Carrot Cup 2017!

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Carrot Cup 2017! --Ongoing--

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, if he can get back those points in his turn, he can still stay alive. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Detros

Post by Detros »

How is it currently going at COOlGuy vs. DoomCarrot and Daniel vs. Duneix?
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

COOLguy is mia. I am waiting for him to respond, but if we start to hold up the tournament, he will have to be eliminated unfortunately
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Detros wrote:MY units have managed to capture one of Dan's corner TCs. It was bit hard to defend it when there is a mountain range between it and the rest of his base.
The score is currently 2448/1174 at the start of Dan301002's 20th turn so slightly over 2:1.
Dan, if you can kill those intruders quick enough or if you have something big cooking soon we can still continue.
It would be bit sad to not to get to those other things which are currently on the way, otherwise.
There is not apparently, half points lose is kinda sucks, i always play it slow and become bigger and bigger overtime. :?
There is that thing where i always had natural layout disadvantages in everygame of mine. :(
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

I am sure my longbowman are on top of my builder in a tc, so he should get hit instead. But my builder die, weird. :?
Detros

Post by Detros »

Dan301002 wrote:I am sure my longbowman are on top of my builder in a tc, so he should get hit instead. But my builder die, weird. :?
Ordering is random each turn, for each player. There is currently no way to make sure the order is in the way you want.
Beside who gets damaged in TC this is also important for who survives in a wagon if that gets destroyed.

As I have said, if you have some catapults or multiple knights or workers to finish that castle which will be ready in few more turns, just continue, at least till Daniel and Duneix are again done.
Last edited by Detros on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Dan301002 wrote:There is that thing where i always had natural layout disadvantages in everygame of mine. :(
ad layout: Here is my plan for this map:
I have seen you could go pink-magenta-magenta-magenta and get to those 2 TCs in the right bottom corner before me. So I have sent my first light cavalry with the green line, then pink one. When you have not appeared I have continued with the cyan line to the central island. My second light cavalry went with the yellow line and then turned east with ochre one. You have taken the gray cities in the meantime. Note I have run around the two cyan cities on my side at first and didn't capture them so that I can get faster to the central area. Transport ship moved reinforcements from the bottom corner to the centre and east.
duneix

Post by duneix »

Detros wrote:How is it currently going at COOlGuy vs. DoomCarrot and Daniel vs. Duneix?
Daniel just surrendered ; sorry I don't have much time. Game was pretty interesting, I have a lot of screenshots, but I have to pick up kids ;)

I think Daniel tried to rush my tcs without immediately taking his one, but didn't manage it (except one that he lost after a few turns) and that penalized him in the mid-game.

But further explanation will come ;)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

duneix wrote:
Detros wrote:How is it currently going at COOlGuy vs. DoomCarrot and Daniel vs. Duneix?
Daniel just surrendered ; sorry I don't have much time. Game was pretty interesting, I have a lot of screenshots, but I have to pick up kids ;)

I think Daniel tried to rush my tcs without immediately taking his one, but didn't manage it (except one that he lost after a few turns) and that penalized him in the mid-game.

But further explanation will come ;)
Yes he did very well! he deserves to win this round! Thanks!
Detros

Post by Detros »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:Yes he did very well! he deserves to win this round! Thanks!
OK. Or will you two do third match to get 2:1 score? Currently it is 1:1. :D
DoomCarrot wrote:COOLguy is mia. I am waiting for him to respond, but if we start to hold up the tournament, he will have to be eliminated unfortunately
Well you are already midway on round 3 while me, Dan, Daniel and Duneix are on round 2 and tamtam is waiting at the start of 3. So plenty of time for COOLguy.
duneix

Post by duneix »

I've asked Daniel but he told me, he doesn't want a 3rd turn. :(
So I guess we can go on!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I've asked Daniel but he told me, he doesn't want a 3rd turn. :(
sorry i have limited time nowadays.

So Yes! dunex can be announced a winner!
(i always wanted to see others winning tournaments ;))
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Very well, brackets are updated!

tamtam and duneix are now matched for the winner's bracket semi-final! Good luck to both :)

Also, Daniel, you aren't out of this yet, although you do get a short break until Dan and Detros complete their game.

EDIT: I am kind of unclear on whether or not Detros v. Dan is over or not? Has Detros won?
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

DoomCarrot wrote:Very well, brackets are updated!

tamtam and duneix are now matched for the winner's bracket semi-final! Good luck to both :)

Also, Daniel, you aren't out of this yet, although you do get a short break until Dan and Detros complete their game.

EDIT: I am kind of unclear on whether or not Detros v. Dan is over or not? Has Detros won?
Since the end of my turn, his point is a little bit mucher than 2x of my points. Detros what do you say? I am already cornered pretty hard anyway. :lol:
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

The game with duneix now started.Duneix choose the map 40x40 greenfield.I seldom play this big map.It will be a great challenge. :?
Detros

Post by Detros »

Dan301002 wrote:
DoomCarrot wrote:Very well, brackets are updated!

Since the end of my turn, his point is a little bit mucher than 2x of my points. Detros what do you say? I am already cornered pretty hard anyway. :lol:
Oww. Like one or two turns till I finally manage to deliver my big present to Dan. :D

But yes, DoomCarrot, I have got over 200% Dan's points for like five last turns but we kept on going for a bit longer to see if he can get out of it or not.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Very well, if it has passed the 2x limit at the end of Dan's turn, then it is more or less over lol. I will try to update the brackets later today :)
duneix

Post by duneix »

tamtam12345 wrote:The game with duneix now started.Duneix choose the map 40x40 greenfield.I seldom play this big map.It will be a great challenge. :?
Well game has just started, we're at turn 5, but honestly it's already almost over ;)
We're are very close to each other, Tamtam12345 made a wonderful start...and I already don't know anymore how I will be able to counter him!
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Brackets are updated! Please check your matches!

