Regicide

Put here any ideas about new suggested game types comes into your mind.
LordOfAles

Regicide

Post by LordOfAles »

Its simple.

You start with a king or worker, whichever player's king dies first loses. (2 vs 2)

If more than one enemy is present, when Team 1 king dies all team 1 units and structures are deleted, and so on for team 2 and 3 (3 vs 3)

Thoughts?
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Regicide

Post by DoomCarrot »

This has been suggested before, but it was ultimately agreed that most players would just keep their kings in their home cities, which are almost always the last to fall in a normal game anyways....
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Well thats kind the point lol, or make super forts
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

His main idea was that it would be the exact same experience as any old normal game.

The only way to fix that would be by not letting the king be garrisonable. But! Even then, the player would hide the king in the corner of the map.

That can be fixed by giving the unit high stats, but even then they still have the option to cower in a corner to risk nothing.
OLÉ
MikeyHud

Post by MikeyHud »

I like this idea.
As someone who prefers a defensive style in games, I would have a blast playing these games.

Return to “New game types in the game (like capture the flag)”