Who Gets HisTC?

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Aral_Yaren

Who Gets HisTC?

Post by Aral_Yaren »

I'm in a 6 ffa turn 9, yet there is already a player who is skipped twice. The worst to say, if he would be kicked, who is among 5 players that will get his TC? And how about the other units and building?

N: It's unsportive if the skipper get them all, I say it.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
phoenixffyrnig

Re: Who Gets HisTC?

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

If the player is kicked, their forces remain as they are but become AI controlled. If the player resigns, then their forces remain merely as decorations on the map, no attack, no movement, no build. I think, for the sake of a fair match for the remaining players, a resigned player's forces should also be AI controlled, not inert ornaments.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
TheSenate-_-

Post by TheSenate-_- »

Another great issue, we are currently experiencing this in a big game where we all had big territory in a close match. One player gets upset and leaves and now his territory is up for grabs to two players and the third is completely unable to get in and put in a huge disadvantage. AI taking over for the player will at least slow down the advances of the invading forces and give the third player a chance to pressure the 2 players who are sending resources to claim the free territory. This makes the game more balanced if one player decides to leave.
Morberus

Post by Morberus »

that sounds like a very good idea.

i am a new player, and i was wondering how some players manage to double their score during the first turns, while i lag behind significantly.
is it because they take over towns from players who resigned?
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Morberus wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:25 am i am a new player, and i was wondering how some players manage to double their score during the first turns, while i lag behind significantly.
is it because they take over towns from players who resigned?
It depends. On smaller maps (10x10 to 20x20) that might be the case, but based on the map settings (if there are many towns, for example) and in bigger maps they might just be focusing more on scouting than you are, and capturing a lot more neutral towns as a result, since capturing towns gives a lot of score.

(Also just a small advice: as games progress, scores get less and less indicative of advantage, since score is also given for units killed/trained, and one player with a high score might just be killing cheap units that another one is spamming, for example)
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Morberus

Post by Morberus »

ah, okay. thank you very much for the info. helps me a lot. :)

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”