Infantry - Fighting position OLD_TOPIC

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Infantry - Fighting position OLD_TOPIC

Post by Stratego (dev) »

infantry is already hard to attack but i feel infantry would have more usage if they had an ablility to build figting pit/tobruk or name it anyhow when infantry
can no longer move
but instead they get extra "armors" of protection by digging them in eg: +6/+6.

what do uthink?
RSXAR27

Re: Infantry - Fighting position

Post by RSXAR27 »

I think that is an interesting idea btw, that wouldnt make anti-mounted infantry great to deal whit both archers and mounted units at the same time due to the strong armor increase? also a great way to get defenses whit shielders surrounding structures making poison archers and siege units the most usefull to kill them
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

I made a topic about stationary pikes that deny movement to cavalry similar to this
~Gral.Sturnn
RSXAR27

Post by RSXAR27 »

maybe can you share the link to the post?, also this idea is for all the infantry, at least the cheap one like swordman, pikeman, shielder, and maybe vouglier?, this means that you will will get a diverse way to defend from different threats for example, doing the maths a defender has 3/6 armors, this means 5/8 whit blacksmith upgrades, whit a +6/+6 this defender now will have 11/14 armor, this means a heavy knigth (both tier 2 units in terms of upgrades) would have 14 atk whit blacksmith upg. so... 14+(14*0.5)= 21 dmg to a shielder then 21-11, the shielder gets a hit of 10 points that has 24 hp points, so three atks from heavy knights are required to get through this shielders, or do the combo of 4 arrows then double knight swipe, but for that you need to leave a knigth in front of it exposing your unit.

maybe whit less armor 3 or 4 to cqc and the same 6 or 7 to p. armor can be better, but talking to use this for late game... you will have a catapult so that isnt a problem at all
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

RSXAR27 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:35 am maybe can you share the link to the post?, also this idea is for all the infantry, at least the cheap one like swordman, pikeman, shielder, and maybe vouglier?, this means that you will will get a diverse way to defend from different threats for example, doing the maths a defender has 3/6 armors, this means 5/8 whit blacksmith upgrades, whit a +6/+6 this defender now will have 11/14 armor, this means a heavy knigth (both tier 2 units in terms of upgrades) would have 14 atk whit blacksmith upg. so... 14+(14*0.5)= 21 dmg to a shielder then 21-11, the shielder gets a hit of 10 points that has 24 hp points, so three atks from heavy knights are required to get through this shielders, or do the combo of 4 arrows then double knight swipe, but for that you need to leave a knigth in front of it exposing your unit.

maybe whit less armor 3 or 4 to cqc and the same 6 or 7 to p. armor can be better, but talking to use this for late game... you will have a catapult so that isnt a problem at all
sure
~Gral.Sturnn
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

~Gral.Sturnn
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

WOWWWWW LOL :lol: :lol: this topic has gained a lot of attention but have anybody noticed its for aoww infantry against tanks, not aos infantry against horses?

And besides in medieval times, digging underground would b a waste of time as enemies would surround u since most fights r close combat, and wen they r on top of u as u hide under the hole, they would rain arrows upon u and slaughter u easily....
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

godOfKings wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:17 am WOWWWWW LOL :lol: :lol: this topic has gained a lot of attention but have anybody noticed its for aoww infantry against tanks, not aos infantry against horses?

And besides in medieval times, digging underground would b a waste of time as enemies would surround u since most fights r close combat, and wen they r on top of u as u hide under the hole, they would rain arrows upon u and slaughter u easily....
Lol we all blind, but traps and holes were indeed dug in battles
~Gral.Sturnn
RSXAR27

Post by RSXAR27 »

godOfKings wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:17 am WOWWWWW LOL :lol: :lol: this topic has gained a lot of attention but have anybody noticed its for aoww infantry against tanks, not aos infantry against horses?

oh man, i really doesnt paid atention to the forum thread above :lol: :lol: the next time will be, the next time i will be commenting something about AoF in AoS wait for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

and godOfKings why we cant put a hole trap for horses :twisted: :twisted: that reduces the speed of horses to 1 ( i know that is out of the main topic)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Traps and holes r different things, there r already many topics for traps in aos forum, but this topic was about infantry hiding in dug up holes that's y I explained y this is unrealistic in aos context, we can (and probably soon will) have traps in aos
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Implemented/Closed ones”