Balance: Light tanks to walk on hills OLD_TOPIC

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Balance: Light tanks to walk on hills OLD_TOPIC

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it would be good if light tanks were able to move over mountains, since it would be historically accurate and would make light tanks an incredibly important strategic source
i received this suggestion, please write your opinion - thanks!
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Balance: Light tanks to walk on hills

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I'm not too sure about this, when I think hills terrain I think of steep jagged cliffs that are very hard to climb. Besides we gave infantry mountainwalk because they were too easy of a target for tanks. Imagine after you send infantry up a mountain, a light tank goes after them an annihilates them. Also tanks are incredibly flawed on steep surfaces because they wouldn't be able to aim as well as on flat ground, and their heavy weight means they can't stop driving up sloped surfaces to aim without falling. They'd need a heavy attack debuff on them when entering hill terrain.
Last edited by Puss_in_Boots on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OLÉ
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Well, sounds cool and reasonable, but i think not atm, bcz we don't have specific tiles to represent that terrain, all we got is few sharp cliffs and mountains... If we receive these new soft/smooth terrains, then i can agree... Otherwise no.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Klon

Post by Klon »

Personally I think it sounds like fun and really wouldn't mind but only if done correctly. For example making light tanks weaker on hills and making infantry more effective against them on hills so infantry remains the best and most important unit on hills. For balancing reasons of course. I also don't care much about the visuals so making representing tiles would surely be a nicely done detail but not much of a priority for me. But I also think the whole subject isn't much of a priority so if the dev's have more important things to do they should concentrate on that.

Return to “Implemented/Closed ones”