Giants and flying units - IMPLEMENTED

Alexander82

Giants and flying units - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that giant creatures should have the chance to deal a decent damage to flying units, and in particular to those flying units that rely on melee attacks (like dragons)

A giant is a building-like creature and should have its way to deal at least with melee flyers.
Having a ettin or a troll deal a single damage to a dragon it is really unrealistic.
Especially melee flyers should at least receive a full counterattack from any melee unit (they need to get close to their target to hit him. That would especially be balanced in case of creatures with high healt (you need like 8 archers hit to take down a dragon and that isn't balanced for undeads and orcs that make a lot less ranged units (they have some but they don't make them in big numbers if they want to obtain an efficient strategy)

That proposal is to make size matter in combat, especially when the shape of the space around you is involved (and it is perfectly in line with this proposal that i strongly endorse: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2807)
Age of Fantasy design leader
ejm29

Re: Giants and flying units

Post by ejm29 »

I agree.
It is rather unrealistic. As is the giant units in water issue.
I think it would be better to just give them a counter though.
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Be happy my friend. We are implementing both things ;)
Age of Fantasy design leader
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

True :D
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."

Return to “Archived - Other”