Animation for towns/unit building structures. - IMPLEMENTED

sambojin

Animation for towns/unit building structures. - IMPLEMENTED

Post by sambojin »

(First post. Yay!)

I see that the Undead Zombie unit has some 3/4 frame animation going on with the flies circling it. Can you post unit structure .png's? I'd love to do a bit of colour cycling/flickering for buildings, to make it really obvious to players where their units are (and aren't).

Would like to do this for Star Wars Strategy as well, due to the it being hard to see on those buildings.

How many frames of animation do each unit/building have access to? I love doing a bit of pixel art, and think it would add tremendously to the visual impact of the game to have a little bit of animation on many things.

Not much, very subdued. You still want it to be easy to see what is what. But even a small loop for some buildings and terrain tiles (ground/water transitions for shore effects for instance) would be great.

So can you post the AoF .png's here, and I'll see what I can come up with? Units, buildings, terrain?

Knowing the basic format you want them in would be helpful too, otherwise it'll just be frame1.png, frame2.png, etc that I return to you. maybe terrainframe1.png, unitframe1.png, etc.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Animation for towns/unit building structures.

Post by Stratego (dev) »

nice idea!

image: there are too many please point out eg. 3 image and i can post it to you, or you can simply look into the apk and you see all.
format: here is the zombie animation for example
Attachments
64_unit_undead_zombie_anim.png
64_unit_undead_zombie_anim.png (1.17 KiB) Viewed 3776 times
sambojin

Post by sambojin »

Ground/Water terrain transitions, Bone Wall (undead) structure, and cities would do at first.

Maybe Orc buildings as well. Huts and volcano would look nice with colour cycling for glowy entrances/lava. So would Crypt (Undead mage structure), with animated flames when something is inside it.

Where do the files normally go on my phone from the .apk? Directories, etc?

I have a good file manager, and sprite editors, but a very complicated file directory structure that I know little about (on my phone).

I will probably edit the sprites on PC anyway.
sambojin

Post by sambojin »

If there's 6 frames of animation available, the world is the mollusc of our choice :)

I'll look into it. Posting the .png's is useful though for me though. Original artists retain copyright, etc, mine is just an edit. I'll set them up, right to left, as animation sheets as above (like the zombie), to see what you think of them after such edits.

I will probably post a .gif too, just so you can see looping straight up (non-scripted .gif loop).
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

No gif needed but a similar png as the undead.
There can be any images not just 6. But keep it as low number of images as possible.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

many are implemented
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Other”