Possible Carrot Cup 2017 (Unofficial Tourney #2)--CLOSED

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Possible Carrot Cup 2017 (Unofficial Tourney #2)--RECRUI

Post by DoomCarrot »

To be competitive, you really only need the upgrades for basic units (heavy knights, heavy lancers, xbows, halberdiers, man-at-arms, heavy horse archer, heavy catapult, etc).

Most other upgrades (tuetonic knights, turtle boats, etc) are fun and useful, but you really don't need them to be competitive.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

DoomCarrot wrote:To be competitive, you really only need the upgrades for basic units (heavy knights, heavy lancers, xbows, halberdiers, man-at-arms, heavy horse archer, heavy catapult, etc).

Most other upgrades (tuetonic knights, turtle boats, etc) are fun and useful, but you really don't need them to be competitive.
Xbows? What it is like? Never heard of it.
I have blacksmith covering my disadvantage in units firepower, so maybe it will be okay. Btw, what size the maps will be?
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Xbow means crossbow, sorry :lol:

And maps will be restricted to 25x25 - 40x40 most rounds
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

DoomCarrot wrote: And maps will be restricted to 25x25 - 40x40 most rounds
Oh.No.I am not good at bigger maps. :o
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

tamtam12345 wrote:
DoomCarrot wrote: And maps will be restricted to 25x25 - 40x40 most rounds
Oh.No.I am not good at bigger maps. :o
Then you better 'git gud' TamTam. ;)
OLÉ
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

40x40 isn't that big, and that will only be for later rounds. Most early rounds I will try to keep at 25x25-30x30
Detros

Post by Detros »

Dan301002 wrote: Well, time for grinding. Completed the page 1 & 2 of upgrades, still a lot i haven't unlocked in page 4. :/
Well, I have found out I have somehow missed most of Kingdom Come campaign so am currently pushing there.
DoomCarrot wrote:To be competitive, you really only need the upgrades for basic units (heavy knights, heavy lancers, xbows, halberdiers, man-at-arms, heavy horse archer, heavy catapult, etc).

My list of "really good things to have" would be quite different. I won't spoil what I have unlocked (because tamtam is watching), I have maybe half of all upgrades but from your list I lack 4 of 6 items.
tamtam12345 wrote: Just join. Your strategy is good.I haven't unlocked all upgrades too because I lost my save before.It is a great chance to learn some strategy from opponents . :D
Thanks. In that case, hoping for slower turns and for me grabbing few more upgrades before the rain stars, I will then join. That makes 8.
Detros

Post by Detros »

DoomCarrot wrote:40x40 isn't that big, and that will only be for later rounds. Most early rounds I will try to keep at 25x25-30x30
Are there going to be lower turn or population limits? Which type of fogginess will you pick? Same for all matches or varying?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Same as the last tournament, there will not be fog, there will be upgrades (0), there will be normal towns, and there will probably be a reasonable pop limit (150 or so).
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

No one really want to join, i become a little bored.
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, please someone else join so we can get this going! :)
Detros

Post by Detros »

DoomCarrot wrote:Yes, please someone else join so we can get this going! :)
Detros wrote: Thanks. In that case, hoping for slower turns and for me grabbing few more upgrades before the rain stars, I will then join. That makes 8.
?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Oh wow, duh, so sorry. I missed the last part of your post :oops:

You are enrolled, and I shall begin setting up the official tourney topic!

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”