Tank units OLD_TOPIC

Prof_GamerARCHIVED

Tank units OLD_TOPIC

Post by Prof_GamerARCHIVED »

Hello, i would like to give you some suggestions for units that i would like to see in the future!

Tanks

British Faction
Light Tanks: Medium I, Medium II, Cruiser IV, UC 2 pdr, cruiser III
Medium Tanks: Matilda, covenanter, crusader, alectro, Cromwell, Valentine
Heavy Tanks: AT 2, Churchill I, Churchill VII, Black Prince, AT 8, AT 7, Comet, Centurion

German Faction
Light Tanks: L.TR, Panzer II, Panzer I, Panzer 35, Panzer 38, Luchs(correct me if this is a medium tank), Panzer.jäg.I, Marder II, Panzer S35
Medium Tanks: Panzer VI A, Panzer III A, D.W.2, Leopard, Panzer VI, Panzer III/VI, VK 30.01 H, Panther, Hetzer, Stug G, Stuk
Heavy Tanks: VK 30.01 P, Tiger (P), Tiger I, Tiger II, Panther II, Maus, Elefant, VK 30.02 D, VK 45.02 A, Indien Panzer, Jpanther, Jagdtiger

American Faction
Light Tanks: T1, T18, T2 Medium, M2 Light, M2 Medium, Hellcat, M3 Stuart, M5 Stuart
Medium Tanks: M40, M4, M8A1, M3 Lee, Wolverine, M7, T49, Firefly
Heavy Tanks: T1 Heavy(worst tank ever made), M6, T29, T32, Pershing, Super Pershing, T95(one of my favorite tanks)

Soviet Faction
Light Tanks: MS-1, BT2, T 26, AT 1, SU 76, BT 7, T 46, A 20
Medium Tanks: Valentine II, T 34, T 34/85, SU 85B, SU 85, MT 25, SU 100
Heavy Tanks: IS 2(thats probably my favorite tank), IS 3, KV 1, T 28, KV 85, Obj.263, KV 2, T 43

Japanese Faction
Light tanks: R.Otsu, Ha-Go, Chi-Ni, Ke-Ni, Chi-Ha
Medium Tanks: Chi-He, Ke-Ho, Chi-Nu
Heavy Tanks: Chi-To, Chi-Ri, Sta 1

French Faction
Light Tanks:Renault FT, Hotch Kiss H35, Renault R35
Medium Tanks: Saint-Chamond, FCM 36, AMC 35
Heavy and Super Heavy Tanks: Renault Char B1, FCM Char 2C, FCM F1

Please create different infantry divisions for each faction! I hope you read my suggestions so that this wasnt a waste of time. Good luck with the game, tell me if you want more unit suggestions!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Alpha

Re: Tank units

Post by Alpha »

No Poland :(
Epic Gamer Moment!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Professional_Gamer wrote:Hello, i would like to give you some suggestions for units that i would like to see in the future!

Tanks

British Faction
...!
Cool!
please bold the unit types that should be default units and also somehow indicate is any of the is an "upgrade" of an other (so in game inventing a tech would change all existing units to the upgraded version)
Christian360

Post by Christian360 »

I want to have a Landkruezer P.1000 worlds largest proposed tank :) for the German Faction (Nazi)
Stats:
Attack:260
Range:Main Gun:4
AA (Wirbilwind):5
Armor:40
Piecre Arm.:13
Action:Main gun:2
AA :1
Speed:2
Capacity:2
Size:3x6 (Preety big huh?)
Prequisites:
Tech: Super Heavy Armor
Building:Super Heavy Industry

I hope someone might create this dream come true ;)
Christian360

Post by Christian360 »

You can also change the stats if its too Overpowered
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Frist think: Make it smaller,like 2×2 or somethink
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Christian360

Post by Christian360 »

Ok its size will be 2x2 anything else?
andysensei

Post by andysensei »

Played the tutorial a few weeks ago. Was disappointed by the lack of historical accuracy of stats. While I understand the game is not HOI or extremely accurate, it seemed like it was so far off that it was a bit of a joke. For example, the Soviet tanks, the BT and KV... While the BT was a spectaular failure in 1941 (and very few left after that), at least give it credit for being very very fast. Have you ever seen video of it on youtube? Has anyone checked out it's speed on wikipedia or anywhere else? In short, the BT was twice as fast as the KV...maybe triple the speed on road...

