Carrot Cup 2017!

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Carrot Cup 2017! --Ongoing--

Post by DoomCarrot »

Detros having a comeback lol :)

And that map doesn't look horribly unbalanced honestly. Tamtam has a much more defendable position, and his 2 tcs are only slightly harder to reach. COOLguy has one across a river as well. Tamtam definitely has the worse of the two starting positions, but I wouldn't say it is an impossible game at all.

However, last tourney I played COOLguy on that same map, and he DID defeat me.... :?

In other words, Puss_in_Boots and I have started our game on four season island, and so far it looks fairly balanced. It should be an interesting game. I would post screenshots now but it is on "explored" :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Well, tamtam has done well and we are about even. Doing my best to go for a slow game now.
Thanks!
Josh
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

It is turn 18.It is in COOLguy's turn now.
I still have a big disadv in this map.COOLguy did sth secretly and I couldn't stop it. :|
I think I may have a trouble after few turns...

How to upload picture in bigger size?
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

When you use postinage, resize the image to like 600x400 or something like that. And then copy paste the "hotlink for forums" thing, that makes images full suze without going off the screen I've found.

Anyways, interesting game, although COOLguy seems to have the strategic advantage here. It looks like he has been playing very defensively and slowly building up.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Detros

Post by Detros »

DoomCarrot wrote:Detros having a comeback lol :)
Well, I am back to just one TC, duneix has promptly taken that one back.
End score (at the start of duneix's 24th turn): 945/1577.

EDIT:
Points (at the start of my turn) - looks decent I guess

Lost and killed (at the end of my turn) - looks really good for me but the size of available production facilities is not counted

Note all this was made manually so there may be some oversights and mistakes.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Interesting charts, it looks like you are actually putting up a really good fight lol
Detros

Post by Detros »

DoomCarrot wrote:Interesting charts, it looks like you are actually putting up a really good fight lol
I have managed to capture back the TCs in my corner so I am again at 3 of 8 total. Sorry, Daniel and Dan, this may still go on for a while. Duneix currently seems to be trying to build a wagon-airlift from the south, with one wagon every other tile. I wonder what presents will they bring. Probably more knights.
End score (at the start of duneix's 25th turn): 1241/1359.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Wow it actually is now sounding like you might win Detros. Close game.

As for Puss_in_Boots and I, we are still land grabbing for tcs. PiB ( lol :lol: ) has successfully taken the tcs close to him, but I have sent a bird to scout out his forces, and am now have the tactical knowledge to get my troops to most of the middle tcs before him I believe. However, our points are still very close, although I have kept a small lead so far.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

It is turn 24 now.I think I have little adv because I assassinate the COOLguy's castle.Image
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I am losing :(
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

sending that hussar and missionary to take out his undefended siege workshop was a very smart move tamtam. It looks like COOLguy is using a similar strategy that he used on me in your game, but the different starting positions are hindering him greatly.

Close game, looks well played on both sides for the most part!
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Is the double point rule suitable in other maps?
Detros

Post by Detros »

tamtam12345 wrote:Is the double point rule suitable in other maps?
Other than what?
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

How is the match Detros? I am sure the stalemate is still going. :lol:
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Detros wrote:
tamtam12345 wrote:Is the double point rule suitable in other maps?
Other than what?
All game that will be started in the Carrot Cup.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, the double point limit applies to all games in this tournament.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

My last turn ended at

DoomCarrot: 1699
tamtam12345: 969

I have 12 tcs to tamtam's 6. He is sending many orthnicopters to beat down 2 of my tcs on the far side of the map, but he does not have many man to actually take them. I have not made any serious attacks yet, although I have been harassing him with some cavalry on our border, which has allowed one of his tc's to fall into my hands.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

DoomCarrot wrote:
I have 12 tcs to tamtam's 6.
It seems that you really want to beat me. :P
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I do, this is basically a sudden death, and I have already lost my fair share of games to you before. :)
duneix

Post by duneix »

Well basically, nothing changes. I left the 2 tcs I took from Detros in the north because I had already built 2 additional building and because some catapults were attacking me but I'm ready to destroy the rest.

Only problem, Detros, you are playing much to slowly. Everyone is waiting for us, and you are playing every 48 hours only.

If everyone agrees, I give you a last chance as I always did until now. But next time, I will have to skip you else we will never end. At what turn are we now? 20, 25? I ve never seen that..
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

I think slow is not bad.Detros may just need more time to think.(And he successfully defense 25 turns!) Duneix is a very strong player . :)
Maybe Duneix and Detros can make a agree on time that both online so they can make a fast game?
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

DoomCarrot wrote:I do, this is basically a sudden death, and I have already lost my fair share of games to you before. :)
You didn't understand the massage. :lol:

The massage that I really want to tell you is...I am not the opponent playing with you now.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

It is ok if players take a while for their turn. It would be best to speed it up, but the rules do state that they have a 72 hour limit before being skipped/kicked. I would much rather a close tourney game like this comes to a completion, even if it holds up the rest of the tourney for a little. However, it would be best to take turns as quickly as possible, especially if it is the last game in a round.
duneix

Post by duneix »

72 hours before being skipped?? But the game will end in 2 months?

Well ok I can wait but honestly, it makes no sense.. It takes 5mn to play on a 20x20 map :/
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Just be patient Duneix.
Eventhough it is slow, i am atleast able to get some more upgrades (don't make it too long though!)
Last edited by Dan301002 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Ah yeah, Doomcarrot is fighting Puss_in_Boots lol. :lol:
Detros

Post by Detros »

duneix wrote:72 hours before being skipped?? But the game will end in 2 months?

Well ok I can wait but honestly, it makes no sense.. It takes 5mn to play on a 20x20 map :/
@duneix
It takes just 5 mins if you are on the winning side and "just moving units forward". It takes 15 mins to carefully execute plans and anywhere from 15 more minutes up to 2 hours of pondering what those plans should be if you are grabbing the shorter edge. During your attacks I am literally writing down sums of damage from my units to various targets and trying to figure our which one it is best to attack. Currently I may be somewhere around the six metre mark of my paper roll. Trying some of those units you are sending in map editor so I can check the bonuses also takes some time. Finding these 30 mins to 2 hours multiple times a day can be hard in some days as during daytime I am often in the work.

Btw: Another my MP game got to turn 48 on 30x30 map after like 4 months. This is my 10th MP game in the half year I am playing MP and you have a record of winning quite a few of MP games. So I may need bit more of pondering time especially if TC distribution...ehm, doesn't offer me too many benefits.

@others:
We are at the start of my 28th turn at 1310/1575. After two turns of mostly silence duneix is making another push from the south. It seems this time he has brought some artillery.

Thanks for your patience. Sorry for caused inconvenience. I will try to play at least once a day so that others don't have to wait that much, unless I am on some journey which I will, as asked by OP, report here or at game chat.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Lol, that sounds pretty intense. As long as there isn't inactivity, we must simply wait for them to finish. It isn't that big a deal. Players higher up in the brackets can try to play on bigger maps to allow the rest of the tourney to catch up
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

It is turn 29 now.COOLguy may meet the double pt limit within few turns. :P Image
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Wow COOLguy is getting butchered there. Surprising considering the starting positions honestly. Looks like we may meet again in the tournament scene COOLguy. :P

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”