Squirrel5555: task 2: updating unit to be AOD unit PASSED

Here i will list the apprentices and their learning tasks, so others also can follow how it goes.
Please DONT POST HERE any solutions on the given task earlier than the apprentice, you can ask questions from him tough.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Squirrel5555: task 2: updating unit to be AOD unit PASSED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

here is a new task for modding learning curve:
lets turn this "unit_rep_inf_alphas.json" unit to be an AOD unit
- change its image to an AOD image, eg. a ship from here (https://www.androidutils.com/forum/view ... 242&t=7930) use the "Carrack.png"- change its walkable terrain to a naval (look into another unit that is a naval unit and copy from there eg. unit_hum_ship_destroyer_sam.json and look "trnWalkTerrain")
- change its "unitTypeName" to UNIT_GB_SHIP_CARRACK (is it british?)- change its movement to needed value as ship- change its attack value to needed one
- ! update the id/units_id_list.txt line so the UNIT_GB_SHIP_CARRACK will be listed under that ID the unit has.
- search the whole asset where the UNIT_REP_INF_ALPHAS appears and change to the UNIT_GB_SHIP_CARRACK (buildlist json, initialization json)
- change its range value to needed one  
- change its armor values
- and any other needed to be this ship

When ready, open in modded mode and open mapeditor place the ship on a water tile and click it and screenshot me that position.
send me
- screenshot
- and your assetpack so i can check.

thanks!
Puss_in_Boots

Re: MaxBirukov: task 2: updating unit to be AOD unit

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

You can do it, I believe in you!
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: MaxBirukov: task 2: updating unit to be AOD unit

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i have added a line:
- search the whole asset where the UNIT_REP_INF_ALPHAS appears and change to the UNIT_GB_SHIP_CARRACK (buildlist json, initialization json)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Squirrel5555: task 2: updating unit to be AOD unit PASSED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Squirrel5555 passed!

Return to “Under the Hood studies”