March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status! *FINISHED*

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status! *FINISHED*

Post by DoomCarrot »

Welcome everyone to the March 2016 Unofficial Tournament! In this tournament players shall be able to test their wits and strategies against each other. There shall only be one winner left standing, who shall win the jackpot of 40 gems. Below are the rules and system of this tournament. PLEASE READ THEM:

1. Tourney maps shall be held on maps no smaller than 20x20 and no larger than 40x40. All maps must have upgrades set to "yes(0)," towns set to "normal," and they may not contain AI. All other map preferences are left to the map creator, who shall always be the player furthest to the right in the brackets. THUS, IT IS UP TO YOU TO CREATE THE MAP FOR YOUR NEXT TOURNEY GAME AND PM YOUR OPPONENT THE PASSWORD AND DETAILS IF YOU ARE TO THE RIGHT OF YOUR OPPONENT IN THE BRACKET.
2. All games are bet games. Map creators, you must make the maps a bet game of 5, 10, 20, and 40 gems for each round respectively. Also, if you cannot meet the bet, you lose the round. This shouldn't be a problem so long as your not using your winnings mid-tournament.
3. If you must be afk for a few days, this is understandable. Just please notify your opponent and/or me that you will be away. Otherwise, they will not be accountable for skipping/kicking you. If you do not respond for more than 3 days without telling your opponent or me why, I will not hold them back from kicking/skipping you.
4. If you finish a game, please immediately either PM me or reply in this topic who the winner is. It would be best if BOTH players tell me who the winner is before I update the brackets.
5. Check this topic often if you are waiting for other games to finish. As soon as the brackets are updated, I expect you to start the next game with your opponent.
6. Please try to work with your opponent more than with me. This will make everything run much smoother. If there is an issue however, feel free to PM me about your issue (opponent not responding, not sure who you are playing next, etc.)
7. TAKE SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR GAME. If something goes wrong, they may be very helpful. (someone lies about who won, etc. Hopefully nothing crazy like this happens).

I tried to make the tourney with as little bias as possible, so bracket order is arranged in the order that people signed up.

BRACKET STATUS

gif upload

Everyone, you know what to do! PM your opponent and get your game started! Report to me the outcome as soon as it is over! Remember, all round 1 games are 5 gem bet games! Feel free to PM me with any questions! :)

P.S. Check your PMs and this bracket often so long as you are involved in the tourney!
Last edited by DoomCarrot on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:59 am, edited 7 times in total.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
RiverRaider 1097

Re: March 2016 Unofficial Tourney Status!

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

Cool,Good Job, Doom )
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Well i think you should make all the maps for uniformity
Otherwise, you are a good manager!
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Thanks guys! I did think about making all round one maps something, all round two maps something etc. However, I figured that as long as the map is balanced and not crazy large, it should be alright. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Esley

Post by Esley »

I pulled the short stick/carrot :| :cry:
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Eh, Hardeep has it worse than you I think :lol:
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I like mine. :D Maybe someone will sign up that I can beat on round 1 :)

Please no one hard sign up. I don't want to lose round 1. :P
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Oh wait First-Speaker is a person - I thought it was blank :(
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I will pm you...
Thanks!
Josh
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
Maybe i dont got.it.but where can i ask to join?
I wann join the turnement.

Patroid
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Sorry Patroid, the tourney has begun, and we have at least 2 games in progress. :(

However, if this tourney goes well, I'm sure there will be more to come!
LagitKiller

Post by LagitKiller »

Made a map, really fair setup actually, 9 towns each, called Lagit vs. River
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

My game is pretty fairly setup. I did Perilous Realm so a small map on reveal (expect screenshots!). I have the north, First_Speaker has the south. I will most likely be able to reach all 4 tc's on my side first, but my opponent has more space to work with as a counterbalance. I am thinking I might try an aggressive play to take advantage of my early strength. That is out of ordinary for my style, so we will see.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Good to hear! Me and Esley have also made some progress on a 20x20 greenfield.
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

:shock: ..............................
WHY!
:cry:
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

You don't understand how much I wanna face off in this tourney with you, Doom............
But looking at both of our opposition, I don't think that that has much a chance of occurring....
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

*The Alemeisters fleet sits dormant, weathering a ferocious storm devoid of their ordinary good cheer. They await the dreaded messenger, for he, and he alone, will be the judge of the next destination, the next bloodbath..... The AleBurgh stands at the helm of the ship, despite the savage winds whipping all around him, staring off to the north; where he knew the bonfire would be lit as soon as a foreign ship came through the entrance to the canal.*
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Sorry Hardeep, Perhaps fortune shall cross our paths.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Esley resigned in our game after only a handful of turns, bracket is updated.
RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

That was quick!
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

*beside myseld in rage*
THAT IS IT! I DON'T CARE WHO OR WHAT STANDS IN MY WAY! *adopts Skeletor's accent*I'M COMING FOR YOU, DOOMCARROT!
*seething*
I mean no offense to you, Daniel! Please pardon my inhumane screaming! But this bloddy Communist dog must die!
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I caused no harm to Esley. I only killed one of his scouts in the entire game. He resigned peacefully.

This was how the game went. He could have taken his four tcs, but chose to send his scouts to the closest 3 first. 2 turns after I took the 5th tc, he resigned.
upload gifs
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

DoomCarrot wrote:...who shall always be the player furthest to the right in the brackets.
I like how you start on the far left and thus NEVER host....

:?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Well thats curious he so easily gave up the game without even trying
Why , i myself have won a game with 5 tcs against 15!!. Ma best win evah :mrgreen:
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Thats why I made it far right, so I didn't have an advantage.

And yeah, I encouraged him to keep playing, but he insisted that he had already lost the game... Oh well, better resignation than war. :?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

So he is a peacefulguy- i am sure to pick him up in my tournament :roll: :D

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

How is everyone's games going so far?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Well, sorry for inactivity in reporting. First_Speaker is a very amiable player - the reason that the game has not progressed further is solely my busy schedule. First_Speaker has been very regular in his turn taking.

As far as the game, I have the lead by about 200 points. I have 5 tc to his 3. Although he could win, I would think that I have the decided advantage. The only hope for him imo, is to gather his forces and take my far east tc before I can entrench. But my crossbows should be able to prevent him from doing that, and I will also send in some from directly north to keep him occupied.

I'll try to post a screenshot soon. Can anybody else put up screenshots?
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Screenshot:
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Interesting game, thanks for the update! :)

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”