Carrot Cup 2017!

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
COOLguy

Re: Carrot Cup 2017! --Ongoing--

Post by COOLguy »

tamtam12345 wrote:It seems that DoomCarrot is in trouble if he doesn't have any preparation...but still have a chance if COOLguy doesn't make the best option... :?
Don't feel so bad that I lost to you now. We will see about Doom and I :)
Thanks!
Josh
Detros

Post by Detros »

Daniel withdrew in his 13th turn at score 1739/983.

It may have been caused by him getting to the two of the northeast TCs and feeling safe, at first. The next turn my transporter arrives, drops a wagon, Daniel's cavalry gets killed, I immediately claim two TCs (one of the Daniels) and start fortifying. We are so far north it would take like two turns before his other units can get close enough to try to get those towns back. I have 11/18 TCs.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes, i should have checked the map before start (i started as it were a greenfield like map, i never played it),
was not worthy upgrading to knights and stuff....

also you were well prepared to this map! grats!
Detros

Post by Detros »

Yes, I was wondering why you have lancer ready while you have only just started to build a bridge to anywhere you can use it.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

exactly. i did not know we will have river betw. us.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Detros wrote:Daniel withdrew in his 13th turn at score 1739/983.

It may have been caused by him getting to the two of the northeast TCs and feeling safe, at first. The next turn my transporter arrives, drops a wagon, Daniel's cavalry gets killed, I immediately claim two TCs (one of the Daniels) and start fortifying. We are so far north it would take like two turns before his other units can get close enough to try to get those towns back. I have 11/18 TCs.
Wow.You won.Nice. :D
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Brackets are updated! Congrats Detros!
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Detros

Post by Detros »

DoomCarrot wrote:Brackets are updated! Congrats Detros!
Thanks.

So once you and CoolGuy finish your match, there are three matches left if I am counting right. I will face either of you, the winner of that match will battle Duneix and winner of that one will meet tamtam in the final showdown.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, but if tamtam is defeated, a sudden death rematch is played, since he is still undefeated :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Stupid animals captured like 2 of my towns.

*calls the exterminator*
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i will turn off animals to be "can occupybuilding" was a mistake i guess.

shall i turn off neutral people too?
Detros

Post by Detros »

Stratego (dev) wrote:i will turn off animals to be "can occupybuilding" was a mistake i guess.

shall i turn off neutral people too?
If neutral units should not be passive and still attack when they see a good opportunity, I think they should be able to attack even your units in TCs but not capture TCs back to neutral faction.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

in next updates no neutrals can occupy building.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I still think this is a good solution to give map designers a choice in how annoying​ neutrals are.

http://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4027

I know I wouldn't mind seeing some maps with hostile natives.
The glorious sun rises again
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yeah, COOLguy and I both forgot about animals overrunning towns :lol:

Luckily for me, the bears decided to take a stroll in the other direction

In other news, our game is progressing. COOLguy has most of the tcs, but he is having trouble holding them all against the animals as his scouts have been spread thin. He tried to zerg rush me with a bridge, but it was expected and I have countered his forces effectively.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

The carrot cowards hide behind their flimsy walls. Have they never heard of siege towers?
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

:shock:
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

You can see the cause of COOLguy's frustration. So much for walls not being used competitively :)
Sunrise Samurai

That is the most effective use of walls I have ever seen. You had just enough distance to throw them up before troops could kill the workers, but not enough to just build towers. A small, defensible space with room to shoot over the walls without requiring excess time to make a massive circle of them.

In short, the exact, perfect, indisputable situation in which walls are the best possible way to go. I never thought I'd see the day.
Sunrise Samurai

COOLguy wrote:
tamtam12345 wrote:It seems that DoomCarrot is in trouble if he doesn't have any preparation...but still have a chance if COOLguy doesn't make the best option... :?
Don't feel so bad that I lost to you now. We will see about Doom and I :)
It seems there was some preparation after all. The carrot has deep roots.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Any news from the land of CoolCarrot?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I'd say we're pretty evenly matched right now. Doom is the most built up but I have more potential to build if I get a chance
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Our game has been progressing. Most of the fighting has been on COOLguy's territory, and I have slightly more points on average despite my lack of town centers. I have been aggresively pressibg my advantage, and COOLguy has been abandoning siege workshops and docks to my ranged attacks as he falls back behind the safety of his capital cities.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

See for yourself. Score was 1400-1402 in COOLguy's favor at the end of my most recent turn:

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Doom, you have awoken my citizen's sensibilities...

The Protectorate will wage all out war with you and regain the ancient lands of the Federation. Prepare to meet your DOOM
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Pfff, the "protectorate" could barely protect its lands from the wild animals that once roamed the fields, and now it threatens to "reclaim" land from the mighty DCPR? Lands that it never even owned to begin with, btw. Pesky pesky pectorate I tell you.
Sunrise Samurai

Could someone post another screenshot? I'd love to know how it's progressed. Last screenshot looks in favor of coolguy, simply because he had more of the tcs. Plus the completed castle that's probably going to give a trebuchet to crumble doom's unfinished one.
Sunrise Samurai

I don't suppose this topic could be moved to the tournament section of the forum? It really belongs there more than anything.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

You underestimate the strength of the DCPR sunrise :)

However, yes I will post another screenshot tonight.

And yes, this, the phoenix tourney, and the unofficial tourney (carrot cup #1) should all be in the tournament section honestly... :?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

After my turn tonight, this is the situation:

As you can see, his capital has been under heavy siege from my towers, skirmishers, and warships. This turn was possibly a huge turn, as I landed troops in his territory for the first time, and caused a great deal of destruction. He does have a castle in the north, and I have nothing to really counter it, which may be a problem, but I have been destroying his siege workshops and he keeos rebuilding them, which makes me believe that I am effectively keeping him from getting that dreaded siege weapons tech. However, even without trebuchets, tuetonic knights or even ashigaru could wreck havoc on my northern defenses. But I am preparing a defense and I do believe I can hold out.

I self destructed my own castle, to fortify with walls instead, because I realized that I would not be able to finish the construction, and it is much more important that I defend the area right now.

When I clicked end turn, I was a solid 100 points ahead of COOLguy, despite the tc disadvantage.

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”