So why is the KV twice as fast as the BT in the game IIRC?

This is just one example. There were others.

Also, while tanks like the Pz4, T-34, and Sherman were quite comparable and similar in performance, it would be more interesting if each one had some real advantage/disadvantage relative to the others. Ideally, more stats could make things more interesting...For example, ammo capacity, fuel capacity, range, sight, reliability, accuracy, relative performance against hard/soft targets, repairability etc. That might be asking for a bit much actually.

Has the historicity of units been corrected yet to be a rough reflection of reality? If so, I will come over from AoS and have another look.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well basically, the stats are 100% based in reality. Basically
We are using the real properties (see the XML file somewhere), but the problem is how they are adapted into game. For expample the speed you are complaining about is because we take the operational range (how long can you drive on one tank), not the combat speed (how fast it moves). Dunno if that's the right approach, guess Dev wanted to make use out of the operational range without, in any case, using fuel mechanics (well for tanks that would be a pain in the ass).
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

speed: yes i tried to mix speed with operational range - there is an equation to this - however i am open to change it to reflect only actual speed, operational range is not necessary to be part of it (but i do not want fuel in game - that kills everything, i mean this is already a logistical nightmare :) and with fuel will be worse)

so tell me if anyone thinks only speed should be reflected in unit speed, and to forget operational range. (also same for ships and planes?)
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well I dunno about that. I want to bring up one more thing - the numbers don't necessarily reflect the combat capabilities.
For example, T-34/75 on paper is faaaaaaaaaar superior to the Panzer IV. But in reality... The T-34 had problems with number of crew, vision, lack of radio communication, and some other stuff I don't remember that decreased its combat efficiency to the level close to Panzer IV. What I want to say is that there are more factors than just numbers for combat capabilities, and the combat statics are all that reliable too cause there is even more factors involved and it will be hard to reflect that really well. What doesn't mean we can't improve it but we must be a bit more elastic.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes, there is a good elasticity
- first is bonus, we can fine- tune bonuses those are free to change
- also in exceptional cases we can "override" any xls generated stats, but that must be noted in XLS
(eg. increased power because of used superior ammo shells)

so i am open to any specific suggestion: but never forgert we must not make a nation "op" compared to others, eg: i think Germans always have better tanks and tanks crews, but we must not make them OP, eg. egy making them more costy? or something.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Very well.
About Germans, the point is that they don't have particularaly good tanks, especially early war, in terms of armor and firepower, but in speed and the telecommunications, that allowed them extensive use of mobile warfare, but I don't know how to put that in game well.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Midonik wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:35 pm Very well.
About Germans, the point is that they don't have particularaly good tanks, especially early war, in terms of armor and firepower, but in speed and the telecommunications, that allowed them extensive use of mobile warfare, but I don't know how to put that in game well.
umm... cheap and fast tanks with higher sight?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
andysensei

Post by andysensei »

Good points.

As mentioned above, T-34/76 and Pz4 are very different tanks. However. all things considered, they are roughly equal in combat effectiveness.

So it would be interesting if they had clear relative strengths and weaknesses, such as the idea mentioned above (Pz4 having better sight to compensate for less armour/firepower). If that is not enough to balance it, there might be other interesting options such as better accuracy (optics and rifling did tend to be better on German guns..and if accuracy is good enough for catapults and trebuchets in AoS, why not different accuracy stats for Pz4 and T34? :)

I should give it another look, but I feel that units representing individual tanks/small squads of infantry suits this game better than operational level or larger units.

Return to “Implemented/Closed ones”