than him.

Our archers may have killed another COOLguy's worker in his eastern town area as none continued to work on East Guard Tower II. So his fortification effort there seems quite hampered while our fortification teams are at full speed. Not shown on the screenshot are ruins of Central Guard Tower which construction site was intercepted by that horse archer of mine. Red workers in NW corner are now fortifying too, building a fortress for a change.
My wagons are delivering first troops to the frontline. Just in time: COOLguy has researched crossbows so there is probably going to be some counter-fire soon.

South is still mostly calm. COOLguy's three light cavalries just rode past my TC and captured the other two towns.
My welcoming committee is on the way.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Those siege workshops are gonna be a pain if you don't find a way to deal with the cannons he will soon be making.

However, right now it looks like you have a bit of an advantage in terms of space to work with
Detros

Post by Detros »

Sorry for bit longer turn, planning phase nearly finished.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I'm under pretty heavy attack in those two isolated towns. It does not look so good for me there
Thanks!
Josh
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Instead of all light cavalries, at least one should have been Mongolian horse archer, coolguy may have made a wrong choice making 3 light cavalry
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Detros

Post by Detros »

COOLguy wrote:I'm under pretty heavy attack in those two isolated towns. It does not look so good for me there
I sincerely got confused about which pair of towns under heavy attack are you talking about, the south one or the north one. 8-)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Sounds like COOLguy needs defenses and troops ASAP, but he is pushing for technologies probably which might cost him dearly but pay back long term
Detros

Post by Detros »

Our score is 1485/1672 at the start of COOLguy's 14th turn. So I have 13 % more points than him.

Fortification of the north continues on both sides. Battles are fought in both north and south. My archers stopped one construction of tower near the west towns only for red workers to build new tower and to dare to shoot back. I suspect I may be able to capture a town or three soon. Reinforcements are coming from east while COOLguy is building siege workshops on every other tile. Or at least laying down foundations of them, for some reason.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

He is probably timing his siege workshop construction for the turn he finishes researching ballistics, so he does not waste production turns.

That means that he is probably 1-2 turns from ballistics.

Siege weapons kick butt on that map because they are easy to protect and can be very troublesome to get to and destroy.
Detros

Post by Detros »

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

THE TEXT FONT.

No seriously, that is really weird reading an AoS message in that font, makes me feel like I am viewing something from an alternate reality lol.

Also, which tc did you manage to take to steal that?
Detros

Post by Detros »

DoomCarrot wrote:THE TEXT FONT.

No seriously, that is really weird reading an AoS message in that font, makes me feel like I am viewing something from an alternate reality lol.

Also, which tc did you manage to take to steal that?
Yes, the fonts behave weirdly from time to time.
In my turn 15 I took the last neutral town, then captured one red town in north and one in south. All three light cavalries of south forward army are dead. It may not be too clear to see it in that turn 14 screen but there (north towns) I actually fell back for some reinforcements after wave one of melee attack in turn 14. I have managed to clear the garrison of those two north towns back then but I lacked units to actually capture anything.

Now I was waiting for COOLguy's response and wondering what he may try to not let me take the other two separated towns, one in the north and one in the south, again. I see it is my turn now. I have prepared some graphs in the meantime as we have just hit end of turn 15. Both show state at the start of my turn 16. The first one is for main score at start of my turn, the second one shows battle losses in turn worthness from my point of view (e.g. knight is 4 turns worth).
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

nice chart, looks like you are gaining a strong upperhand here
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I'm in a bad position. I made a mistake and Detros was very good.

I think I still have every possibility of winning but not before Detros will double me I think.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Detros has earned my respect as a very good strategist. He clearly puts a LOT of thought into most of his moves, and plans very far ahead. Most people do not plan most moves ahead at all lol
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

COOLguy wrote:I think I still have every possibility of winning but not before Detros will double me I think.
And this is why I personally disagree with double points. I'm playing a game vs Stratego, with the score in my favor at 3889/2848 in the tournament of dragons. 1k score above him, yet I'm finding it one of the hardest matches I've ever played, and actually consider him to currently have the upper hand. The scoring system doesn't really account for all variables very well.
DoomCarrot wrote:Detros has earned my respect as a very good strategist. He clearly puts a LOT of thought into most of his moves, and plans very far ahead. Most people do not plan most moves ahead at all lol
He obviously puts more thought into it than I do. I don't make charts. I do keep a move by move analysis of damage output​, health, and relative cost of mine and my opponent's units in my head on any given turn, as well as a generalized plan for production and goals for the next few moves with possible movement ranges, but I have never and probably will never keep detailed statistics or paper/electronic notes.

He probably makes a map editor copy of the current setup and plays out every likely scenario.
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Sounds like a great person, be nice if we have a small match. Nothing to extreme.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:
COOLguy wrote:I think I still have every possibility of winning but not before Detros will double me I think.
He probably makes a map editor copy of the current setup and plays out every likely scenario.
Nothing that extreme, I just make a random map at the start to check in which tiles one can step and later make few maps in map editor to make sure I understand mechanics properly.

Our score is 1287/2361 at the start of COOLguy's 16th turn. So I have 83 % more points than him.

I took three of his towns now and am starting to assault the west ones.
Screen later, gtg.
Sunrise Samurai

Can't say much. I use map editor as a damage calculator all the time. Especially when my opponent hides something in a tc and I can't read current hp.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Can't say much. I use map editor as a damage calculator all the time. Especially when my opponent hides something in a tc and I can't read current hp.
I am summing damage on backsides of random receipts or storing various values in Excel spreadsheet. I will show how it looks like when I fell out of this tournament.
Detros wrote: Our score is 1287/2361 at the start of COOLguy's 16th turn. So I have 83 % more points than him.

I took three of his towns now and am starting to assault the west ones.
North at the start of my 16th turn:

My losses will probably climb a bit soon but this turn I lost just 1 worker and 1 halberdier while killing 3 workers and 3 crossbowmen. Recent completion of master skirmisher tech helped with those pesky crossbowmen. The worker I lost was next to my northernmost fortress which needed just one worker job to be finished (or two laborer ones but I got access just from one tile). COOLguy probably hoped to delay my construction there but I have planned for this and had another worker near. So things are going according to the plan, at least there. I could have done few things better elsewhere - few times already, I have managed to forget a planned move and put unit on some other tile, ruining some connected plans. I am trying to write notes to myself of what to do in few next turns in given area but it doesn't work all the time.

State at the start of COOLguy's 16th turn:
The moment all those red siege units are ready may be a turning point, at least for a while. I am staying positive but I may need to instruct my workforce to construct some more siege units so that I have more than just that one catapult ready by then. I think I should be able to get to 200 % of COOLguy's points before he manages to slow my progress enough, though. Especially if I manage to grab one of those west towns soon.
Sunrise Samurai

Detros, I need to get you in AoF. I could learn a lot from a couple matches with you. You plan a good bit more than I do, so you will probably win, but I find there's more to learn from a player who beats me than from someone I beat.

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”