Tournament!

Put here any ideas about new suggested game types comes into your mind.
balint

Tournament!

Post by balint »

every second/third month a tournament is organised.
players can try out themselves and the winner gains a chest full of gems (maybe a legendary item if heroes are implemented). If achievments are in, the winner can receive one.

The matches:
Different maps, and 1-2 boss.
boss->Daniel or anyone who oversee the game, to avoid cheating.

rules:
Everyone vs. everyone (players can team up unoficially)
No upgrades
Final and semi final.
matches last 2, max 3 day

maybe the wait time of multiplayer is reduced during the event.

the first rounds are free tp join, but after them, players have.to send a valid email addres, their in-game name to Daniel, or a game moderator (at the moment patroid and myself), but if someone accepts to be the guy who collect it, then it would be a great help.

What do ya think?
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
COOLguy

Re: Tournament!

Post by COOLguy »

COOL!!!
I can make a bracket system. All are divided into "leagues" of 8 players/teams and they play for league championships. I will post a picture of what I mean.
Games should be a standard turn length/real time length. And winners maybe determined by the points.

I would like to help organize the first one... if that's all right. :)
Thanks!
Josh
balint

Post by balint »

I thought at you, when I wanted someone to organize this :D

:D
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Here's what I mean. Tell me what you think. The images are 100% original productions! :D Sorry for my bad handwriting. ;)
Thanks, balint! :D
Thanks!
Josh
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi
Your paper is wrong.
Chuck Norris never loose.

You must rename again (this time you should take boris)
:D
Patroid
draakjee

Post by draakjee »

tournament sounds nice :D

but what about the maps, (and TC's)?
we all know that TC's are not always divided fairly, and than players with more close TC's have a bigger chance to win
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I've never really thought that starting near less tc's is a big problem. As (i might be imagining it) those places always seem to be easy to defend due to closed landscape around it. (But as I said, im probaly wrong)
Alternatively, I suppose some more maps could be made with tournaments in mind. :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I beat Chuck Norris lol. (uh oh, now I should change my name ;) )(Hubert, maybe?)

Maps: This is the idea "Multiplayer Scenarios" - but Daniel has not had time to implement that: predetermining player setups for multiplayer. So we can wait and do it that way, or we can just put up with the unfairness.

That could be a problem, especially in a limited game.
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

OK.
Before we start, I have two questions:
1) Do we allow upgrades or consumables? I am in favor of having both. Maybe we could make the winner reward not as huge so there is less reason to use gems.
2) Do we do single player or teams? I like the idea of teams (2 or 3 players on each) because it would include more players in less space, but it might make games a bit longer.

Also maybe wait is shortened to 2-3 with a sleep option of 8 hours. Game limits are maybe 5 days in real time (how many turns?). That would put league tournaments at a month long (because some games can go simultaneously).

Please tell me what you all think. :)
Thanks!
Josh
balint

Post by balint »

My idea:
First 2 round is team fight, so we can ,,kick'' less people.

jpgrades: yoh are allowed to use them, but consumables are not allowed.

Coolguy: What do you rhink about Alejandro de la Florenzo? ;)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Ok how does "team fight" work?

Maybe "Captain Steve Rogers" (aka 'Captain America' :D ). Then Chuck won't want to mess with me! ;)
Thanks!
Josh
balint

Post by balint »

Team fight: 3 vs. 3

I think that would encourage chuck to find you :)

You might try to hide in a gypsi colony too ;)
draakjee

Post by draakjee »

or you can make two tournaments:
one tournament for best solo player
second tournament for best team (and all team-members wil get a small price)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

draakjee/heeyy: that sounds pretty good.

idk about gypsy camp. do they have good food? I am kinda partial to pizza. :D
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Here is my idea about the tournament. When any player wants to join, he gets put onto the list. He also is assigned to a league. A league equals 2,4,or 8 players/teams. 2,4, or 8 leagues make up a conference. All tournament games are divided into 2 groups: 'season' games and 'non-season' games. Season games are the league, conference, and overall championships using the bracket systems. Non-season games are pre-announced games that are between tournament players. The results of all tournament games (wins or losses of seasonal and non-seasonal games) are taken into account by a "ranking committee". They will rank the players to decide which top players play for the overall championship.
Conferences/leagues decide if they allow teams of 2 or 3 players, or just solo.

