Rebalancing raptor rider - ANSWERED

enrich

Rebalancing raptor rider - ANSWERED

Post by enrich »

The raptor rider is the fastest unit in the game available from the start and it only costs 3 turns. It can 2 hit ko all knights and elf archers. Making this the fastest and strongest unit in the begining of the game. Orcs are supposed to be a slow but bulky race so why do they have this unit that can make them expand better than any other race?

The base raptor rider needs to have a lower hp or lower attack to balance it out
Alpha

Re: Rebalancing raptor rider

Post by Alpha »

Then this will make the Orc race a lot weaker. I don't agree with rebalancing the Raptor Rider
Epic Gamer Moment!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Orcs are a melee races and they aren't supposed to be slow at all. The raptor rider is very fragile and easy to kill. It is just a fast anti cavalry useful to take some tcs in the early game and to fight cavalry when improved (dedicating a good amount if turns on that).
Elves can expand easily just by using a 4 speed ranged that costs 2 turns only and they can make a lot of them and hit enemies in the early part of the game remaining unscathed.
Generally in strategy games melee units need to be faster than ranged units since you need to get close to an enemy to deal some damage (many rpg have a charge skill made for that reason) and the fact that orcs only had slower units have been the reason for them being so weak.
Age of Fantasy design leader
enrich

Post by enrich »

Yeah but that still doesnt change the fact that raptor riders have become the best unit for taking over the map.

The bonus should change to only 50% against calvary for the regular raptor rider.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

The unit works as it should. it act as anti cavalry and is the only means for orc to conquer tcs. It is fragile enough to make it easy to kill and stop the tcs conquering. It isn't even able to kill an archer easily and can be killed from ranged units without problems, so i don't think it needs any modification.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

raptors are naturally strong and fast according to the movies.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I made some test with DoomCarrots an we stated that elves are overall better in the early game to conquer Tcs (since all of their 2 turns units are faster compared to other race units and you can use them to conquer a lot of tcs at once). On the orc side you need to vary your productions to be effective, so it would be a great risk to make only raptor riders (and they cost 1 turn more, so you still have less units to conquer early tcs) o this is definitely balanced, and the unit itself is pretty easy to kill, so there is no need to rebalace it.
enrich

Re: Rebalancing raptor rider - ANSWERED

Post by enrich »

I didnt suggest that it should be balanced against elfs.
I mean humans.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

It is fine as it is. i've never found balance issues with humans. the lack of a good early ranged make up for it. The unit is very likely to die and it is the only way for orc to expand at the start (melee infantry is not viable enough, the wolf rider is costly and slow and that is a dedicated unit you need to make on purpose)

Also humans have no fast cavalry at the moment (and i think they should) so if you want you can make a suggestion for a fast unit for the early game in the human section.
enrich

Post by enrich »

Isnt there one already in aos?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yes, i would go for something more peculiar tough. Cloning AoS units might seems the best way to the start but i think that we should make our own cause balance is different and also wee need our own look for units (also because a human only game must be different from a AoS game).
enrich

Post by enrich »

What balance? Everytime i look away the game gets less and less balanced.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Sorry, what are you talking about? Was the game balanced when humans and elves could defeat both orcs and undeads without loosing a unit? There is people that is working to the game to put in new contents that will solve balance issue (some is already in the dev version) instead of complaining on the board about anything new.

If you don't like AoF you can still play AoS where there are no race and balance issues are limited.

I'm not loosig my time after trolls
Have a good life
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Alexander is right, You complain way too much about the new units, the raptor rider has low health, low damage, but high movement, the point of the Raptor Rider is to be a scout unit and its supposed to resemble the light Calvary from AOS. The Swordsman is far more superior then the elves AND undead, and you can compete the orc warriors by simple using the GOD DAMN blacksmith! I am extremely sick of you complaining about every F*cking single thing in this game and forum! I am with Alexander that I will not deal with you and if you don't like this game, then fine, play AOS or some other alternative.

Have a wonderful day Enrich.
Epic Gamer Moment!

Return to “Archived - Other”