Translations

You can see here listed all Developer problems in which he asks for help regarding AOS from forum users.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Translations

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks! email me on dev email so i can send u - thanks!
Vigor_Xerath

Post by Vigor_Xerath »

I want to help korean translation. Some parts are didnt translated yet.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

mega thanks!
please email me on dev email so i can send u the files -thanks!

daniel
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

hey can I translate Aoww to hindi? Maybe then I'll go for Aos and Aof. I personally like the world war theme a lot!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sure, thanks! - email me please!
Wormtongue

Post by Wormtongue »

Do you still need a german translation?
Wormtongue

Post by Wormtongue »

Well, I might do it. I am native german, relieable and a very experienced professional writer, so I think I would be perfect for this job.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks! would be cool!

please email me so i can send current files in email - thanks!
daniel
Wormtongue

Post by Wormtongue »

I can't contact you, cause you activated privacy :D
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

in email: zerotouchsystems it is gmail
Trema

Post by Trema »

Hey. I can translate into Russian.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Awesome! please email me thanks! daniel
Phantomstriker

Post by Phantomstriker »

I want to make traslation of inglish to spanish
I like the strategy games i like age of strategy
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

English to Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi(it is already posted by another player but just to inform if it is not proceeding)🤔

And how am i supposed to do, edit a template or a stringfile
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Phantomstriker wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:48 am I want to make traslation of inglish to spanish
would be awesome! thanks! please email me on developer email so i can send files - thanks!
Hyuhjhih wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:55 am English to Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi(it is already posted by another player but just to inform if it is not proceeding)🤔

And how am i supposed to do, edit a template or a stringfile
same here -thanks!
Inbreak

Post by Inbreak »

Another native russian speaker in this theme with some experience in translations. Can help with editing also cuz some of currently implemented russian translations are too robotic or made with mistakes.
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks!
actually 2 people already working on it - but if you would like to help them i could share your email address to them so you can cut the amount to 3 not only 3 parts so it will be ready earlier.

email me if you think it can go this way.

thanks!

daniel
AzorTuga

Post by AzorTuga »

Hi Dev,

Do you need help with the Portuguese translation? I am native Portuguese.

Glad to help!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

would be awesome! thanks!
please email me on developer email - thanks!

daniel
AzorTuga

Post by AzorTuga »

Done!
multim

Post by multim »

I'm in a middle of updating Polish translation. If someone has any request to change some of existing translations please PM me.

PL only:
Jednostka "Skirmisher" dosłownie tłumczy się jako "Harcownik, ochotnik". Czy dotychczasowa nazwa "Bojownik" w grze wydaje się wam odpowiednia, czy proponowalibyście ją zmienić? Szczególnie, że jest do jedna ze starszych, podstawowych jednostek.
Jeżeli macie propozycję do tej jednostki lub innych tłumaczeń, piszcie PM.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:55 am English to Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi(it is already posted by another player but just to inform if it is not proceeding)🤔
Apologies Daniel. I know i was supposed to complete the translation work to malayalam within this time. But sorry , i was very busy on my irl work. So please, i need a few more time. Nearly 50% completed.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Dont worry take your time! Thanks! Daniel
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Oops sorry daniel, i know it was my mistake that i hadn't told this before (a month ago) , but i lost the file @80% completed within my phone in a small (my lab ) accident in which my phone went unrecoverable. Some of the forumers ( @phoenixffyrnig @Aral_Yaren )know about this issue. (Well i have little to no scratches at all) the file i worked all along gone forever. So i need the xml file again with the expected time to redo the work.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

b2198

Post by b2198 »

Need help with the portuguese translation? I noticed there are some parts of it that don't match the english version (things like "frigate" being translated to "galeão" and "galleon" to "fragata", for example) which could be fixed.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
AzorTuga

Post by AzorTuga »

b2198 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:10 am Need help with the Portuguese translation? I noticed there are some parts of it that don't match the English version (things like "frigate" being translated to "galeão" and "galleon" to "fragata", for example) which could be fixed.
Hi b2198, I did the Portuguese translation. In Portuguese, the logical/historical development/upgrade is from "Galé" to "Galeaça" and then to "Galeão". In that sense and in line with the upgrades in the game, the names are set as such. The term "Fragata/Frigate" comes up with prominence in the XVIII century describing a larger ship, with 3 main masts and filled with cannons, from which the carrack is the predecessor; thus being in line with what is shown in the game.

The translation was made a year ago and there are game changes now which are not translated yet. Taking that into account, what other issues do you see?
b2198

Post by b2198 »

AzorTuga wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:05 pm In Portuguese, the logical/historical development/upgrade is from "Galé" to "Galeaça" and then to "Galeão".
Yeah, I know about that, but in english those are not the names used for the ships, so having them as Galley -> Galeass -> Frigate in English while having Galé -> Galeaça -> Galeão in Portuguese causes misunderstandings when talking about the units. Since the majority of the players are used to the english names, I thought it would be better to translate as they are in english for consistency, instead of changing the english names.
AzorTuga wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:05 pm The translation was made a year ago and there are game changes now which are not translated yet. Taking that into account, what other issues do you see?
Another one i noticed was the translation of some categories, like "ranged" being translated to "arqueiro" and "archer" to "arqueiros", which makes them too similar, and hard to differentiate on a first look.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
AzorTuga

Post by AzorTuga »

Well ok, that's up to the devs to decide then, a literal translation as you wish or an adequate to the game translation. When Portuguese players play the game, they are not aware of the English version. In my opinion, the English should be adapted to Galley, » Galeass » Galleon, but that's not my call.

Yes, that was tricky because the alternative would be "soldado de ataque à distancia" or "Atacante de alcance" and it was practically better to just group them as "arqueiro". But your complaint is legit. What alternative would you suggest?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

AzorTuga wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:40 pm Well ok, that's up to the devs to decide then, a literal translation as you wish or an adequate to the game translation. When Portuguese players play the game, they are not aware of the English version. In my opinion, the English should be adapted to Galley, » Galeass » Galleon, but that's not my call.
yes, the translations needs to be exactly the same as english, only translated - no change is acceptable there (for consistency)
AzorTuga

Post by AzorTuga »

It's your game. As a player and Portuguese speaker, it doesn't make sense.

Return to “Dev asks for Help”