P.S. COOLguy please send message with game details. Now that they have caught up I give the 72 hour warning. If you do not respond in 72 hours, you will have to automatically forfeit from our match. :?
duneix

Post by duneix »

Sum up from my game against Daniel:
2017-09-01 19.48.53.png
2017-09-01 19.48.53.png (194.79 KiB) Viewed 7867 times
Game started, we are at turn 8-10 (?)
Daniel decided to rush my tcs in the SW. He didn't take all his tcs in the North, but conquered one of mine.
Unfortunately he made one (lonely) mistake, leaving the tc with a single dog, sending his pikeman to me, and losing both at the same time while my units just got the attack upgrade.

2017-09-02 21.55.23.png
2017-09-02 21.55.23.png (242.78 KiB) Viewed 7867 times
After that, he went on harrassing me with crossbowmen, preparing a second attack with horses in the North, next to a castle.
On my side I produced horses to counter the crossbowmen and started producing catapults. I also started to produce an assassin to destroy the castle

2017-09-03 10.13.19.png
2017-09-03 10.13.19.png (242.83 KiB) Viewed 7867 times
I launched a small attack in the Center and in the North in order to prepare the attack of my assassin, and to gain some time. At that moment, I knew the game was almost won as Daniel lost much time producing pikemen and archers in his towns, so I had much more workers than him -> much more catapults in the mid-term.
duneix

Post by duneix »

2017-09-05 09.45.31.png
2017-09-05 09.45.31.png (252.08 KiB) Viewed 7867 times
First attack with catapults + assassin launched in a wagon to the north

2017-09-06 11.37.32.png
2017-09-06 11.37.32.png (252.91 KiB) Viewed 7867 times
Second attack, castle + 2 towers + one trebuchet destroyed

This is how the game ended, as Daniel surrendered at that moment.
duneix

Post by duneix »

And this is my game against tamtam, which gonna end in the next few turns.
As he was starting, had a better position, and played very very well, I have no chance to win.
Game Tamtam12345.jpg
Game Tamtam12345.jpg (71.36 KiB) Viewed 7861 times
Detros

Post by Detros »

The score is currently 3139/1200 at the start of Dan301002's 25th turn as I have took another of his TCs. I guess in like 5 turns I may be able to finish him completely if he doesn't want to surrender.

In the meantime I await map details from Daniel (Da < De). If you want it, Daniel, I don't have objections to play this River Loop map again. Maybe the river could be just 3 tiles wide but otherwise the distribution of water tiles and bridges seems quite nice in offering the tactical question which way you pick: do you just use map bridges, make a ship transport or will you build your own bridges? Much better than those impassable mountains some maps use as dividers.

EDIT: @duneix and Daniel:
DoomCarrot wrote:Fog is not allowed. Only reveal and explored are.
duneix

Post by duneix »

Detros wrote: EDIT: @duneix and Daniel:
Yes I saw that too late when I created the game ;)
I haven't done the mistake when I created the game against Tamtam
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Honestly,I can't predict your strategy. I predict it wrong. :)
If we both online,maybe we can have a fast game?
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Detros wrote:The score is currently 3139/1200 at the start of Dan301002's 25th turn as I have took another of his TCs. I guess in like 5 turns I may be able to finish him completely if he doesn't want to surrender.

In the meantime I await map details from Daniel (Da < De). If you want it, Daniel, I don't have objections to play this River Loop map again. Maybe the river could be just 3 tiles wide but otherwise the distribution of water tiles and bridges seems quite nice in offering the tactical question which way you pick: do you just use map bridges, make a ship transport or will you build your own bridges? Much better than those impassable mountains some maps use as dividers.

EDIT: @duneix and Daniel:
Welp, i surrender, checkmate for me i guess. I am always on the defense in my game. :P

Both AoS & AoWW (basically i am cornered, but then between losing grounds or slowly taking it back, in this case i forgot to maximize the buildings potential). :lol:

If this tournament is over, i want to see co-op tournament. Will be interesting. :D
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Dan301002 wrote: If this tournament is over, i want to see co-op tournament. Will be interesting. :D
Co-op tournament?2v2 games?
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

tamtam12345 wrote:
Dan301002 wrote: If this tournament is over, i want to see co-op tournament. Will be interesting. :D
Co-op tournament?2v2 games?
Yes it is.
Will heavily depends on skill and teamworks, also i never see that kind of tournament. :lol:
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Dan301002 wrote: I never see that kind of tournament. :lol:
I think the reason is: If someone don't have enough time(eg.homework/trip),they maybe skipped.Then the game may become less fun. :) Also,if someone disappear,how to find another player. :?
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

tamtam12345 wrote:
Dan301002 wrote: I never see that kind of tournament. :lol:
I think the reason is: If someone don't have enough time(eg.homework/trip),they maybe skipped.Then the game may become less fun. :) Also,if someone disappear,how to find another player. :?
For that i don't know. I just say it would be interesting if there is one. :P
Edit : Forgot about 72-hours rule too. Or maybe 48-hours (because 2 v 2)

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”