Agent

StormSaint373

Agent

Post by StormSaint373 »

Description: A military operative who can do many things... Self sufficient and effective, a force that changes the war, on and off the Battlefield.

Cost: 6-7 (infantry)
Recruit at TC

Hp: based on faction
Soviet: 42
Nazis: 32
US: 35
British: 30

Att: based on faction
Soviet: 8
German: 10
US: 8
British: 10

Armors: 0/0
Vision: 4
Speed: 3 (2 in mountains)
Action/Turn: 2
Build rate: 5 (can only make land mines)
Heal rate: 5 (self)

Abilities:
Blackmail: Convert 20%
Hijack: destroy a tank, CD: 4
Takedown: Eliminate an infantry unit, CD: 4

Bonuses:
Infantry: 200%
Unarmored Vehicles: 1000%
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
Midonik

Re: Agent

Post by Midonik »

If even, I don't think they should work as better inf, but a spec inf, and there is a diffrence.
I would suggest about 12 hp, stealth, lower bonuses at least to 100% and give them ability to steal tech from tcs without capturing them and see enemy production (it's possible right, that's what assasins and spies can do?), I would'nt give them the takedown ability, instead a 'sabotage" ability that allows them do decress all stats of adjacted unit by 1 (not stackable). Can't capture tcs obviously. No mine building I would say tho heal rate is acceptable. The cost is dissscucable, rest is fine I think.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

For a cost 6-7 turn unit, anything (hp wise) less than 20 simply isn't enough. I may be able to Divide standard hp by 2, but there must be compensation

Please note: in description it stated that it was a military operative, not just a civilian spy.

Hence: these units should be able to either hamper the enemy in a way that will cripple them, or outright kill them due to their training.

I've not really made use of assassin or spy in AoS, mainly because of really LOW hp... but the fact that they dissapear after killing an enemy was also a major desuading factor. Thus, I know not of their capabilities.

When it comes to The "Sabatauge" ability... A -1 penalty isn't going to be enough to nullify a oncoming tiger tank or unit of the same cost.

As for bonuses and takedown, I can accommodate for one or the other... But not both.

Stealth won't do much good in this regard unless they were given a range of 2

In multiple operations, it was small groups of highly trained soldiers that took and held an objective, thus I daresay that they SHOULD be allowed to capture TCs, the risk is that you could lose this expensive unit in defending it from the enemy, especially with the hp modifications you've suggested.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I said that cost us to negotiate.
And what is driving us to misunderstanding is a scale again I think. I'm thinking about units on a size of companies and more, preferably battalions. So not small groups at all. I don't know what you have in mind.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Spec Ops Battalions, the best of the best.

British Commandos
US SEALS when it first came out to being.

Size: I believe that this would be the size of a platoon. Between 2-5 squads. So 2/3 hp of a standard infantry unit IF it hp are measured by size.

But, I must stress their training. Thus, where a normal infantry unit would be wiped out, this unit would still, somehow, manage to survive.

So, if possible, incorporate Dodges?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Increasing survivability stats is typically better than putting in RNG in a strategy game
OLÉ
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

RNG?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

By RNG, I mean the probability it creates instead of the certainties of a well crafted plan. Chance tends to throw that off.
OLÉ
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Truth be told...

It is rare, that a plan would be executed with perfect certainties.

In reality, that is...

The variation is what keeps it interesting.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

The surprises in this game should more so be what the enemy chooses to hide rather than entirely unpreventable chance of whether or not your attacks do damage. Not many people want to face that kind of chaos in a videogame.

Also, I don't really see anyone or any group avoiding direct fire completely from an infantry battalion.
OLÉ
ShroomGuy

Post by ShroomGuy »

This is a good idea for fan maps, and can be implemented as a fun unit. (I really want to have the possibility to do Wolfenstein in AoWW...)

Return to “Infantry (last cleanup: 20240130)”