What do you guys think of it?
Thanks!
Josh
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I had to read it twice, but I think I understand it now. ;) if i do understand it correctly, it sounds like very solid and fun system :D
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Thank you! It's long, but I hope I didn't forget to mention anything. :)
Thanks!
Josh
draakjee

Post by draakjee »

it's a little bit complicated, but i think i understand it,

hope this idea will be realized soon :)
Alex486

Post by Alex486 »

For a tournament, why not make the game turn limited. Say 50 turns each. At the end of 50 turns, if no winner, winner will be crowned by points.
Anything is feasible with enough money and power.

Get ready to get your teeth kicked in, it will make for a good education.
balint

Post by balint »

Idk if the engine can do that....
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

THIS IS A SPECTACULAR IDEA!!!! COOLGUY, WHY HASN'T THE FIRST TOURNAMENT BEEN ANNOUNCED? :-)
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Ok sorry. I have been "stucked". And everyone else was busy as well.

There are some things that need to be implemented beforehand, but maybe we should have an informal one. Ending at the end of March?

Let's try to build 2 leagues of 8 players. Let me know if you want to be a league leader. They would help organize. It's pretty much first come first served.
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

I'll participate and assist as needed, but I'd rather not be a league leader...i have a lot going on...
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

Sounds great!. I'll help as much as possible, but I don't really know much about "league leading" :)
balint

Post by balint »

I apply as a league leader :)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Okay, sorry for spacing out on y'all, there for a minute.

Here is a more detailed explanation of what a league leader would do. It's not really that hard or time consuming.

1) A league leader would fill out his league with teams/players(2, 4, or 8). So they would be in charge of recruiting players for there leagues when they are first formed, plus if any of their players drop out of the tournaments. Keep in mind that having a strong league will help the rankings of everyone else on that league. Meaning that even if you're always getting your butt kicked, if your league is cleaning house against every other league, you may be ranked higher than Chuck Norris if he's kickin' tail on a weak league. :)
2) A league leader would keep his league on schedule. Basically just making sure the players are starting their games and getting me the results on time. Again, not too challenging, but if I was "league leader" of like 50 of them, that would get complicated.
3) A league leader sets the initial rules for his league. This isn't set in stone yet. Options may include allowing teams as players, allowing upgrades,... etc.
4) A league leader is in charge of inter-league negotiations. Like if you want to trade players with another league to get a more balanced league.

I think that's it. Not too hard - the main thing is making sure your league has 2, 4, or 8 players, and then getting me game results. Changes in leagues (like new players joining, or swapping players) just need the approval of the involved (league leaders that are involved/ players that are involved).

balint is a leader if he still wants it: you can start recruiting. ejm: if you would like to be one, I can hold this second spot for you.

Hope this wasn't too long. :)
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

If this becomes too imbalanced, you may need to institute a rating system for individuals, based on the upgrades they have unlocked, number of matches played and general level of ability...then handicaps could be assigned to keep expert-level players from stomping all the newbie players in his/her league...players play against comparable-level players...just a thought...that's how they scheduled matches in my pool league when i was still playing...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Yes that is important. There is an individual ranking (see above) and so the league leaders (and myself) can see if a league has one guy too powerful and swap players. Try to keep leagues balanced to themselves and each other: I mean half as experienced powerhouses and the others newbies sorta...

The handicaps are part of what I was thinking of needing to be implemented.
Thanks!
Josh
balint

Post by balint »

Ok. I will be the leader of League 51 :)
51 is ny favourite number :D
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

COOLguy wrote:ejm: if you would like to be one, I can hold this second spot for you
Thanks coolguy! But I understood very little of that, probaly best somone eles does it :lol:

Return to “New game types in the game (like capture the flag)”